AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I applied for tickets for all the matches in New York. Didn't get any
Welcome to the club. I however got an email saying I have been granted special access to pre-sale. I am currently in waiting room, lets see.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So India Pakistan is sold out except the $400 ticket. India Ireland and India USA is available but you can only purchase 1 ticket lol! What will I do with 1 ticket? Go alone? Maddening stuff!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
So India Pakistan is sold out except the $400 ticket. India Ireland and India USA is available but you can only purchase 1 ticket lol! What will I do with 1 ticket? Go alone? Maddening stuff!
This is what they did in CWC23. You couldn't buy more than 2 tickets online+ had to get them delivered to a particular address (that too 5 days prior to the game day)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If you've watched them since the 1990s (CWC 92, CWC96, CWC99), you'd often wonder -How on earth did they not win 3 consecutive World Cups (+CWC15 & CWC23)

Now, to your question - the easy answer is YES. A lot though depends upon selection, who plays, who is captain and their strategy. They could have done it in CWC23, but fell short. That semi-final was an exciting game, but it just didn't go their way.

I liken them to the current generation of Indians, who seem to dominate but fall short at the final level.

My final cents on this-the easiest way for SA to win a World Cup would be to play India in the finals- they are guaranteed to win, even if they get bowled out for less 100!

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
2027 is their best chance in a long time. They’ll be the hosts and we’ve seen the host nations be finalists in every WC since 2011 (praise India for breaking the streak of hosts winning it). They’ve steadily rebuilt their side and have a few exciting talents coming through like Maphaka and Luhaan should they need a wildcard. The tricky part will be assessing who should be a part of their team and who should be phased out; like a lot of teams at the moment who have benefitted from the increased standards of fitness and sports science… they have an older core of players who are still performing well (at the cost of integrating new talent) but you have to question if they’ll perform at the same level three years later. The SA20 could be a useful bridge/learning experience to expose younger talent to a higher standard of play than domestic games which will help.

The real issue will always be their capability to deal with pressure. I’d expect others to also hold them to expectations of a final appearance with the recent history of hosts performing well and that would be a first for this nation which adds extra pressure.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The other thing being that a lot of international stars are making headway in T20 leagues. If SA can somehow stop their core from becoming T20 peddlers, they might turn at in 2027 as one of the best balanced sides.

Remember, SA in home conditions have always been tough to beat. Forget the odd year or two, but they otherwise do have a pretty stellar record.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
If they manage their stuff well, which has been an issue of late, them and India are the top 2 teams of the next 10 years for me (of course, unless Australia finds batting, in which case they're in there and not a close third).

1. Dewald Brevis/Tony de Zorzi
2. Matthew Breetzke
3. Tristan Stubbs
4. David Bedingham
5. Jordan Hermann
6. Kyle Verreynne/Ryan Rickelton
7. Marco Jansen
8. Gerald Coetzee
9. insert spinner here
10. Anrich Nortje
11. Kagiso Rabada

Yeah that doesn't sound fun

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If they manage their stuff well, which has been an issue of late, them and India are the top 2 teams of the next 10 years for me (of course, unless Australia finds batting, in which case they're in there and not a close third).

1. Dewald Brevis/Tony de Zorzi
2. Matthew Breetzke
3. Tristan Stubbs
4. David Bedingham
5. Jordan Hermann
6. Kyle Verreynne/Ryan Rickelton
7. Marco Jansen
8. Gerald Coetzee
9. insert spinner here
10. Anrich Nortje
11. Kagiso Rabada

Yeah that doesn't sound fun

Had no idea that Bedingham was this good at List A cricket.

It’s pretty wild that I could throw out a XI without any of the first choice names in here that could still be around in 2027 and they would also be one of the favourites to finish in the top four.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Had no idea that Bedingham was this good at List A cricket.

It’s pretty wild that I could throw out a XI without any of the first choice names in here that could still be around in 2027 and they would also be one of the favourites to finish in the top four.
that was a Test XI lol, one from which I've probably forgotten a batsman or two

Users who are viewing this thread