Twenty20 commentary and telecast quality discussion thread

coolyad

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would have liked Sidhu in the box. His one liners (sidhuisms) are more suited to twenty20. Creates electric atmosphere. You either love him or hate him. Think he is busy in politics. From the current commentators. harsha is very boring and so is aamir sohail.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Fav Commies- shastri and harsha.
Lets hope commentry doesn't have to be annoying this WC. (KEEP ARUN LAL OUT PLZ).

irottev

School Cricketer
Collingwood actually said the nurdle off the pad. Made me chuckle a bit.

Anyway did anyone hear Chappell vs Nasser when they were talking about Australia and England. Hillarious stuff. Nasser started it, I actually find Chappell to be unbiased however Nasser does reak of bias at times.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chappell can be biased at times - but he has a lot of right things to say, so when it seems like he is being biased it is normally the truth.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Btw,where is Mr.Gautam Bhimani ?
He is fantastic.The ppl in India would know about him.

The major difference you find between this WC and the one in 2007 is that the boring ppl like Manjrekar,Sivaramkrishna and Arun Lal are missing.This is great.

rabbie

School Cricketer
Bumble is god. I think though the general mix is good - good to hear some fresh vioces and a genuine international mix.
And the dancers are hot - but seem to be there to make up for the lack of spectators at some matches.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Am I the only one watching GEO TV here? :D
Pakistani channel, with Urdu commentary.
A little funny sometimes, but they have improved a lot since last years T20 Domestic cup which they also showed. But quoting from them (translation).
He has hit that very good and that is a six... NOT! Runs 3 runs on that ball :)
Another one; And he has hit that one hard and it has gone for four runs... NOT! The fielder fields comforatbly, and 2 more runs added to the score! :)
Moin Khan is also commentator there.
Do you want list of them also? :p

Insomniac

Title Recipient
The woman commentator for Geo is much better than the one for the English.

Although the commentary is like this:

Butt peecha pagargya! (Butt is/got caught behind)

Butt bagtava pagargya! (Butt while running has his wicket taken)

Butt nai oocha shot mara hai aur pagargya (Butt tried to hit a big shot, and has been caught)

Anymore anakwalajinn? There's so many more lol, these commentators are what I call unprofessional, but its very entertaining to listen to them

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If you like I can add other language commentators to the list if you let me know who they are.

Also one thing about the ESPN Scoreboard - it doesn't update at all, sometimes for a whole over and it's annoying...

playkid12

Club Captain
I would have liked Sidhu in the box. His one liners (sidhuisms) are more suited to twenty20. Creates electric atmosphere. You either love him or hate him. Think he is busy in politics. From the current commentators. harsha is very boring and so is aamir sohail.

I think Siddhu's one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. His siddhusm's are retarded. I thought he quit after that whole manslaughter thing came up in court in India (a long time ago, he got in a car accident with someone, got out of the car, and beat the person he got in a crash with to death). I heard that case opened up again and I haven't heard of Siddhu since.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I think Siddhu's one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. His siddhusm's are retarded. I thought he quit after that whole manslaughter thing came up in court in India (a long time ago, he got in a car accident with someone, got out of the car, and beat the person he got in a crash with to death). I heard that case opened up again and I haven't heard of Siddhu since.

I think Sidhu has been acquitted in that case. Otherwise he wouldn't be roaming around free now. He still gives interviews for News channels and appears on Cricket chat shows and is an active politician today.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yes NS Sidhu is being groomed to be the Chief Minister of Punjab.

Well,in yesterday's match,i also heard Ranjit Fernando.Wonder how many surprises are lined up now ?

Wasim Akram,well sadly he is ill at the moment,else he'd have been in that list of commentators.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
(Regretfully), I added Ranjit Fernando to the list. I think I can stand Ranil Abeynayake but not Ranjit Fernando. He keeps crowing about Sri Lanka's greatness all the time. :p

playkid12

Club Captain

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India

Users who are viewing this thread