T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok so this is milking the cow at best and smart from West Indies cricket.

All matches in USA start at $60 per match and go all the way till $400. They have a venue bundle package for matches in Caribbean Islands where 4 match bundle for PREMIUM VIP is $312. Grass/mound ticket price for 4 matches bundle is $50!!!

The cows being milked will fund Shamar Joseph’s long test career, you’d be contributing towards a good cause.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The cows being milked will fund Shamar Joseph’s long test career, you’d be contributing towards a good cause.
I hope so! Would West Indies get all the money ? Will USA get some? How much will ICC make?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Rates in the USA will be high. I expect the venue rental and other facility charges to be on the higher end. ICC might not make much money actually.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Rates in the USA will be high. I expect the venue rental and other facility charges to be on the higher end. ICC might not make much money actually.
Atleast in Nassau county, ICC is going to pay $125,000 per match for Emergency services (Police, Fire, Ambulance) + cleaning. So 8 matches in New York means Nassau County is actually making 1 million dollars. I am pretty sure all money is not given to the front line heroes at all.

ICC is easily going to make more money then 1 million dollars they are giving away even after paying for constructing the stadium and other things like licenses and permits. Even if we assume that out of the capacity of 34000, 10000 is the average attendance for each 8 matches that is 80000 tickets sold and mind you India Pakistan will be sold out. At an average of $100 a ticket they will be making 8 million dollars alone in ticket prices. Advertisement and other stadiums and fees are separate.

Also I am averaging to $100 a ticket but we know its higher and we will see atleast 100000 tickets getting sold in Nassau county alone.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Oh, you are massively underestimating the South Asian expats here in USA. This is a World Cup and that too a T20 World Cup which is perfect for USA folks who like their games short and sweet... The massive success of the MLC (Major League Cricket) last year has gained all the attention and this ICC tournament will get even bigger hype.

As @ShamiLoverGlipGlops explains above, ICC is definitely going to make money out of these USA games. They have also very strategically placed all of India's league games in USA, so that the Indian expats will clamor for the tickets. Even the India vs USA, India vs Canada games will get huge interest because people will want to see the likes of Bumrah, Jadeja, Gill, Jaiswal, Rohit (maybe?), Kohli (maybe?) close up.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh, you are massively underestimating the South Asian expats here in USA. This is a World Cup and that too a T20 World Cup which is perfect for USA folks who like their games short and sweet... The massive success of the MLC (Major League Cricket) last year has gained all the attention and this ICC tournament will get even bigger hype.

As @ShamiLoverGlipGlops explains above, ICC is definitely going to make money out of these USA games. They have also very strategically placed all of India's league games in USA, so that the Indian expats will clamor for the tickets. Even the India vs USA, India vs Canada games will get huge interest because people will want to see the likes of Bumrah, Jadeja, Gill, Jaiswal, Rohit (maybe?), Kohli (maybe?) close up.

There is no maybe about it, Rohit and Kohli will play in this WC barring injury or personal reasons.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If India and Australia complete the triple (being finalists in Test, ODI +T20), India would probably end up setting a record. Assuming of course that we lose the final)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
If India and Australia complete the triple (being finalists in Test, ODI +T20), India would probably end up setting a record. Assuming of course that we lose the final)
That is the script so far.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Lot of people I know, are now straying away from the game in India. The expectations of winning CWC23 were pretty high and that ended in an anti-climatic fashion for all. Most of the cricket loving public I know of, are now like- yeah its just another World Cup, same old script/ Players more interested in IPL etc.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Lot of people I know, are now straying away from the game in India. The expectations of winning CWC23 were pretty high and that ended in an anti-climatic fashion for all. Most of the cricket loving public I know of, are now like- yeah its just another World Cup, same old script/ Players more interested in IPL etc.
Isnt that the truth though? This also includes one of the two biggest name in Cricket Rohit Sharma. He has lost his motivation and it can be seen. I would not blame the public. A team with this calibre failing again and again is going to put people off. Just for ICC and international cricket's stake, lets just say India winning the WC is more important. If India keeps failing, its going to put the eyeballs off.

For BCCI they dont care as its a win win situation for them. If they lose International fan, IPL is always there to mint them money.

This is also the reason ICC should think into jumping into franchise cricket bandwagon by introducing Champions League and being the gatekeeper. This will make ICC money and that money could be used to pump into other nations so that India's contribution eventually diminishes with say USA or China getting into it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Oh btw, I was not able to secure the tickets (Expected). So will be saving $350 and watching this 70 miles away from the stadium on the comfort of my couch and 86 inch tv.
Post automatically merged:

Too many World Cups make them feel less important. They aren't as special when it's the third in four years.

Wouldn't mind if the T20 World Cup was more of a league, played over 12 months, with a final tournament.
This too is the reason. An ICC event every year is too much. ODI,T20, WTC, Champions Trophy, T20, ODI and cycle repeating is sickening. Like last year we got WTC and ODI world cup. Defeats the purpose.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Oh btw, I was not able to secure the tickets (Expected). So will be saving $350 and watching this 70 miles away from the stadium on the comfort of my couch and 86 inch tv.
I tried getting tickets in 2019, so did my friend. Think we applied for at least 10 matches (not all England). Didn't get any.
This too is the reason. An ICC event every year is too much. ODI,T20, WTC, Champions Trophy, T20, ODI and cycle repeating is sickening. Like last year we got WTC and ODI world cup. Defeats the purpose.
Got two T20 World Cups this year because of the women's as well. Would make much more sense to have them alternate. Although it seems they will be happening the same year going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread