NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Based on the schedule, I just feel that USA has become a money grabbing tool for ICC and other businesses. You just cannot have a marquee game such as India Pakistan or any India or Pakistan game at a venue that does not even exist. Would ICC not be slightly worried that what if the stadium completion does not happen?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Based on the schedule, I just feel that USA has become a money grabbing tool for ICC and other businesses. You just cannot have a marquee game such as India Pakistan or any India or Pakistan game at a venue that does not even exist. Would ICC not be slightly worried that what if the stadium completion does not happen?
jay-shah.gif

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
It's the biggest city in the world. People will come even if they have to sit in parking lots.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think most of what the ICC does is bad for cricket :lol A bit hyperbolic. When things are seemingly driven by the ICC (where the major nations have little to no interest) they can do things that are positive. Often it's reversed, given up on it or has no meaning. ODI Super League perfect example.

Certainly a huge potential market but there has been for years.

I actually think this current phase is largely driven by Indian business trying to get into the US market and vice-versa (see the Glazers, CVC Capital at Gujarat or US-based businessmen from the Indo/Pak Diaspora ). India is a more appealing mega market that can also act as a buffer to China (politically). IPL has the template, where the expenditure (wages) can be restricted to ensure a healthy income and a foot in the door.

USA, if well organised (their board has been notoriously bad) could be as strong as any other nation - barring the bigger and richer countries (which is maybe four or five teams).

The political point is quite understated elsewhere. The US want India as an ally for the buffer with China and to act as another manufacturing region to compete with China, if not they wouldn’t have let the extra judicial killing of the citizen of their neighbour be brushed away so easily. There’s also the sports culture that @SaiSrini mentioned, the money you can make from the American market is ludicrous given how much spending power they have for sports in contrast to even other European countries.
Post automatically merged:

It's the biggest city in the world. People will come even if they have to sit in parking lots.

I’m willing to donate five rupees to make this happen.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Just goes to show how granted they take us all as fans.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
So I was doing some digging as since the T20 World Cup matches are happening in NY, there has to be something mentioned in legislature to construct and get permits. I found this interesting conversation.
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Okay. I just want to add for item E-119-23, joining us in the audience today are some gentlemen that we've been working with if I could just point them out to your attention. Don Lockerbie, who's the venue development director for the T20 World Cup; Daniel White is a consultant for the ICC, the International Cricket Council; and also who I just met is Fawad Bachsh, who is a tournament director of the World Cup, who is a Nassau County resident, lives in New Hyde Park. So they're both here with us today.​
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: All right. Thank you. Welcome.​
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: I am presenting and very excitedly presenting to all of you a Use and Occupancy Permit between Nassau County and T20 World Cup USA Inc. As we know, Use and Occupancy permits don't normally need to come before you, but I'm pleased to present this item today as it is not only historic, but it will produce a revenue in excess of $25,000.

The purpose of the agreement is to allow T20 World Cup USA to construct a temporary 34,000 seat modular stadium on 19 acres of Eisenhower Park in Field 6. For your reference, that is the property to the left of the driveway when you pull in to attend a Lakeside Theatre event.

This stadium will be constructed for the purpose of hosting 5 or 6 matches for the 2024 International Cricket Council, ICC's, men's T20 World Cup Tournament. The vendor will be responsible for all costs. Nassau County was chosen as one of three venues in the United States to host these matches which will be played in the United States for the first time ever. These matches will be broadcast to over 1.3 billion fans -- billion, not million -- around the globe, putting Nassau County on the map for the sport of cricket. Cricket in the World Cup matches, the third most watched sporting event in broadcast history, surpassed only by the Summer Olympic Games and FIFA World Cup soccer.

A SEQRA was completed for a temporary stadium on park property. The term of this permit will be from the execution date through July 31, 2024. The permit will generate a guaranteed revenue of $125,000 per match day to cover expenses for public safety and parks maintenance. Anticipated revenue above and beyond that, $125,000 per match is approximately $2 million, as the county will receive net revenue for all event parking, as well as all revenue for general and hospitality catering for each match.

Additionally, the County could recognize an economic impact in excess of $150 Million in tourism for those that will travel here for the matches from around the globe.

