Career Mode Talk

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
lol yeah thanks mate I've been reading this forum since release and hearing the frustrations. But yeah its way more difficult this time round esp the spin bowlers (I got bowled twice by a leggie and I screamed BS...until i checked his stats and it said his best ball was the slider - doh!!!).

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Bat well, become captain and then promote yourself.

Managed to do this last night, towards the end of season 2. I now open the batting and bowling... managed to give good platform when setting a score and tie up one end when opening the bowling.
I've managed to be able to change my line up and discovered far better club players are available than just the ones the AI captain selects which has balanced my side and my batting order. It's also good to be able to tweak the field depending on the match, for all bowlers and not just for when it's your turn to bowl.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Managed to do this last night, towards the end of season 2. I now open the batting and bowling... managed to give good platform when setting a score and tie up one end when opening the bowling.
I've managed to be able to change my line up and discovered far better club players are available than just the ones the AI captain selects which has balanced my side and my batting order. It's also good to be able to tweak the field depending on the match, for all bowlers and not just for when it's your turn to bowl.

I’ve just started a career mode and set up a custom team to use , when I go into the team details the uniforms and home ground are the same but the players are random ones not in my original custom team , anyone know how to get round this or is it just the way it works ?
Also assume there is no way to copy a player from the academy to use as rookie career player?

Niloy Mahmood

School Cricketer
Been playing career mode for a couple seasons now, got selected for the domestic odi competition. So one level up from club cricket but after my first match I am not being selected for the domestic team or the club team, the game just keeps simulating pasts months and months. Anyone facing this issue and has a solution?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Been playing career mode for a couple seasons now, got selected for the domestic odi competition. So one level up from club cricket but after my first match I am not being selected for the domestic team or the club team, the game just keeps simulating pasts months and months. Anyone facing this issue and has a solution?
Post it in 6 more threads that should work great...

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I’ve just started a career mode and set up a custom team to use , when I go into the team details the uniforms and home ground are the same but the players are random ones not in my original custom team , anyone know how to get round this or is it just the way it works ?
Also assume there is no way to copy a player from the academy to use as rookie career player?

I would assume downloading latest teams would overwrite what you already have - even if they're already being used in a save game but I'm sure someone will clarify. Also as far as I'm aware any players you make in the academy go down as "star players" in career mode, which is a bit annoying but I just made a new player all over again in career.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is it me or it's really hard to improve Fielding skills, the batting and bowling skills are going up after playing well but fielding just stays the same.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
ok update on my career - i deleted the first one and restarted a new one (I'm looking long term at making the Aust one day and test teams...and I don't want to break up the Finch/Warner opening pair. Our weakish link is unfortunately Khawaja even though he's a class player so I'm gunning for his spot! lol).

anyway, first game i scored a pair of half centuries then did ok for the 20 and 50 over matches (actual T20 i came in at No 4 with 2 runs to win!! we scored 150 odd which was excellent). My real good surprise came with the 3 day match. I came in at 2 for 54 and scored 145* to take our tally over 230. The AWESOME thing was that I spent so long with the tail who actually did their job ie. the bowlers ended up getting something like 5 runs off 70 balls faced! the great thing about this is they just blocked and blocked to allow me to do all the scoring. Never seen that before. In prev iterations it would be the No 10/11 who would be outscoring me lol. Got a message from my 'agent' that my performance was being talked about at state level. Nice.

After spending a good deal of time batting i can say scoring is much harder, however when i was close to a century, i started getting all greens for timings, etc and my stamina bar was dropping.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Wouldn't mind knowing when we will see/if they are even in the career mode, the lucrative sponsorship deals or headlines as the description about career mode states.

Thoughts @MattW?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there a way to play WC as a player (career player or star player) in Cricket 19? I remember somebody doing a series on YouTube as a created player.
If so let me know, I can’t see that option. I can see only Playing whole tournament (all the games) or as a Team.

Note: I haven’t created any career mode player yet, may be is it because of that am not able to see that option?

Set Up Shop

Banned
Anyone else finding that once you get selected for first class you never play any fixtures for your club anymore? I got selected for WA but not the T20 challenge. So while that was on for two months I played no cricket, despite my club Bayswater playing a heap of matches.

State cricketers go back to club level quite regularly in real life. Certainly if they have no state duties.

Syed Ali Gaming

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Anyone else finding that once you get selected for first class you never play any fixtures for your club anymore? I got selected for WA but not the T20 challenge. So while that was on for two months I played no cricket, despite my club Bayswater playing a heap of matches.

State cricketers go back to club level quite regularly in real life. Certainly if they have no state duties.

Haven't experienced it yet but will keep an eye out. Should be making my 1st clast debut fairly soon. I've just been given captaincy at the start of season 2 and my selection status is at "getting attention" so fingers crossed not too long now!

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I've just been given captaincy at the start of season 2 and my selection status is at "getting attention" so fingers crossed not too long now!

Has the advantage of promoting up the batting order in one day games and showcasing yourself, and putting yourself in the mix as a bowler to get noticed too. It's a nice touch!

Users who are viewing this thread