MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Real names would be a good start, kits too; although I don't know how complex that gets and if it involves needing approval from third parties like sponsors and kit manufacturers. Honestly can't see how the time and money (more so the time) to add in minimum 200 players and 13 stadiums from county cricket would add enough value to the game to be a worthwhile investment. Sure it'd be great, but would sales be boosted by it? Are that many people not buying it because that stuff isn't in the game? It's not a FIFA v PES situation. Maybe the ECB will be giving away a license to The Hundred like they're giving away tickets though which would be a nice expansion in terms of players and stadiums.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Australia back in 2017 put all their sponsors under the Cricket Australia umbrella, which is why we got Australia and shield cricket in Cricket 19, just much easier and cheaper than going to literally every sponsor for every bit of equipment, ad boards etc. I don't know how the ECB do things though.

Reactions: DAP

russf

Club Cricketer
I've always considered myself a bit of an old school crickey fan (he says whilst watching and enjoying the T20 between RSA & ENG!) and its really amazing that Cricket 19 still has me hooked playing test cricket, far longer than any of the other versions, it certainly helps that I have been able to tweak run rates and wicket chances to really feel like I'm playing a test...

The one aspect I havent quite gotten right is - how to make my fast bowling feel fast, hostile and dangerous, when facing quick bowling it feels quick and I feel I genuinly play and miss. When it swings or spins my bowlers feel threatening, but I have yet to make it feel like my pace bowling is hostile to the AI. Ramping up the pace stats of Archer and co means they go through at consistantly 94-96mph (which is maybe a bit high for my sense of realism) but the batsman seem to play it with no more fear or concern as a 85mph ball. It doesnt help that when you do hit a batsman they react a bit like superman vs a bullet, I cant remember which old game a hit floored a batsman, but it was an awesome animation.

It may not be something that the game can do, which if so then certainly one for the next version, but if anyone has been able to do it, I would love to know to complete my experience.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've always considered myself a bit of an old school crickey fan (he says whilst watching and enjoying the T20 between RSA & ENG!) and its really amazing that Cricket 19 still has me hooked playing test cricket, far longer than any of the other versions, it certainly helps that I have been able to tweak run rates and wicket chances to really feel like I'm playing a test...

The one aspect I havent quite gotten right is - how to make my fast bowling feel fast, hostile and dangerous, when facing quick bowling it feels quick and I feel I genuinly play and miss. When it swings or spins my bowlers feel threatening, but I have yet to make it feel like my pace bowling is hostile to the AI. Ramping up the pace stats of Archer and co means they go through at consistantly 94-96mph (which is maybe a bit high for my sense of realism) but the batsman seem to play it with no more fear or concern as a 85mph ball. It doesnt help that when you do hit a batsman they react a bit like superman vs a bullet, I cant remember which old game a hit floored a batsman, but it was an awesome animation.

It may not be something that the game can do, which if so then certainly one for the next version, but if anyone has been able to do it, I would love to know to complete my experience.
The problem I find is the higher you go with pace and bounce the increased chances for byes and wides past the keeper But the AI players don't particularly respond much differently in my experience.

Animation wise I think the game can't currently convey the more extreme ends of the scale of aggression and defence. Defensively the AI doesn't really look shaken - either in animation, cut scene or approach. Likewise, I was watching the T20 too and thinking about some of the shots - there was one high paddle and miss from Buttler where he ended up at silly mid off - which is the other end of the aggression or creativity that you see in modern batting.

With the exception of fielding (which might just appear worse because of other improvements) I think the game functions very well in a narrow field of experience. When things become more specific the repetition, limitations or flaws begins to appear.

russf

Club Cricketer
The problem I find is the higher you go with pace and bounce the increased chances for byes and wides past the keeper But the AI players don't particularly respond much differently in my experience.

Animation wise I think the game can't currently convey the more extreme ends of the scale of aggression and defence. Defensively the AI doesn't really look shaken - either in animation, cut scene or approach. Likewise, I was watching the T20 too and thinking about some of the shots - there was one high paddle and miss from Buttler where he ended up at silly mid off - which is the other end of the aggression or creativity that you see in modern batting.

With the exception of fielding (which might just appear worse because of other improvements) I think the game functions very well in a narrow field of experience. When things become more specific the repetition, limitations or flaws begins to appear.

Thank you, I certainly agree, hard bouncy fast pitches tend to just add up the wide/bye rate & whilst certainly improved the 'keeper struggles when it comes to diving to deliveries that go across him from left to right. But if anyone knows of any small changes that can help I would love to hear.

It's nice to be in a position to think of small aspects to improve the game now that the core gameplay is in. For example I would love to see Big Ant look at how they can make things a bit more dynamic, for example, as you say, those shots from Buttler or deliveries that explode off the pitch or out of no where scuttle. Its these moments of magic that take it to the next level, but I fully appreciate are probably also the hardest to make happen and feel natural.

btw - thank you for your academy creations, they really do transform the game!

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Starting to get a bit bored of batting. It's far too easy even on the highest settings. Even in red ball cricket I'm going at 100 S/R at worst and sometimes more like 200. The grounded aggressive shot is way too easy to score virtually risk free and the lack of leg side fielders make it simple to hit boundary after boundary there.

Probably 30% of my runs are over throws too that go for 4. If they could sort that out and add a bit more variety to the modes of AI dismissals this would be practically flawless.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Quick question: So I'm creating a bunch of Middlesex player faces, just wondering in terms of sharing them, how do I get my players to replace the current one's I have downloaded (wasteyouryouth's team I think)? I think I'm wording it poorly sorry. Its more for career mode, as I want the faces to appear in that as well, instead of starting again.

Would I need to assign my created players to Middlesex in this case, and then upload and would it then replace the already downloaded players without a play face?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Quick question: So I'm creating a bunch of Middlesex player faces, just wondering in terms of sharing them, how do I get my players to replace the current one's I have downloaded (wasteyouryouth's team I think)? I think I'm wording it poorly sorry. Its more for career mode, as I want the faces to appear in that as well, instead of starting again.

Would I need to assign my created players to Middlesex in this case, and then upload and would it then replace the already downloaded players without a play face?

They'd need to be linked to the players already in the Middlesex squad otherwise they would download as new players rather than replacing the existing ones

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
They'd need to be linked to the players already in the Middlesex squad otherwise they would download as new players rather than replacing the existing ones

I see, hmm, how do I go about that?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Did you add playfaces to the existing players, or did you create new players outright?

Sorry about the delay, was late (Australia) and went to bed.

I did create new players outright. Have I screwed myself over?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
No you should still be able to link them I believe. Let me check how and I'll let you know
Cheers mate, really appreciate it. First time I've really done something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread