England tour of India (5 Tests)

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Should they go to the Indian camp and be like do you want to add a player? If two teams agree, would it be allowed?
It probably could be arranged, but it'd take both cricket boards, the officials, the match referee and the ICC all getting on board.

I cannot imagine that such an arrangement would be made in under 24 hours without at least one of those parties bollocksing it up.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Should they go to the Indian camp and be like do you want to add a player? If two teams agree, would it be allowed?
It's not in the rules but I can see them saying to hell with the rules.

Like aislabie says, might be more to it than just than just saying "bring Axar in" unless they just said let's finish the match anyway (11v11) even if it doesn't count as an official test.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
My mate made a good suggestion: replace him with a player of England's choosing.

364946.4.jpg

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unfortunate news coming from Ashwin.

Indian bowling have their task cut out now.

A big long day for the bowlers coming up.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Gutted to hear the Ashwin news. Hope everything is okay.

I don't think a player replacement can be done in the middle of a match even if both teams agree to it. Seems like a precedent will be set if it happens. Gotta buckle up and make do with 10 now.

India have a better start today. Any kind of lead should help given how things ended yesterday.

Croadyman

Club Captain
Gutted to hear the Ashwin news. Hope everything is okay.

I don't think a player replacement can be done in the middle of a match even if both teams agree to it. Seems like a precedent will be set if it happens. Gotta buckle up and make do with 10 now.

India have a better start today. Any kind of lead should help given how things ended yesterday.
You will have a significant lead

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
This partnership is the key here.

Stokes is all set to play a blinder in his 100th Test.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Absolutely gutted for Ashwin and wish him all the strength he needs in this time, it must be gut wrenching to have to deal with a personal struggle at the time of one of his biggest career achievements.

I’m not sure where to stand on subbing him out in this test. On one hand it feels like Stokes and Baz are the type of people who would hate to have gained an advantage from this and would be the first people to request that India be allowed a replacement but on the other hand it does feel like Ashwin himself wouldn’t be in favour of him being replaced in this test. I’ve seen some complaints over the precedent it could set and while I think that most of it is rubbish and could force players to play through times when they really shouldn’t be playing… it’s understandable that it isn’t an easy rule to finalise. All of that is a discussion for another day though as Ashwin and his family deserve the time and support they need at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread