Cricket 24 - General Discussion

keeru

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
So, I finally figured out the right settings to make the game run smoothly on my laptop. Began a Zimbabwe player career, finally resuming my interest in doing one, on the backburner since Ashes 17. Obviously, all the teams are 'Clubs', even if you alter their identity to First-Class status while beginning the game. That's annoying in itself but almost acceptable.

But, more annoyingly the keeper doesn't stump batsmen out. I'm playing as a leg-spinner and I beat the batsment 4 times and he came down the pitch but the keeper tried but failed to take the bails off every time. It's like they're performing the action but deliberately missing the bails. Does this happen for anyone else or was the scripting awfully wrong for my career?

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
I need a spell from this game, I have tried so many ways to keep motivated with it and play it but no matter what I try whether its match type or custom sides I just can't get past how dull the game play has become. Maybe it is cricket fatigue with the game releasing every 2 - 3 years. I have found it now such a chore to bowl and not enjoying it and batting has just become so dull. I find it hard to score easily against spin which is a challenge but I am finding I am getting out bowled or caught behind where the ball just vanishes through the middle of the bat. I don't actually know what they can do to improve the game play but it would be nice if there was a feature like on the old Ricky Ponting cricket where the Malinga style yorkers were brutes and hard to play.

Majority of the bowled or LBW's I am seeing now are from the dreaded flick over mid wicket where the bat gets no where near it and hits middle stump with the batter shuffled across outside off. There isn't enough genuine wickets for mine to make it enjoyable.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I need a spell from this game, I have tried so many ways to keep motivated with it and play it but no matter what I try whether its match type or custom sides I just can't get past how dull the game play has become. Maybe it is cricket fatigue with the game releasing every 2 - 3 years. I have found it now such a chore to bowl and not enjoying it and batting has just become so dull. I find it hard to score easily against spin which is a challenge but I am finding I am getting out bowled or caught behind where the ball just vanishes through the middle of the bat. I don't actually know what they can do to improve the game play but it would be nice if there was a feature like on the old Ricky Ponting cricket where the Malinga style yorkers were brutes and hard to play.

Majority of the bowled or LBW's I am seeing now are from the dreaded flick over mid wicket where the bat gets no where near it and hits middle stump with the batter shuffled across outside off. There isn't enough genuine wickets for mine to make it enjoyable.
Just ramp up the difficulty to hardest and then scale it down appropriately by using sliders to make batting enjoyable. As we know the hardest mode is nearly unplayable so you have to notch it down and see where you can find the middle ground.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
But yea the general feeling is that the gameplay has become boring because it has been recycled from Ashes 17 and it's becoming a boredom show seeing the exact manner of getting wickets or getting out because we have seen it all since Ashes 17, Hopefully next time they will upgrade to Unreal Engine 5 and have totally new variety of getting out/getting wickets in order to feel fresh again.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jasprit Bumrah, Matt Parkinson, Dom Sibley, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, Luis Reece, Pat Brown, John Turner and Jordan Clark are all abysmal.

Not to mention the handful of NZ players who don't look like badly drawn caricatures. It would be a loss to the community but why don't they employ @wasteyouryouth, @GuyIncognito or @Llewelynf to work on the players using playface they can't scan properly?

I’d settle for them compensating one of the users for their work and involving them on a need basis.

noys390

County Cricketer

At the moment, it is pretty difficult to bat against spin (compared to pace) as defense & sweeps are not working properly. I would like to hear otherwise from anyone denying this fact else, BA must fix this part even if they decide not to provide any patches further.

Coming to the good part, atleast now we are getting bowled or LBW while batting (trying to play across the line over mid-wicket) which I think was not there in C22. This rule needs to be extended to playing across the line square to offside also. I would agree that yorkers need to have much smaller batting time window to connect, and should have more chances of getting bowled or LBW.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
So, I finally figured out the right settings to make the game run smoothly on my laptop. Began a Zimbabwe player career, finally resuming my interest in doing one, on the backburner since Ashes 17. Obviously, all the teams are 'Clubs', even if you alter their identity to First-Class status while beginning the game. That's annoying in itself but almost acceptable.

But, more annoyingly the keeper doesn't stump batsmen out. I'm playing as a leg-spinner and I beat the batsment 4 times and he came down the pitch but the keeper tried but failed to take the bails off every time. It's like they're performing the action but deliberately missing the bails. Does this happen for anyone else or was the scripting awfully wrong for my career?
see if you keeper is actually standing up, up arrow on d-pad: wicketkeeper (UP,BACK,NORMAL) move it to UP

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i think ther wil be no more patches .. !!
Prod pull shot animation glitch, No overcast weather and rain visibility, catching mini game not working::: these are important urgent gameplay fixes. If not fixed then this game will be my last Big Ant game in life

Users who are viewing this thread