custom logo database is full HELP!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I don't think splitting the install across different drives will work. As far as I am aware, it'd be all or nothing.

I do agree however that 16-17KB of storage per logo is tiny. There should'nt be too much impact increasing the custom logo limit. Hell increase it 100 times and we'll still only be talking a few dozen megabytes.
According to the interwebs, the games can be installed on the external, but all saved games etc will still be saved on the internal harddrive ;)

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I don't think splitting the install across different drives will work. As far as I am aware, it'd be all or nothing.

I do agree however that 16-17KB of storage per logo is tiny. There should'nt be too much impact increasing the custom logo limit. Hell increase it 100 times and we'll still only be talking a few dozen megabytes.

I`m guessing that its probably got more to do with memory issues than actuall Harddrive Space .

If not , it does not make sense having the limit so small.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Interestingly, another post on here has a PS4 Pro user saying custom stadiums rarely lag and it's much easier to bat on the PS4 Pro... I found this sentence from a comparison of PS4 Pro vs PS4 "The Pro also has an additional 1GB of DDR3 RAM, which will be used for non-gaming apps to free up the faster GDDR5 RAM for gaming performance."

Perhaps this extra 1GB of RAM is the difference... Considering people with a lot of custom logos also have experienced less than optimum game play, I begin to think it's all to do with the RAM and that the game is RAM intensive and/or has some kind of memory leak in the coding that they can't find. As a result, they have had to limit the number of logos to try and mitigate the RAM issue until they can patch it up...

Considering too that the Xbox One and One S have the same 8GB of DDR 3, there would be no difference in stability and game play across the 2 versions as there is with PS4... On that note, maybe some/all of the testing was done on PS4 Pro and the deficiency was never picked up?

Thoughts?

For reference:
PS4 Slim vs. PS4 Pro vs. Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Size, weight, specs, and more - CNET

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Interestingly, another post on here has a PS4 Pro user saying custom stadiums rarely lag and it's much easier to bat on the PS4 Pro... I found this sentence from a comparison of PS4 Pro vs PS4 "The Pro also has an additional 1GB of DDR3 RAM, which will be used for non-gaming apps to free up the faster GDDR5 RAM for gaming performance."

Perhaps this extra 1GB of RAM is the difference... Considering people with a lot of custom logos also have experienced less than optimum game play, I begin to think it's all to do with the RAM and that the game is RAM intensive and/or has some kind of memory leak in the coding that they can't find. As a result, they have had to limit the number of logos to try and mitigate the RAM issue until they can patch it up...

Considering too that the Xbox One and One S have the same 8GB of DDR 3, there would be no difference in stability and game play across the 2 versions as there is with PS4... On that note, maybe some/all of the testing was done on PS4 Pro and the deficiency was never picked up?

Thoughts?

For reference:
PS4 Slim vs. PS4 Pro vs. Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Size, weight, specs, and more - CNET

I doubt that the extra RAM is significant in its effect when it comes to custom logos. The maximum file size for each logo is 16KB so in reality we'd be talking in the region of a few megabytes total for all of the custom logos installed on the entire system, let alone the ones committed to RAM used for just that match. Unless the system is already at its memory limits (doubtful), then this will not have any real effect.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I doubt that the extra RAM is significant in its effect when it comes to custom logos. The maximum file size for each logo is 16KB so in reality we'd be talking in the region of a few megabytes total for all of the custom logos installed on the entire system, let alone the ones committed to RAM used for just that match. Unless the system is already at its memory limits (doubtful), then this will not have any real effect.
I agree it sounds odd, and custom logos should not take up that much RAM, but it seems that performance is inversely correlated to the number of custom logos downloaded except on PS4 Pro

A lot of Xbox and PS4 users report deterioration in gameplay after doing a Get Best and/or downloading different teams, uniforms, etc etc. Not just stuttering and poor performance, but the physics and scripting of the game go out the window as well. It seems to be a console only issue (may be wrong) and the PS4 Pro, from very small amount of feedback I've read, doesn't suffer from this issue.

It may not be the RAM as you said, but it cant be a coincidence can it?

Ramz

International Coach
I had the same problem I was playing DBC earlier and when I went into team manager all the logos were deleted and stadiums all gone, no idea how this has happened as it was working fine before didnt download anything from Academy! So when I am trying to download the teams again and assign the stadium i get the database is full!!

Arghya Chowdhury

School Cricketer
A simpler way for steam users is by bringing up the cloud sync conflict. Follow the steps below:

1. Start Steam.

2. Disable Steam Cloud.

3. Delete all files in Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.

4. Start the game to create fresh (and thus different) new files.

5. Exit the game and Steam.

6. Delete remotecache.vdf inSteam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.

7. Start Steam.

8. Enable Steam Cloud and "Sync conflict" should appear in your game status. Note that this method may not affect all the files (and you need to modify all of them if you want to delete all of them later).
Once you have "Sync conflict", start your game and the Cloud Sync Conflictdialog should appear.

II. Deleting the Cloud files
Ok now it's piece of cake. Once the dialog is opened, don't click on any option.

1. Go to Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppIDand delete ALL the files in it, remote folder and remotecache.vdf.

2. Go back to the Cloud Sync Conflict dialog and click on "Upload to the Steam Cloud". Steam will sync your AppID folder with nothing in it... meaning that all the files on the Cloud will be deleted! You don't believe me? Wait for it, the demonstration is right after

3. Then the game should start automatically. But... it will create new files that will be synced when I'll leave the game!! Indeed it will, except if you...

4. Alt-tab the game and disable Steam Cloud.

5. Return to the game and exit it (or kill it through process manager). No files will be synced up!

6. Exit Steam.

7. Delete the AppID folder.

Users who are viewing this thread