Draft: Best of the Rest in ODIs - The 2000s

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
You won't find many high quality Zimbabweans, so I'll immediately snag the big fish. :zim: Andy Flower was his country's highest run scorer of the decade despite only playing 4 years.

Hope this turns out to be a smart first pick.
Brilliant pick this. The best Zimbabwean on offer and the wk slot sorted.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Apologies for the delayed pick, had very little time yesterday.

Onto my pick - how could I not choose :aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting.

One could certainly make the case for Sachin Tendulkar having been the best batter in the noughties, but aside from Ricky Ponting having scored more runs than him during this period (even if he played 28 more innings comparatively), he also scored runs at a near-identical average and near-identical strike rate. He scored two more hundreds and seven more fifties than Tendulkar.

But more importantly, he led Australia to back-to-back World Cup triumphs in 2003 and 2007. During which, Australia went completely unbeaten. He is most certainly the best option available for the role of captain, and the coveted No. 3 position.

NMA '00s XI

03. :aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting :c:

You're up @liveinasociety

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Rahul Dravid 7k runs at the average of 40. Winner of champions trophy 2002 & runner of WC 2003. He also kept wickets for almost 100 matches until 2005, thus he can be also used as proper wicket keeper & terrific slip fielder.
@Verified Enigma

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Since my first choice pick of Andy Flower was taken very very early as the first pick of this draft by @pillowprocter , I will be picking his fellow teammate :zim: :ar: Heath Streak

PlayerSpanMatRunsHSBat Av100Wkts Descending BBIBowl Av5CtStAve Diff
HH Streak2000-2005106201079*32.9501374/829.6802803.26

images

Undoubtedly the best bowler in the Zimbabwean side ever and on top of that he can bat well in crunch situations. I am amazed that he wasn't already picked given the nature of this draft.

Enigma's Best of the Rest:
  1. :zim: :ar: Heath Streak
Over to @ddrap14

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Bruh.

Well, I'll get rid of my Zimbabwean too with the obvious remaining pick. While Neil Johnson's career year was 1999, he did play a few ODIs in 200 before he signed a Kolpak deal in England. He'll bat 3 and bowl for me, an ideal versatile cricketer.
1677364451218.png

3. :zim: :ar: Neil Johnson

@ahmedleo414 @CerealKiller

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
We'll go with AB de Villiers, and the leading wicket taker of the 2000s, Murali.
@ddrap14
Shakib, because there's A) another great allrounder and B) the minorities section is finally complete. As much as it makes me sound like I'm a corporation trying to hire someone who isn't a young white guy, it's the smart way to play this draft.

@Verified Enigma

Users who are viewing this thread