Is DBC17 worth getting for Xbov One?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is it worth me getting a used DBC17 game.....or should I continue playing Ashes Cricket. Was DBC17 a better gaming experience compared to the 14 version?

Dbc17 has good elements, plenty of glaring faults and no chance of any further support.

Ashes has good elements, plenty of glaring faults and at least some ongoing support.

Not a hard choice

C

Chris Swift

I like blocker :D but I have to disagree on this one.i personally think 17 is a better game, especially the batting side.
Yes ashes will probably get more patches, but who knows if the batting will get fixed.
Because at the moment it feels more like barbie plays ashes cricket.so I would say if you can get 17 on offer, get it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I like blocker :D but I have to disagree on this one.i personally think 17 is a better game, especially the batting side.
Yes ashes will probably get more patches, but who knows if the batting will get fixed.
Because at the moment it feels more like barbie plays ashes cricket.so I would say if you can get 17 on offer, get it.

I guess if you're only after batting then sure 17 is better (unless or until they resolve it via patching). But i like to play full matches and for me the lack of bowled and lbw in 17 on higher levels is a game breaking fault.

Same when batting against the 4th innings AI in first class/tests.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I think that I'll have to have a punt on 17. It would just gnaw away at me and I would have that "what if" thought of when you put off and don't take a chance on something.
The batting system on 14 was the part that I couldn't get on with. Actually it was my inability to read what type and length of delivery being bowled to me quickly enough to play the correct batting stroke ...ending up in playing lots of predetermined batting shots.
However, I gather the bowling in 17 is "easier" to read and bat to. This improvement alone would be a positive game changer for me.

C

Chris Swift

I think that I'll have to have a punt on 17. It would just gnaw away at me and I would have that "what if" thought of when you put off and don't take a chance on something.
The batting system on 14 was the part that I couldn't get on with. Actually it was my inability to read what type and length of delivery being bowled to me quickly enough...adding up in playing lots of predetermined batting shots.
However, I gather the bowling in 17 is "easier" to read and bat to. This improvement alone would be a positive game changer for me.

Good luck with it man, hope you enjoy it.
I'm having a lot of fun with it at the moment, while I'm waiting for ashes to be patched.

Users who are viewing this thread