Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Managed to rename all the uncontracted players. Only took about six hours.

main-qimg-13e56e82163fcf13ce8be597b784a86f

Wahldo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This game for all its faults serves up some genuine cricketing moments.

Playing a club game in career mode (nationally contracted players turn out for their clubs all the time...apparently) a short of a length ball was driven on the up, takes a thick edge, and is shelled by the gully in a true came-onto-him-too-quickly moment.

I gues this is why we persist with BA games and forgive the regressive nature of patches: Every now and then they show what they can do.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
This game for all its faults serves up some genuine cricketing moments.

Playing a club game in career mode (nationally contracted players turn out for their clubs all the time...apparently) a short of a length ball was driven on the up, takes a thick edge, and is shelled by the gully in a true came-onto-him-too-quickly moment.

I gues this is why we persist with BA games and forgive the regressive nature of patches: Every now and then they show what they can do.
There are some genuinely brilliant mis-fields in the game too, drive to mid-wicket players dives, ball obviously bounces just before it gets to him, bounces off his arms and I take a run.. fantastic
Post automatically merged:

Yep. A real rogue's gallery.
you shared all of them too? ;)

Wahldo

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Might get a scolding for not posting in career mode thread (it builds character) but, the SAT20 only reflect the provincial players in career mode. Even when captain, the international players are not in the squad.

I will add that this is with latest squad updates.

tclayton92

Club Captain
For those that enjoy playing tests but don’t like having to sink loads of hours into one match, is there a way you’ve found enjoyable? Eg playing first and last innings and simulating the middle? Just interested to see what others do to still make it fun

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For those that enjoy playing tests but don’t like having to sink loads of hours into one match, is there a way you’ve found enjoyable? Eg playing first and last innings and simulating the middle? Just interested to see what others do to still make it fun

@MARK99ZA suggested making each day last for only fifty overs and let the new ball come in at forty overs which is a nice compromise.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@MARK99ZA suggested making each day last for only fifty overs and let the new ball come in at forty overs which is a nice compromise.
Back in 19 and 17 game I made a short test mode. 45 overs a day, new ball after 35, compulsory declaration after 100 overs for each inning I think.

Users who are viewing this thread