T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

It will be this year unless the MLC can't afford to convince the ICC like the Abu Dhabi T20 did.
I see no reason why it should not be. They have local talent and 5 player per XI rule.
Post automatically merged:

MLC technically didn't count as a T20 tournament
Also you mentioned T20 cricket. If it is official or not, it is cricket that too T20.

Do you think that this favoritism is good for Cricket or bad? Feel free to add on @Bevab @wasteyouryouth

I’ve said it in the past that it’s not great when there are other more deserving regions of this attention. @wasteyouryouth did make me realise that getting the subcontinental diaspora of the US could still support the country having a good cricket scene so I can understand a bit why the ICC is so obsessed with getting them involved.

They should focus on China. Huge potential there in an untapped market.
Is China interested in ICC is the bigger question. If they were, they would have swamped past all cricketing nations by now.

@Viper. you listed Matthew Short in your XI, but not in your squad? Also, I feel Stoinis is past it now.
Lol completely missed him as an AR, since he opens I forgot to list him there

Do you think that this favoritism is good for Cricket or bad? Feel free to add on @Bevab @wasteyouryouth

Getting USA to become interested in cricket has been a "many decades old dream" for the sport. The sport following culture in USA for other sports (e.g., football, baseball, basketball, etc.) is pretty iconic and cricket wants to be a part of it. Also the Asian diaspora is constantly growing and is already a huge factor in the game's potential growth in USA.

I think most of what the ICC does is bad for cricket :lol A bit hyperbolic. When things are seemingly driven by the ICC (where the major nations have little to no interest) they can do things that are positive. Often it's reversed, given up on it or has no meaning. ODI Super League perfect example.

I’ve said it in the past that it’s not great when there are other more deserving regions of this attention. @wasteyouryouth did make me realise that getting the subcontinental diaspora of the US could still support the country having a good cricket scene so I can understand a bit why the ICC is so obsessed with getting them involved.
Certainly a huge potential market but there has been for years.

I actually think this current phase is largely driven by Indian business trying to get into the US market and vice-versa (see the Glazers, CVC Capital at Gujarat or US-based businessmen from the Indo/Pak Diaspora ). India is a more appealing mega market that can also act as a buffer to China (politically). IPL has the template, where the expenditure (wages) can be restricted to ensure a healthy income and a foot in the door.

USA, if well organised (their board has been notoriously bad) could be as strong as any other nation - barring the bigger and richer countries (which is maybe four or five teams).

ICC needs to engage first.
China will start CCC. HAve their own CPL, will create fake smaller nations, Cndia, Cakistan, Cew Zealand, Cri Lanka, Cest Indies, Couth Africa, Custralia, Cngland around them and have their own version of cricket.

It would've been good if USA cricket hadn't been so complacent — if they actually put in the effort and were proactive enough to grow the game in such a big country.

At the moment, it seems like most growth is being generated by shady businessmen, and the only job of the USA board is to sanction them and then look the other way when accusations of match fixing and delayed payments come up.

If I was the ICC, I would've given up by now and looked to diversify into other untapped markets.

Adding on, if you look at Thailand or Brazil women you'll see an ideal template for the growing the game in countries with medium to large populations. If ICC did as little as distributing it's revenue somewhat fairly a lot more nations would have enough funds to pay their players a living wage, allowing them to focus on cricket.

So to sum up, USA has done little when you look at what the ICC has given to them. There are plenty of fish in the sea, if even after the T20WC they are like this ICC should look to move on.

Adding on, if you look at Thailand or Brazil women you'll see an ideal template for the growing the game in countries with medium to large populations. If ICC did as little as distributing it's revenue somewhat fairly a lot more nations would have enough funds to pay their players a living wage, allowing them to focus on cricket.

So to sum up, USA has done little when you look at what the ICC has given to them. There are plenty of fish in the sea, if even after the T20WC they are like this ICC should look to move on.
Great point

Users who are viewing this thread