Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
For those that enjoy playing tests but don’t like having to sink loads of hours into one match, is there a way you’ve found enjoyable? Eg playing first and last innings and simulating the middle? Just interested to see what others do to still make it fun
Could sim the first three innings, give yourself a random scenario in the fourth innings.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Could sim the first three innings, give yourself a random scenario in the fourth innings.
Right now, I sim all the way till the 9th wicket while batting and bowl the first 50 overs in bowling, sim the till 9th wicket and bowl again lol!

PJ13

Club Captain
For those that enjoy playing tests but don’t like having to sink loads of hours into one match, is there a way you’ve found enjoyable? Eg playing first and last innings and simulating the middle? Just interested to see what others do to still make it fun
The only way it should be played is the whole game. No taking short cuts.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looking to get Cricket 24, but heard so many bad things... is it worth purchasing now? with all the patches/bug etc fixed.

It’s the best in the series IMO.

But it’s also a Big Ant game. So… make of that what you will.

krish17

School Cricketer
Guys anyone having issue that; batsman is not playing sweep,reverse sweep in arcade control ? Does anyone lnow any fix ?

Karachi

Associate Captain
Guys anyone having issue that; batsman is not playing sweep,reverse sweep in arcade control ? Does anyone lnow any fix ?
Timing, which I also can't get right. Seems like you need to play the shots slightly before or as soon as the ball leaves bowler's hand.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For some reason, the game decides not to trigger special shots at times. Don't know if they fixed it in the last patch because I uninstalled it.

Hester

County Cricketer
One increase the actual speed of the ball in the game.

One increases the visual speed; how you perceive the speed of the ball.

My assumption would be that the latter aims to achieve what people want from the former, minus negative gameplay consequences that might result from increasing the speed of the ball.
Tested this more today and mine does the opposite.
If I reduce the pace bowling speed to 10, the ball floats down the wicket like a balloon but the speedometer still says 92mph.
If I turn it up to 70, the ball flies realistically but the speedometer reads more like 96mph.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Tested this more today and mine does the opposite.
If I reduce the pace bowling speed to 10, the ball floats down the wicket like a balloon but the speedometer still says 92mph.
If I turn it up to 70, the ball flies realistically but the speedometer reads more like 96mph.
Paying attention to the speedometer is a waste of time, you can bowl 95mph off cutters.

Users who are viewing this thread