Following the event, the stadium will be deconstructed, as stated in the permit, no later than July 31, 2024, and the County in return will receive three cricket pitches, World Class, two at Eisenhower and one to be constructed at Eisenhower Park. Those pitches will be used in advance and during the tournament for practices by those teams. Those will be used going forward for us to permit out. And there is a great demand through my office, since I've been working for the County, for us to build new cricket fields. So I'm pleased to bring this item before you, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.​
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: I have some, and I'm sure the members of the Committee will also have others. The irrigation system that is being installed, will that remain after the temporary stadium leaves?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Yes it will.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: And while the temporary stadium is there and these events are going on, the other organizations who have been using those fields, the area where the stadium is, will the Parks Department accommodate them and provide them other space?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Yes. Part of the process in working with T-20 was to make sure that there would be no disruption to the current use of the park. That's a low use rental area. So we are able to relocate them either within the park or to other facilities.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: When do you expect the construction to take place?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: By mid January you would start seeing some work taking place in the park.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: How long do you expect the construction phase to last?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: They hope to be ready to do a few practice run matches by mid May.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: So there will be some construction activity for that length of time between mid January to mid-May?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Yes. The first that goes on is the construction of the modular stadium. And then the actual cricket pitch is going to be natural grass, so the irrigation work will be done simultaneously to that construction. And then they'll seek to grow the grass.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Is there a requirement that 20 provide insurance to the County?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Yes.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Do you know the extent of that requirement?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Yes. They have done that. I need to call up for an assist from Rich Soleymnzadeh, who has been working with them and our consultant, to give you more details on the insurance.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Okay.
MR. SOLEYMANZADEH: Good afternoon, Legislators. Richard Soleymanzadeh for the County Attorney's Office. There is insurance requirements in the use permit of approximately $25 million
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Okay. And how will that be verified?
MR. SOLEYMANZADEH: Like with any other vendor, they have to provide a Certificate of Insurance before any construction can be taken
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Will the county be named as an additional insured?
MR. SOLEYMANZADEH: 100%.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: My suggestion is to get the policies themselves, because certificates actually don't mean much. They're just issued for informational purposes. So I would get the policies themselves and make sure that no exclusions, that it just would make the coverage illusory.
MR. SOLEYMANZADEH: 100%. We actually put an exhibit to the agreement, which details a lot of the exclusions that are not acceptable to the County and T20s experts are in agreement with that.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: But I would verify that that's the case when the policy actually comes through.
MR. SOLEYMANZADEH: Without a doubt.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: And you think 25 million is sufficient?
MR. SOLEYMANZADEH: Yes. The County believes that that's in the best interest of the County.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Thank you. I appreciate the answers. Why don't we go back to Darcy for a moment? Do we get the construction contracts back to us? In other words, do we get the construction contracts for approval here, or T20.
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Subcontractors of T20, but they will also provide insurance in Nassau County. That's part of the agreement
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: I think that's important as well. Deputy Presiding Officer Kopel?
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: So how many practice and full matches do you anticipate?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: We'll know the full World Cup match schedule by late November. We're anticipating 5 or 6 World Cup matches over a ten day period, June 4th to 13th. Just so we can make sure that people know what to do in their roles of ticket takers and concessions and such, we're looking to use our local community cricket players to do some practice matches there in advance, probably 2 or 3.
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: Right. And I'm sorry. So the practice matches are not going to be for the, the actual contestants.
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: No.
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: And do you anticipate publicizing this widely?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Yes. I'm sure T20 will as well, of course.
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: What kind of ticket prices?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: I'm not privy to that information just yet. I know that there is going to be general seating, as well as VIP options.
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: Okay.
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: I didn't mention, all parking is going to be off site of the park, except probably for some VIP parking.
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: Off site, how do people get there?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Shuttles.
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: And where would they park?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: We're looking to use Nassau Coliseum property, our museum row property, if it doesn't affect the operation of the museums, and Mitchell Athletic Complex as well as the College.
VICE CHAIRMAN KOPEL: I've never seen one of these matches, I'm looking forward to it.
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: I am too, thank you.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: I know Legislator Schaefer had a question.
CHAIRWOMAN SCHAEFER: Good afternoon, Commissioner. How are you? I just have a quick question. You mentioned something about some reimbursement. I think you said 125,000?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: Right.
CHAIRWOMAN SCHAEFER: So I have it broken down in my notes, just about $100,000 for on call and on duty NCPD, fire, medical and other emergency personnel. And then 25,000 or up to 25,000 for Department of Public Works personnel expenses and things like that.
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: And Parks for maintenance of the exterior. T20 is going to hire their own interior maintenance and security, but they're going to work in concert with our services.
CHAIRWOMAN SCHAEFER: Okay. Do we anticipate that that will cover what we need? Is it going to only cover a portion of what we need? Like, what are we thinking?
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: I do believe it will cover the expenses. But again, until this is passed, we've just done some preliminary fact-finding and had some meetings just to make sure that all the services are on board and that we could provide what was needed. But we do believe and -- also I should mention also the matches are going to be during the day. So that will also help with our team, our employees that are already working as well during the day anyway.
CHAIRWOMAN SCHAEFER: Okay. So you'll just be assigning some of them to games.
CHAIRWOMAN SCHAEFER: Once you move forward, is there a chance that there's going to be a need for much more personal than we anticipate, or is this based on some --
COMMISSIONER BELYEA: So we had two preliminary meetings, both internal and with the T20 and ICC team over the last month, and obviously we're going to have to plan more specifically, but the overall view, it was suggested that the 100,000 for the public safety would cover it, and certainly Parks for the maintenance of Public Works, 25,000 should cover expenses.
CHAIRWOMAN SCHAEFER: Okay. Thank you.
CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Any other questions?
(Whereupon, no verbal response.) CHAIRMAN NICOLLELO: Thank you.

