Cricket 24 - General Discussion

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Noticed the crowd audio in the new Pakistan stadiums, including the Old Lahore Cricket club, are not correct in relation to the country they are based in. When you play a game in Pakistan/India the crowd’s sound is different to if you are playing a game in Australia/ England etc. Currently, when playing at the new Pakistan stadiums plus the Old Lahore CC the crowd audio sounds like you’re playing in Australia/England and not in Pakistan.

@MattW @JNT BA I believe this is an easy fix for a future update.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
At the moment, it is pretty difficult to bat against spin (compared to pace) as defense & sweeps are not working properly. I would like to hear otherwise from anyone denying this fact else, BA must fix this part even if they decide not to provide any patches further.

Coming to the good part, atleast now we are getting bowled or LBW while batting (trying to play across the line over mid-wicket) which I think was not there in C22. This rule needs to be extended to playing across the line square to offside also. I would agree that yorkers need to have much smaller batting time window to connect, and should have more chances of getting bowled or LBW.
Raised tickets regarding the defending and special shots bug. But haven't heard back from them. I am afraid that they will leave it as it is now like they left all their previous games. These things were working fine at launch and then got broken. A further communication regarding whether this will be fixed would be greatly appreciated

noys390

County Cricketer
^^ We done our part to point the issue, rest is not in our hands. In case BA decides not to fix, I have to go back to C22. Atleast there the bare fundamental gameplay elements are working. I can live without the licensed teams, stadiums or pitch degradation.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Raised tickets regarding the defending and special shots bug. But haven't heard back from them. I am afraid that they will leave it as it is now like they left all their previous games. These things were working fine at launch and then got broken. A further communication regarding whether this will be fixed would be greatly appreciated
They are replying to tickets but not fixing core gameplay issues, human batter prods pull shot animation glitch, lack of overcast weather even in English conditions is really disturbing. There is no use of pre game weather settings whatever we choose, it's always sunny

caprikaps

Club Captain
I think they have no time at the moment for cricket but are scrambling around the office deciding which one to mess up first: tennis or rugby?
or it could be even more rewarding to apprehend pirates and share that success on Twitter. That would be a significant triumph for them. For heaven sake just provide us a fundamentally correct game.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
or it could be even more rewarding to apprehend pirates and share that success on Twitter. That would be a significant triumph for them. For heaven sake just provide us a fundamentally correct game.
Fundamentally correct? What is that? We have freehits where you can change the field as you like

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Newish to the game… so it never rains?
It does rain but has no effect on the game at all which is pretty pointless you just see rain and splashes on the pitch and it soon stops. Be nice if the umbrellas came out in the stands and players had to walk off

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Definitely ruins an English summer seeing only 4/5 draws a season in the County Championship!

Karachi

Associate Captain
At the moment, it is pretty difficult to bat against spin (compared to pace) as defense & sweeps are not working properly.

I feel like its happening all of a sudden. Previously, I could play against spin with relative comfort. With left handed batsmen I can get some easy boundaries playing slog towards short-fine-leg, provided no fielder is there. Otherwise, spin is unplayable in hard and hardest mode. Also, fast/medium full length balls dropping slightly wide of the off side of the wicket are unplayable.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel like its happening all of a sudden. Previously, I could play against spin with relative comfort. With left handed batsmen I can get some easy boundaries playing slog towards short-fine-leg, provided no fielder is there. Otherwise, spin is unplayable in hard and hardest mode. Also, fast/medium full length balls dropping slightly wide of the off side of the wicket are unplayable.
I felt exactly the same way playing spin.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you guys on the crap controls? Spin is pretty playable on classic.
Classic controls since DBC14. playing with the left hand feels much more balanced in terms of difficulty compared to the right hand, where I get way too many edges. However, it remains both playable and challenging

Users who are viewing this thread