Are you Pakistani Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 92 74.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Poor team, infact abysmal team. Players 3-6 play at a strike rate of 60-70 even in ODI cricket. This is the main reason of Pakistan's failure with the bat. Whereas in other teams players are more pro active Pakistan like to be tied down and make it hard for everyone else.

My Pakistan team:

1. Ahmed Shehzad - ask him to anchor and keep his strike rate around 80-90 constantly.
2. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk) - play his natural game
3. Hafeez (if his action gets cleared)/ Younis Khan (hate this guys ODI batting but we have no other genuine players for this spot)
4. Haris Sohail- clearly show that he can bat long periods of time and at a healthy strike rate
5. Misbah Ul Haq (c) - forced decision as he is captain. Have to ask him not to hoard the strike. Would rather have a Fawad Alam here instead
6. Umar Akmal- pretty decent finisher when he puts his mind to it
7. Shahid Afridi - shown that he can play relatively sensibly at a high strike (scored 250 odd runs against NZ and took approx. 14 wickets)
8. Anwar Ali / Sohail Tanvir - Not fond of either but it provides a depth in the batting line-up
9. Saeed Ajmal/ Yasir Shah/ Zulfiqar Babar - dependant on whether Ajmal is cleared and is still as potent as he previously was.
10. Umar Gul /Junaid Khan - Both appear to be injured and out of form but are a great wicket taking options
11. Mohammad Irfan - just for his awkward bounce on the bouncy tracks

12. Sohaib Maqsood - could replace either Haris Sohail or Akmal. Preferably Misbah but that is not an option.

Akmal shouldn't be anywhere near the ODI side, he is ineffective he vast majority of the time.

Sohail is a good pick based on recent form but Hafeez is rubbish without his bowling.

So other than that, you have Misbah as do I and Khan has just scored an ODI century so he should be playing.

My team is far more balanced, two quick players up front, a middle order that can consolidate if things go wrong and a lower order that can get quick runs.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So other than that, you have Misbah as do I and Khan has just scored an ODI century so he should be playing.

Younis Khan's century should not be taking as a component for his selection. At the start he was around 2 of around 18 balls. He mounted so much pressure on the other batsmen and was unable to rotate the strike as well as a number 3 should. He struggles throughout the series to hit boundaries and took way to long to get going.

Regarding Umar Akmal, he had an unlucky series. He was run out a couple of times and barely had time to play a constructed innings. He has been around for a long time and Pakistan has helped him blossom as a player, it would be a shame if he didn't get a spot in the playing XI. Pakistan don't have the likes of a Dhoni etc and Akmal is our best hope for a decent finish.

Muzammil.

Pirate / Banned
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  5. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Poor team, infact abysmal team. Players 3-6 play at a strike rate of 60-70 even in ODI cricket. This is the main reason of Pakistan's failure with the bat. Whereas in other teams players are more pro active Pakistan like to be tied down and make it hard for everyone else.

My Pakistan team:

1. Ahmed Shehzad - ask him to anchor and keep his strike rate around 80-90 constantly.
2. Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk) - play his natural game
3. Hafeez (if his action gets cleared)/ Younis Khan (hate this guys ODI batting but we have no other genuine players for this spot)
4. Haris Sohail- clearly show that he can bat long periods of time and at a healthy strike rate
5. Misbah Ul Haq (c) - forced decision as he is captain. Have to ask him not to hoard the strike. Would rather have a Fawad Alam here instead
6. Umar Akmal- pretty decent finisher when he puts his mind to it
7. Shahid Afridi - shown that he can play relatively sensibly at a high strike (scored 250 odd runs against NZ and took approx. 14 wickets)
8. Anwar Ali / Sohail Tanvir - Not fond of either but it provides a depth in the batting line-up
9. Saeed Ajmal/ Yasir Shah/ Zulfiqar Babar - dependant on whether Ajmal is cleared and is still as potent as he previously was.
10. Umar Gul /Junaid Khan - Both appear to be injured and out of form but are a great wicket taking options
11. Mohammad Irfan - just for his awkward bounce on the bouncy tracks

12. Sohaib Maqsood - could replace either Haris Sohail or Akmal. Preferably Misbah but that is not an option.

Akmal shouldn't be anywhere near the ODI side, he is ineffective he vast majority of the time.