Wowza! that a long chat I copy pasted. The gist is that the construction begins mid January with anticipated end being in May. Nassau County is expected to receive $150 million with tourism and food and revenue. $125,000 per match for police, fire, medical and DPW personnels.

No parking at the stadium so obviously like the stadium in Morrisville, park at a nearby facility and there will be shuttles. Wish ticket prices were discusses so that I would have had some sought of clue lol! Funny how they only mention ICC once and T20 all other times. 25 million dollars in insurance money in case of something goes wrong. Practice matches in May and a local resident helping ICC as he is the tournament director for this world cup. Also they will remove the stadium by July 31st 2024 so Major League Cricket has to happen before that if they want to host matches in NY.

This was held on November 10th. So county had no information whatsoever before that date looks like except the Belyea person.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Some more tidbuts

What I'm most excited to share with you and I'll be bringing before you at the next Rules is the selection of Nassau County as a site for the 2024 T20 Cricket World Cup. This event will make sports history and put Nassau County on the global stage, as this is the first time the World Cup will be played in the United States. But we also anticipate new direct revenue of $2.75 million or more, as well as indirect revenue of $165 million coming to the County. For those of you that don't know and I've been asked what is cricket? Cricket is the third most watched sport in the world after the Summer Olympics and World Cup soccer. So I'm thrilled to be presenting Nassau County to over 3.9 billion viewers worldwide. In summary, I've thoroughly enjoyed working with the Administration, the awesome Parks team and all of you, and I welcome any questions you have regarding our budget for 2024.

Correct. And the beauty of it is that they're daytime. So the matches will start around 9 or 930 in the morning -- we'll have a firm schedule in November. And T20, because people who do know cricket know that the games could go on for days. I'm sure that you might be familiar with that. This is a timed event. So the area will be cleared by 1-1:30 in the afternoon. For the weekends, I think we're going to look to do some of our own programming to keep the people in the park. All of the parking except for VIP and staff will be off site. We're going to use the Coliseum site, the College site and on Mitchell Complex for parking.

So a 9 or 9.30 start irrespective of Day light which would mean 6.30 PM start in India.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Got to lock in for the prime time TV audience
That would also mean 2.30 PM UK time, manageable 11.30 pm Australian time.

Yep, obviously gotta maximise an almost 2 billion people market in South Asia, it's only logical
Specially when they sold the legislature on 1.3 billion not million billion folks watching lol

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would honestly be funny to see India vs Pakistan on a stadium that looks like a Division-level cricket ground.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
China will start CCC. HAve their own CPL, will create fake smaller nations, Cndia, Cakistan, Cew Zealand, Cri Lanka, Cest Indies, Couth Africa, Custralia, Cngland around them and have their own version of cricket.
They actually have CCA. I really wouldn't put it pas them to create a premier league. As @CerealKiller mentioned, immense potential there.

ICC needs to develop the game here, many rivalries will emerge then...

China v USA
China v Taiwan
China v Hong Kong
China v India

Users who are viewing this thread