Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cricket Discussion' started by RimsModS, Dec 6, 2014.
No Abdul Razzak.. shit!! miss you very Razzak in WC15
-INSHALLAH PAKWILL BACK WITH TROPHY IN HOME..
Discussion thread for the Pakistan Cricket Team
They will bring cup back Inshallah even Razaq not playing there!
Why should Abdul Razzak be playing? Am I missing something?
In terms of the squad, it looks ok but some new names there and names that aren't regulars in the team, might affect the dynamic. It's difficult to see Pakistan doing well in the WC, their ODI side is weak and disjointed. The best team one can probably pick from there is:
1. Ahmed Shehzad
2. Sarfraz Ahmed WK (a vicious, aggressive keeper? Moin Khan maybe lol but this kid is in the right mold and should open)
3. Azhar Ali (Hafeez no longer has value without his bowling)
4. Younis Khan (on the back of test form but not a real fan of his ODI batting)
5. Misbah Ul-Haq C
6. Fawad Alam (another young player completely mistreated by the PCB, he should be here, he should be given confidence and maybe even the ball)
7. Shahid Afridi (amazingly, still manages to add value with the ball but has to be far more mature with the bat)
8. Umar Gul
9. Mohammad Irfan
10. Saeed Ajmal (is he cleared from his "misdemeanor"?)
11. Yasir Shah (has really made an early impression)
this is probable 30-men squad.. now to choose 15...
Hafeez will play as batsman.. whereas ajmal is hoping alot... if they drop yasir or babar then no one left to spin bowling as only afridi is there.. but if ajmal is not allowed to play in future , as well hafeez been suspended...
Well its upon selectors..
shah and babar have to both be there, especially if ajmal isn't. The bowling is their strength and they have to play to their strengths.
welll it can not be judged right now because the australian tracks are bouncy and totally different
Well,Will pak win today?
what you think about?
I understand that but every team has to play to their strength, certain tweaks can be made but Pakistan rely, no matter the pitch, on their bowling. A solid crop of fast bowlers supported by truly top level spinners. That's what will help Pakistan in this tourney.
but any way we can not trust our batting.... spiners and fast blers ie irfabn junaid and gul will be our trunk cards
I hope selectors do not go ahead with Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik. I can not understand as to why these tried and tested failures have been picked among 30. With Sarafaraz performing the way he is, Kamran Akmal has no business being anywhere near this team.
I also would have loved to see someone else lead us in the WC. Misbah is too negative to lead a team that has never played well with a defensive mindset. Pakistan has still got flare even without the star quality that once they had. Even now our fast bowlers are quick and nasty yet skillful. Irfan will be a lethal weapon on bouncy tracks. Wahab has got pace and can reverse the old ball. A fully fit Junaid can rattle any top order. I don't think we need Umar Gul any more. He is not what he used to be and even then he used to misfire too many a times. He could never take his opportunity to spearhead our pacers. I would love to see Yasir being given a chance here. Mushy was so vital in 1992. Leg spinners can do well on bouncy tracks in Australia.
Coming back to my point about Misbah, I think he has pretty much killed our killing instinct as a team. Our batsmen were never the best but they loved to play strokes. Since Misbah has taken over, our run rate has been the worst among the top teams. We are perhaps the only team in the world that takes 30 overs to score 100 on docile tracks such as those in UAE. The defensive and timid mindset of our captain has influenced our batting. When it comes to bowling, Misbah only tries to slow the opposition down by keeping run limiting fields. Our bowlers are natural wicket takers but Misbah's lack of urgency in the middle overs reduces them to mediocre bowlers. Misbah also has failed to realize the true potential of our seamers. He relied too much on Ajmal and overbowled him to oblivion.
He needs to use our fast bowlers as wicket takers. But I don't think Misbah can change at this age. Pakistan have missed a trick by keeping him as the captain. Shahid Afridi would have been a much better choice.
But it had been decided couple of months ago for Misbah to lead. If he leaves now, then it will particularly harmful to team at this stage. We have only 3-4 odi left. So experimenting the team with afridi will not be favourable for team.....
But the only thing which i pray... anyone lead the team and take it towards the CUP....
Yesterday's dominating performance under a more dynamic leader should be an eye opener for PCB. Afridi in his post match talk also emphasized that Pakistani team only does well when they are aggressive. That was a serious jab at Misbah's lack of intensity and aggression by Afridi. I hope Misbah stays unfit for us to have a realistic chance at performing in WC.
now most of people would have same thinking. but i want to see misbah playing but not as captain
Poor team, infact abysmal team. Players 3-6 play at a strike rate of 60-70 even in ODI cricket. This is the main reason of Pakistan's failure with the bat. Whereas in other teams players are more pro active Pakistan like to be tied down and make it hard for everyone else.
My Pakistan team:
1. Ahmed Shehzad - ask him to anchor and keep his strike rate around 80-90 constantly.
2. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk) - play his natural game
3. Hafeez (if his action gets cleared)/ Younis Khan (hate this guys ODI batting but we have no other genuine players for this spot)
4. Haris Sohail- clearly show that he can bat long periods of time and at a healthy strike rate
5. Misbah Ul Haq (c) - forced decision as he is captain. Have to ask him not to hoard the strike. Would rather have a Fawad Alam here instead
6. Umar Akmal- pretty decent finisher when he puts his mind to it
7. Shahid Afridi - shown that he can play relatively sensibly at a high strike (scored 250 odd runs against NZ and took approx. 14 wickets)
8. Anwar Ali / Sohail Tanvir - Not fond of either but it provides a depth in the batting line-up
9. Saeed Ajmal/ Yasir Shah/ Zulfiqar Babar - dependant on whether Ajmal is cleared and is still as potent as he previously was.
10. Umar Gul /Junaid Khan - Both appear to be injured and out of form but are a great wicket taking options
11. Mohammad Irfan - just for his awkward bounce on the bouncy tracks
12. Sohaib Maqsood - could replace either Haris Sohail or Akmal. Preferably Misbah but that is not an option.