Cricket 24 - General Discussion

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Anyway of fixing/improving difficulty? I am batting with the "hardest" difficulty and still scoring 10+ runs/over. Only thing the 'hardest' option does to make things worse for me is that I am unable time bouncers or most of the short (red) balls. I am more or less into 15 overs and my score is 170+ with 1 out playing testing against India. Before it was patched and easy and medium difficulties were introduced the career mode in DBC'14 was very difficult to bat in. It would force you to play defensive. Scoring a century and or a half felt like a big achievement. I want that feeling back. Right now there is no incentive in playing defensive shots/blocking. In fact, there is more chance of surviving getting out by 'caught of the edge' by playing an aggressive shot than defensive.
Turn the HUD off.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
are other pakistan players going to get their faces scanned? Kind of weird they didn't get Haris Rauf since he was in Australia for bbl

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyway of fixing/improving difficulty? I am batting with the "hardest" difficulty and still scoring 10+ runs/over. Only thing the 'hardest' option does to make things worse for me is that I am unable time bouncers or most of the short (red) balls. I am more or less into 15 overs and my score is 170+ with 1 out playing testing against India. Before it was patched and easy and medium difficulties were introduced the career mode in DBC'14 was very difficult to bat in. It would force you to play defensive. Scoring a century and or a half felt like a big achievement. I want that feeling back. Right now there is no incentive in playing defensive shots/blocking. In fact, there is more chance of surviving getting out by 'caught of the edge' by playing an aggressive shot than defensive.
They will work towards improving gameplay only if we stop asking them Licences stuff, no need of licensing when we are provided with beautiful Academy in-game

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Even going back to DBC14 it's always been possible to batter 4 or 5 deliveries an over out of the park if you get the hang of the timing for a particular shot and then spam it.

I do hope future iterations can build in a bit more nuance to the system but to an extent it also depends on how you're trying to bat. If you're trying, for instance, to decide on the fly between two shots off different feet with different timing windows that's much more difficult than just trying to spam a single shot or decide between options off one foot where the timing windows are very similar.

mazd

International Cricketer
Hey, finally got the game. Can someone help me with the sliders. Are we copying Cricket 22 sliders or has someone made a new document for it. Would be really appreciated.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I am playing Test in south Africa With India as Batting. but getting no edges , is the patches now degraded the gameplay for. Not feel like catches in slips

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Saqib Mahmood desperately needs an appearance update. Olly Stone too. At this point, I'm always inclined to use @wasteyouryouth's version over BA's licensed one. Same with Dan Lawrence.
Jasprit Bumrah, Matt Parkinson, Dom Sibley, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, Luis Reece, Pat Brown, John Turner and Jordan Clark are all abysmal.

Not to mention the handful of NZ players who don't look like badly drawn caricatures. It would be a loss to the community but why don't they employ @wasteyouryouth, @GuyIncognito or @Llewelynf to work on the players using playface they can't scan properly?

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have I missed something or is the academy only loading 20 at a time after the latest patch? Used to be up to 50...

Last edited:

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
Can someone please summarize the differences between the Xbox X and PS5 versions? Is one clearly superior to the other? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread