Cricket 24 - General Discussion

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I havent bought the game yet. Like I said a few months ago, I'm going to wait this one out. And boy did I dodge a bullet.
If you set your expectations right it is a good game, feel bad for PPL who have put this game down due to the expectations that are never going to be met, I was one of them but learnt along the way about this, idea is to have fun not to dodge bullets

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Suppose you started test championship , Now you selected your team at start , as new comers joins later, Problem in BigAnt cricket and that you cannot update you team with new player.

If you added new player X in Team manager and new line up that X player will not reflect in you teats championship
@MattW

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
If you set your expectations right it is a good game, feel bad for PPL who have put this game down due to the expectations that are never going to be met, I was one of them but learnt along the way about this, idea is to have fun not to dodge bullets
I agree, I saw the initial screenshots and videos and the game looked exactly like C22 (even if they did improve on that, it would be marginal at best, and as predicted, most of the problems from C22 still exist in the game, and it lacks any semblance of polish), and I made up my mind that this was not going to be worth purchasing. Haven't changed this opinion since, and I don't think I will in the near future. They had a good run from '14 to '22, but I'm afraid the honeymoon is long over.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
This latest build for me is what the game should've launched as. Still glaring issues needing to be fixed (we'll see what this upcoming patch does) but if this is what we had in October I think the reviews would've been better and overall feeling would've been positive.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This latest build for me is what the game should've launched as. Still glaring issues needing to be fixed (we'll see what this upcoming patch does) but if this is what we had in October I think the reviews would've been better and overall feeling would've been positive.
No one is expecting a polished game from Big Ant anymore. On top of that the lack of communication regarding updates and acknowledgement of issues in the game have contributed to this game's decline in my opinion

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
BA where is your passion, commitment, pride gone? Game after game after game within a few weeks becomes abandondware.

The consumer is left holding a damp rag (this time it will surely be different?).

Luckily there are games being made that are absolutley gripping, dedicated and enjoyable. We play games to be immersed, to be taken away from the realities and sometimes hardships of real life. In real life I have enough ' what if's, if I tweak that, maybe if" without having to want to do that in a game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
BA where is your passion, commitment, pride gone? Game after game after game within a few weeks becomes abandondware.

The consumer is left holding a damp rag (this time it will surely be different?).

Luckily there are games being made that are absolutley gripping, dedicated and enjoyable. We play games to be immersed, to be taken away from the realities and sometimes hardships of real life. In real life I have enough ' what if's, if I tweak that, maybe if" without having to want to do that in a game.

Devils Advocate but if NACON are pushing out a schedule that is hard to maintain and are insisting man power is diverted elsewhere now does that not make Big Ants job impossible.

It's a bit like when Activision push and pull the developers on CoD in different ways which ends up with buggy releases for certain games.

* I would add I'm not defending anyone. I have ABSOLUTELY no clue but it has got far worse since NACON.

But it's quite clear with all the early access stuff that what is being asked isn't manageable.

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Devils Advocate but if NACON are pushing out a schedule that is hard to maintain and are insisting man power is diverted elsewhere now does that not make Big Ants job impossible.

It's a bit like when Activision push and pull the developers on CoD in different ways which ends up with buggy releases for certain games.

* I would add I'm not defending anyone. I have ABSOLUTELY no clue but it has got far worse since NACON.

But it's quite clear with all the early access stuff that what is being asked isn't manageable.
I agree with the NACON thing purely on the state of the previous couple of games on release. Completely unfinished, just to get something out on a target date.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Totally agree stopped playing months ago then fired it up after watching eng vs ind and lasted about 30 mins bowling if that the fact you have to re skill all the batters to take a genuine wicket or something that resembles that is a joke, the edges firing off for 4,s and every top edge bouncer going for 6 and then throw in the “I’ll play the same shot until a wicket falls.” AI nonsense scripted garbage it’s not very enjoyable at all. The only plus side is I’d say it looks and feels a little better when batting apart from that it’s no fun

Hester

County Cricketer
Suppose you started test championship , Now you selected your team at start , as new comers joins later, Problem in BigAnt cricket and that you cannot update you team with new player.

If you added new player X in Team manager and new line up that X player will not reflect in you teats championship
@MattW
Yeah, C22 was the same. Also, if you set the season to summer, then play vs England in England, the game thinks summer is January (because we all live in Australia) and has you playing England in the dark because the game thinks a) it's English January b) there is no sun in England during the winter.

It's totally backwards, upside down and deranged.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

Issues were well and truly there prior to the Nacon partnership.

But the reality is, both sides just think to cash in on niche markets. I saw Ross say on Twitter the other day, they have 130+ staff and growing, it was actually significantly less than I thought they had. That small of a developer should never take on 4 games inside 12 months, even the big developers don’t dare try that.

I’ll add that I have to use an alternative Twitter account as Ross blocked me many years ago Something he seems to be doing more and more as years go by…

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Issues were well and truly there prior to the Nacon partnership.

But the reality is, both sides just think to cash in on niche markets. I saw Ross say on Twitter the other day, they have 130+ staff and growing, it was actually significantly less than I thought they had. That small of a developer should never take on 4 games inside 12 months, even the big developers don’t dare try that.

I’ll add that I have to use an alternative Twitter account as Ross blocked me many years ago Something he seems to be doing more and more as years go by…
He comes across as a bigger knob by the day as well...

Users who are viewing this thread