Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't know if you've ever tried bowling quick with an underwewight ball but I think it's an injury risk.

Regardless, it's not just the weight of the ball. They're in trainers on an indoor surface. Pros always take it a bit easy in those conditions.

Fair enough, didn’t think of that aspect.

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
How do I make it so the international players in career mode are the ones that are licensed? For example, the Indian players are the fake custom ones rather than the licensed ones in IPL teams.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
How do I make it so the international players in career mode are the ones that are licensed? For example, the Indian players are the fake custom ones rather than the licensed ones in IPL teams.
Career Mode squads are dynamic. Did you download the Indian Domestic teams (aka Ranji) from the academy? @wasteyouryouth has done them all. If you didn't all the players in the Indian team would be generic. If you did, then they'll be real players.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Career Mode squads are dynamic. Did you download the Indian Domestic teams (aka Ranji) from the academy? @wasteyouryouth has done them all. If you didn't all the players in the Indian team would be generic. If you did, then they'll be real players.
That's not strictly accurate.

I updated Ranji squads for Cricket 22 and then re-updated when I made kits and logos. I've no idea which versions are available on Cricket 24. The latter would be significantly more up-to-date than I expect the default Cricket 24 are.

There are dozens of duplicates (licensed IPL players) which are not in the default squads just IPL (I don't know how they are linked with Cricket 22 versions). Plus, best guess, several hundred missing active players (some might be on my old Cricket 22 versions I'm not sure).

I have not touched the Ranji sides on Cricket 24. That's a task for when my depression is clinical, not barely manageable.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Started playing IB cricket in Meta quest 2. For a game which is in its first iteration and even more complex than console game (as it's vr) this game is miles ahead of any of BAs game. The variety in shots, balls, field settings, difficulty and the sheer satisfaction of playing good shots is something I've never experienced with console games before.

If you are someone adjusting with console cricket games because you are in love with cricket try this game and see. You will absolutely love it.

Played over 280 matches in 4 days. Batting average is worse than bumrah but still having a heck of time with this.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Started playing IB cricket in Meta quest 2. For a game which is in its first iteration and even more complex than console game (as it's vr) this game is miles ahead of any of BAs game. The variety in shots, balls, field settings, difficulty and the sheer satisfaction of playing good shots is something I've never experienced with console games before.

If you are someone adjusting with console cricket games because you are in love with cricket try this game and see. You will absolutely love it.

Played over 280 matches in 4 days. Batting average is worse than bumrah but still having a heck of time with this.
Got to admit I've wondered about batting in VR. I've done a lot of cockpit type stuff in VR but first person has tended to make me want to hurl, though.

ETA this reminds me of the time I bought Skyrim VR and had a wicked time at first but then got progressively more ill until I had to go and lie down in a dark room.

I saw some VR giant spiders. They were big.

Last edited:

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game
Do you have anything useful to add? I've also noticed Ross hasn't solved World Hunger which I predicted two minutes ago
Gameplay is broken because of these Pakistan team licences. Human prod pull shot animation glitch is not fixed and overcast weather is not working. Gameplay is king for any sports video game.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Game

Gameplay is broken because of these Pakistan team licences. Human prod pull shot animation glitch is not fixed and overcast weather is not working. Gameplay is king for any sports video game.
I've hammered career mode since the last patch and I'm bored of the same stupid errors making me quit and restart. Hoping the next patch is a big one.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've hammered career mode since the last patch and I'm bored of the same stupid errors making me quit and restart. Hoping the next patch is a big one.
Agreed, my rage quit is at an all time high. One step forward and three steps back.

Users who are viewing this thread