Sohail is a good pick based on recent form but Hafeez is rubbish without his bowling.

My team is far more balanced, two quick players up front, a middle order that can consolidate if things go wrong and a lower order that can get quick runs.

Younis Khan's century should not be taking as a component for his selection. At the start he was around 2 of around 18 balls. He mounted so much pressure on the other batsmen and was unable to rotate the strike as well as a number 3 should. He struggles throughout the series to hit boundaries and took way to long to get going.

Regarding Umar Akmal, he had an unlucky series. He was run out a couple of times and barely had time to play a constructed innings. He has been around for a long time and Pakistan has helped him blossom as a player, it would be a shame if he didn't get a spot in the playing XI. Pakistan don't have the likes of a Dhoni etc and Akmal is our best hope for a decent finish.
Well every one has his own choice, i have some different feelings, most of people want to see Afridi as Captain i his last cup, and similarly i would also like to see him, but what the management has done, we don't know...
Whatever the team but we all Should always pray that May Allah give us success to bring the cup Back!

and if Misbah brings it back, then Imran Khan Should Say "Tabdeely aa nahi rahi, Tabdily aa gai hai"

Muzammil.

Pirate / Banned
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Guys, @Ahmad94 & @cricket_icon
What do think what kind of kit do we have in World Cup, i don't like the present kit, do you like?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
No Abdul Razzak.. shit!! miss you very Razzak in WC15
-INSHALLAH PAKWILL BACK WITH TROPHY IN HOME..

Abdul Razzak has been out of the international scene for quite some time now. Really surprised to see some lobbying for him.

Hammad Azam would have been a good choice ,but he does not feature in the list of probables.

But it had been decided couple of months ago for Misbah to lead. If he leaves now, then it will particularly harmful to team at this stage. We have only 3-4 odi left. So experimenting the team with afridi will not be favourable for team.....
But the only thing which i pray... anyone lead the team and take it towards the CUP....

The typical subcontinental mentality of not changing the captain before a major tournament continues. Last time Pakistan won the World Cup, Imran had been coaxed out of retirement to lead the side.

SriLanka won the previous T20 under Lasith Malinga, who replaced Chandimal as captain midway through the tournament. Mumbai Indians had a similar story in the IPL.

I am not against Misbah though. I feel that he makes for a fine skipper, especially in the absence of good person to lead the team. Hafeez would have been a great choice, but he has chosen to stay away personally.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I am not against Misbah though. I feel that he makes for a fine skipper, especially in the absence of good person to lead the team. Hafeez would have been a great choice, but he has chosen to stay away personally.

Though Misbah is not a bad captain, his style is primarily a defensive captain. He has a tendency of being a bit relaxed whereas the likes of Afridi have a pro active side. Afridi tends to attack and constantly changes the field and the bowlers making it harder for the batsmen to adapt to the crease.

Muzammil.

Pirate / Banned
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Abdul Razzak has been out of the international scene for quite some time now. Really surprised to see some lobbying for him.

Hammad Azam would have been a good choice ,but he does not feature in the list of probables.

The typical subcontinental mentality of not changing the captain before a major tournament continues. Last time Pakistan won the World Cup, Imran had been coaxed out of retirement to lead the side.

SriLanka won the previous T20 under Lasith Malinga, who replaced Chandimal as captain midway through the tournament. Mumbai Indians had a similar story in the IPL.

i don't think PCB would experiment just before the start of tournament because if Afridi flops.....
but Misbah is being utilized for 4 years, so he has more recent experience, every captain has his own strategy, Buy misbah should turn into Afridi Style!
Though Misbah is not a bad captain, his style is primarily a defensive captain. He has a tendency of being a bit relaxed whereas the likes of Afridi have a pro active side. Afridi tends to attack and constantly changes the field and the bowlers making it harder for the batsmen to adapt to the crease.
I agree!
But India is having more practice before world cup in Aus Pitches. So PCb Should had transfered the UAE Series of both Aus and NZ to Australian Continent

Muzammil.

