Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyway of fixing/improving difficulty? I am batting with the "hardest" difficulty and still scoring 10+ runs/over. Only thing the 'hardest' option does to make things worse for me is that I am unable time bouncers or most of the short (red) balls. I am more or less into 15 overs and my score is 170+ with 1 out playing testing against India. Before it was patched and easy and medium difficulties were introduced the career mode in DBC'14 was very difficult to bat in. It would force you to play defensive. Scoring a century and or a half felt like a big achievement. I want that feeling back. Right now there is no incentive in playing defensive shots/blocking. In fact, there is more chance of surviving getting out by 'caught of the edge' by playing an aggressive shot than defensive.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looks like there's now a load of licensed Netherlands women players but not Netherlands women's team for them to play in.

And England domestic squads updated

Also this guy

WsgifqqX_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
I
I'm just seeing spinners absolutely dominate when bowling on any pitch (compared to quicks). And also the 1st innings being markedly easier than the second one for bowling, when it should be the other way around.

Is there any way to get around this? Is skilling the difference, or is this just bad scripting? I literally cannot get a side anything less than 90 odd for 7 at lunch, with the odd wicket taken by quicks, as it should be, and a hatfull from the spinners. It seems a lot worse than earlier patches.
I don't get many wickets with spinners unless I have short leg or silly point fielders in, but that just breaks the game.

I totally agree about ai 2nd innings though. Even if I change the settings to make the ai worse they still total more runs, at a higher run rate than their 1st innings.

Nature Boy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am not sure if it has been posted before but there is no stumps mic at all. That's why we can't hear the keeper or the run call or the ball hitting the stumps. Is it expected to be fixed in later patches or Big Ant is just gonna leave it like this ?

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Looks like there's now a load of licensed Netherlands women players but not Netherlands women's team for them to play in.

And England domestic squads updated

Also this guy

WsgifqqX_400x400.jpg
Haven't done a great job with the County squads, as Danny Lamb, Rob Jones and Liam Hurt are still at Lancashire, but Tom Bruce is licensed (and looks awful)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Haven't done a great job with the County squads, as Danny Lamb, Rob Jones and Liam Hurt are still at Lancashire, but Tom Bruce is licensed (and looks awful)
I only looked at one to be honest. Saw that 'Austin Clamper' had been removed was in the uncontracted section, not Essex but Dean Elgar was added.

Was looking for players to update the BPL teams. Didn't find them, but found more bald women than a Sinead O'Connor lookalike contest.

Hester

County Cricketer
I am not sure if it has been posted before but there is no stumps mic at all. That's why we can't hear the keeper or the run call or the ball hitting the stumps. Is it expected to be fixed in later patches or Big Ant is just gonna leave it like this ?
Since the patch?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I think there will be 2 more patches for gameplay and couple for faces and then curtains fall for C24

Hester

County Cricketer
I bought the game only after the recent patch, has there been an audible run call before this ? Coz for me the batsmen are completely silent, they never call for a run.
I've seen on some YouTube videos that they do call. They don't on mine. I raised a ticket a few weeks back and bigant replied saying they were amazed I'd identified it. Apparently there is an audio glitch effecting some audio outputs. I use surround sound headphones connected to the TV. And I'm on xbox series x. So, they have been able to replicate the problem. Just a case of them fixing it.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Can we please eliminate the ugly looking premeditated cut shot the AI play at least once every other over?

Makes the C19 uppercut to spin seem like a basic forward defence in terms of frustration

Users who are viewing this thread