Cricket 24 - General Discussion

jevans

School Cricketer
I've just, somehow, lost the captaincy in the Sheffield Shield.

I was messing with the lineup before a game and dropped myself to 12th man briefly while I swapped a few positions. Our wicketkeeper became captain while I did this. I can't get it back!

I can still set the lineups before matches, but can't declare, set batting orders mid-game or call the toss.

No amount of swapping positions in the lineup selection will give me captaincy back. How can I fix this?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've just, somehow, lost the captaincy in the Sheffield Shield.

I was messing with the lineup before a game and dropped myself to 12th man briefly while I swapped a few positions. Our wicketkeeper became captain while I did this. I can't get it back!

I can still set the lineups before matches, but can't declare, set batting orders mid-game or call the toss.

No amount of swapping positions in the lineup selection will give me captaincy back. How can I fix this?

Ah, the Malinga in 2012 WC experience.

cricboi

Club Captain
Picked up the game for the first time in a few months and started a test world championship with West Indies.
I think I'm going to have to tinker with the batting settings a bit more but the bowling has been really good and the game feels like it's doing more to encourage realistic bowling as opposed to just attacking the stumps constantly. At one point I had a beautiful 7-2 field and was just starving them with good length outswingers.
Spin is still a bit too overpowered, and unfortunately, it still feels like cheating to play with short leg/in close fielders but overall the test bowling as been very satisfying.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
it still feels like cheating to play with short leg/in close fielders but overall the test bowling as been very satisfying.
Not sure about this.
In Cricket 22, it was a problem, but in Cricket 24, there are very, very few instances of a batter getting out at short leg or silly point in my gameplay.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Missing reverse sweep from AI , Lacking of various type of Shots from AI in cricket 2024

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
There is no shot for Deep Third and third men from AI batsman to Human bowler, only edges go third man. Which lead to not to keep any fielder for third man and deep third man, As in reality it does not happens

1714449451018.png

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
Q: Anyone doing a women's career mode, I believe its not working, for me anyway, the international teams are stuck on 0 for all formats, I did one for Ireland, got to age 30 and was never picked, even though I was considered for all of the internationals, wondered if it would fix in an update, but my new career still says 0 international teams, early days only in my 2nd season, anyone have this issue?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
or reverse sweep on spinners, there should be some shots for these third man for AI. Can't buy Some features of cricket 19 in cricket 24 ....
Would definitely be good to see them sweep more. I think a problem might be it's a 'special shot' by classification. So, they are less likely to play that unless they start playing other more outlandish shots. Reality is, certainly in the last ten years, since the first BA game, the sweep is as common as any other shot for many players. Likewise the paddles and scoops are also more common, certainly in the short form of the game.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still not bought this. Worth a go now?
If you are planning to play on Arcade Controls, you should wait and see until the next patch because it is completely broken after the last one. Otherwise there is fun to be had.

I have stopped playing after the last patch because batting on Arcade right now is easier than EA Cricket 07

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Would definitely be good to see them sweep more. I think a problem might be it's a 'special shot' by classification. So, they are less likely to play that unless they start playing other more outlandish shots. Reality is, certainly in the last ten years, since the first BA game, the sweep is as common as any other shot for many players. Likewise the paddles and scoops are also more common, certainly in the short form of the game.
There have always been some batsmen who played it a lot, although never so many as now. Duncan Fletcher tried to get all his batsmen to play it and bollocked them if he thought they didn't play it enough.

Botham and Gatting pioneered the reverse sweep in English cricket in the early 80s and Botham in particular was a really brilliant exponent of the slog sweep. One of the best ever at that shot.

Imo it's where the batting AI could use a bit more shot repertoire specific to particular players.

There's a nice slog sweep off late Indian spin master Bishan Bedi here at 2.32 but I think this whole knock is worth watching, from a C24 pov, because it shows how the low pull shot is actually viable against pace for a really good puller under specific circumstances - a bowling attack that's not express / a playing surface that's not got a lot of bounce in it.

As it is currently in C24, any old batsman can launch pull shots from knee high no matter who is bowling and that's always going to seem a bit uncanny.

Users who are viewing this thread