Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good to see you happy. At least now we're supporting the same team. Is it possible for superman to dawn the yellow of CSK and play for them? I think my heart would explode with happiness.

On a much more serious note- Getting a bit tired or rather I am done with going back dejected every major event. I don't see AB winning a trophy ever!

The problem is - RCB will never let him go unless RCB owners decide to exit the IPL altogether. I too wish ABD can move over to yellow colors and boost an already powerful yet stable batting lineup.

To be honest - ABD deserves a better franchise to play in the IPL. Maybe the same with Virat also. If he does not captain and can play as a pure batsman, he deserves a different IPL team too.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
How to calculate NRR?

Here is the table

upload_2018-5-19_15-40-58.png

If you see the "For" and "Against" columns, the "For" column adds the runs that a team scores in the first part (i.e. the number that shows before the '/') and the number of overs they faced in the second part (i.e. the number that shows after the '/'). For the "Against" column, the first part shows the number of runs the team concedes to the opposition and the second part of the no of overs taken by the opposition to score those runs.

NRR is basically "FOR - AGAINST". For e.g. CSK has a FOR of 2329/256.2 which is 9.09. CSK has an AGAINST of 2280/257.1 which is 8.87. If you do FOR - AGAINST, its 9.09 - 8.87, which is 0.22. And that's what shows in the "NRR" column.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
SRH's captaincy seems to have a magical effect on players. For the past 5 seasons SRH's captain (be it Warner or unexpectedly Williamson) has been in the top 5 run-scorers. That's an amazing run. But their middle order seems a bit weak and short on momentum, maybe it's time for one of Kane/Hales to experiment with coming at number 4. Shakib is playing too low as well. But more worryingly, their bowling seems to veering off track. This is not the right moment to lose form.

The problem is - RCB will never let him go unless RCB owners decide to exit the IPL altogether. I too wish ABD can move over to yellow colors and boost an already powerful yet stable batting lineup.

To be honest - ABD deserves a better franchise to play in the IPL. Maybe the same with Virat also. If he does not captain and can play as a pure batsman, he deserves a different IPL team too.

Can't players request to be released? I can definitely see ABD and Kohli doing it sometime soon.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

RCB's plight is down to Kohli himself. His IPL record is testament to the fact that he's the worst captain of the lot. It's not like the franchise is bad. It's the captain and management. It would take a lot of convincing for me to prove that KKR had a better team than any of the other teams in the bottom half.

It's not a coincidence that CSK, MI, KKR and Hyderabad who are all double/triple champions have again made it through.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
RCB's plight is down to Kohli himself. His IPL record is testament to the fact that he's the worst captain of the lot. It's not like the franchise is bad. It's the captain and management. It would take a lot of convincing for me to prove that KKR had a better team than any of the other teams in the bottom half.

It's not a coincidence that CSK, MI, KKR and Hyderabad who are all double/triple champions have again made it through.

People like @zwarrior and me had our best possible combinations nailed down before the IPL or 1 or 2 games in. The great Kohli took 10. Did you see his intensity when Chahal was batting? He was giggling as if RCB are top of the table and just playing a dead rubber. On the other hand Dhoni has shown what intensity is. You don't need to go about abusing people to show that stuff. You know when Dhoni is hurt after a loss.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
How's the blood pressure @AliB? Hopefully, MI make it through for the sake of the tournament but in a super tight contest.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How's the blood pressure @AliB? Hopefully, MI make it through for the sake of the tournament but in a super tight contest.
After the first innings and Rohit's injury, highly unlike we're making it. :(

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
After the first innings and Rohit's injury, highly unlike we're making it. :(

Call me insane but I thought he was faking it because he dropped two in a row. How overrated is Rohit? I've not seen a bloke who's worse in a run chase in a big match situation. In fact, I hardly recall an innings he's played in a big match situation.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hardik and Rohit are both overrated garbage. 9 runs an over and they both play terrible shots and get out. Mumbai never deserved to be in the play offs.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Mumbai have played poorly, but Cutting is still there and he can still do it for them if he farms the strike from Markande and launches into the seamers. Its much easier to face the seamers than the spinners.

Delhi on the other hand, make you tear your hair out. If they had played like this maybe 2 or 3 games before they got knocked out, it still could've been a very different season for them. Sandeep and Mishra have looked absolutely brilliant. Mishra didn't get enough games to do his trick.[DOUBLEPOST=1526825879][/DOUBLEPOST]Rubbish.... Rubbish... Rubbish.... Shreyas Iyer!!!! WHAT THE HELL? Why in the world would you give it Plunkett when Harshal (MoM against CSK in the last game) has 2 overs in his kitty?

This is gone!! Mumbai get their jailbreak

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Done and dusted! Makes KXIP hang on to their breaths. The defending champions are out.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Gayle wants some points for his team for the Fair Play award , rather win out a match . :p
More probably , RR will be through now .

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Done and dusted! Makes KXIP hang on to their breaths. The defending champions are out.
It is going to be tough to beat CSK by 53 plus runs tbh. RR deserve to be in top given how they have played recently. Punjab look helpless minus Rahul.

Users who are viewing this thread