Pirate / Banned
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yesterday's dominating performance under a more dynamic leader should be an eye opener for PCB. Afridi in his post match talk also emphasized that Pakistani team only does well when they are aggressive. That was a serious jab at Misbah's lack of intensity and aggression by Afridi. I hope Misbah stays unfit for us to have a realistic chance at performing in WC.
i know its a long time ago you posted, Pakistan lost the Series Under Captaincy of Boom Boom, And the final hopes of Captaincy for BoomBoom is that Misbah don't gets recovered

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I don't know what good Misbah has done for our team in ODIs. Pakistan team has plummeted to 7th position under his captaincy. I came about horrible stat in a cricinfo article. Pakistan is the only country in top eight that has a negative winning record since 2010 in ODIs. Misbah has been captain for majority of that time. I will say once again that with Misbah leading the side, expect us to be knocked out in the first round.
Also Mr. Senior Rodent, also known as Kamran Akmal is tipped to be picked as a third opener. This will make sure my prediction comes true. That no good clown has cost us so many matches and yet with a paltry ODI average of 26, he is being picked as a third opener. I wonder how much money he has paid the board officials to get nearly selected in the final 15.

Muzammil.

Pirate / Banned
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't know what good Misbah has done for our team in ODIs. Pakistan team has plummeted to 7th position under his captaincy. I came about horrible stat in a cricinfo article. Pakistan is the only country in top eight that has a negative winning record since 2010 in ODIs. Misbah has been captain for majority of that time. I will say once again that with Misbah leading the side, expect us to be knocked out in the first round.
Also Mr. Senior Rodent, also known as Kamran Akmal is tipped to be picked as a third opener. This will make sure my prediction comes true. That no good clown has cost us so many matches and yet with a paltry ODI average of 26, he is being picked as a third opener. I wonder how much money he has paid the board officials to get nearly selected in the final 15.
Agreed....
Umar Akmal is better choice, will it again happen the replay of wc11 in which kamran dropped several catches...
Surely i'm not in favour of Kamran...... Umar should be there at 4th....

Btw do you know any news about Hafeez's bowling action report?[DOUBLEPOST=1420114818][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm trying to think of what the present kit looks like lol

But yes, considering its a WC, they should have a new kit
May they have better kit, as in t20 wc 2009,10 and the wc11

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So finally we have the final 15 for the Worldcup. Probably the weakest Pakistan lineup ever to feature in a Worldcup so I guess an early exit is possible. No Fawad, no Raza Hassan and on the top it selection of Sohail Khan is a joke. It mean that selectors are not sure about the fitness of our pace battery. Atleast the inclusion of Fawad and Anwer Ali instead of Hafeez and Sohail Khan would have made it quite interesting squad with young and fighting players.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I also can't understand how Fawad has been screwed once again. He definitely deserved to play instead of Umar Akmal. Also they could have picked another spinner in place of Ehsan Adil. What is Yasir Shah fail? Will we be stuck with only one spinner in Afridi? Without his bowling ability, Hafeez is just a burden on the team. His technique will once again be exposed on bouncy tracks and any bowler with 140 kph pace will make him dance. I expect Hafeez to be dropped three matches into the tournament and Sarfaraz will open in his place. My playing eleven would be
1.Ahmed shahzad
2.Sarfaraz Ahmed
3.Younis khan
4.Sohaib Maqsood
5.Misbah ul Haque (I hope he is injured and won't play)
6.Harris Sohail
7.Shahid Afridi
8.Wahab Riaz
9.Junaid khan
10.Yasir Shah
11.Irfan

Users who are viewing this thread