Cricket 24 - General Discussion

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’ve just downloaded India South Africa and Sri Lanka and currently doing the same just changing those 3 in skills, as well as Australia let’s see how we go. Only thing is it’s taking ages as when I go to player editor and put in India men’s team in filter nothing comes up so having to find the players one by one it’s a nightmare
Yeh it took me 7 hours to do the world cup teams, i went into the filter when you search for players and just made it mens international, which still brought up 900 players but i didnt have to do them all

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Not sure if this is a thing with the pitch degradation but i just played an ODI and in the first 30 overs i could hit the ball well with timing and then the next 20 overs i couldn't hit a nothing, if i went in the air it barely cleared the circle. Has anyone else experienced this too or is it just me cause i can't bat :)

Hester

County Cricketer
Not sure if this is a thing with the pitch degradation but i just played an ODI and in the first 30 overs i could hit the ball well with timing and then the next 20 overs i couldn't hit a nothing, if i went in the air it barely cleared the circle. Has anyone else experienced this too or is it just me cause i can't bat :)
Day 3 of a test match my timing starts to feel off. I suspected it was to do with pitch deg but the ai always do miles better in their 2nd innings than their first, so it probably isn't.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Day 3 of a test match my timing starts to feel off. I suspected it was to do with pitch deg but the ai always do miles better in their 2nd innings than their first, so it probably isn't.
you could be right as i start all my ODI's from day 3 because im playing in India. My match today i batted first with WI and now Eng are in and its 1-0 off first over Bairstow caught at 2nd slip straight to Holder, so maybe the pitch is doing something now. If it is then i will forget about all my frustrations about not being able to hit the ball and hope the AI finds it harder as the time goes on.

Hester

County Cricketer
The mechanic in the game (that's been there since Ashes Cricket) which makes the Ai score like crazy in the 2nd innings of a test match needs to be removed. The Ai are either having their stats massively boosted or wicket chance is being reduced drastically.
Having played c50 tests in C22 and maybe 10 in C24, I can say that it's worse in C24 than any of the other games.
So, I'm moving wicket chance to 80 in 2nd innings. If the game wants to cheat, so can I.
I'll never put a short leg in though.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
The mechanic in the game (that's been there since Ashes Cricket) which makes the Ai score like crazy in the 2nd innings of a test match needs to be removed. The Ai are either having their stats massively boosted or wicket chance is being reduced drastically.
Having played c50 tests in C22 and maybe 10 in C24, I can say that it's worse in C24 than any of the other games.
So, I'm moving wicket chance to 80 in 2nd innings. If the game wants to cheat, so can I.
I'll never put a short leg in though.
Only thing with wicket chance is I think the more you higher it I think the more stupid wickets you get, run outs and obviously scripted ones where the play the same shot 9 times until someone finally catches it

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I get all of them and haven't touched any sliders
Yeh so do I. I just meant more frequent which means more frustration, not sure if anyone else has tested or noticed but seen a few say higher striker timing and lower wicket chance results in better looking wickets. Again like most things in this game maybe just a guessing game to what actually does what

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah I am still getting at least 4 runouts per innings (it seemed better but since the patch to fix the PS4 framerate it is as bad as ever)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeh so do I. I just meant more frequent which means more frustration, not sure if anyone else has tested or noticed but seen a few say higher striker timing and lower wicket chance results in better looking wickets. Again like most things in this game maybe just a guessing game to what actually does what
From what I've read I get the same experiences as others and I've changed nothing

Hester

County Cricketer
Only thing with wicket chance is I think the more you higher it I think the more stupid wickets you get, run outs and obviously scripted ones where the play the same shot 9 times until someone finally catches it
I didn't get any run outs with 80 wicket chance but 8 catches by 1st slip. None from the WK!
I think 80 was a bit too much anyway...

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Australia hold on in Perth Classic!!

What a game!!

Genuinely started to panic...

The guys on comms were speculating whether the declaration came a little too late!!

View attachment 288734

View attachment 288736
Looks like a cracker! Not as close as the most recent game I had on C22 tho :grinning:

I see deskilling teams has been mentioned again, made me chuckle. Sun rise, sun set....

Users who are viewing this thread