England tour of India (5 Tests)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the partnership that will either make or break this innings. Root and Bairstow (both having a bad series so far) will be itching to make it count.

Bevab

Staff Member
Ah, Rohit is bowling a pacer well beyond the norm as usual. Between the no balls and now this, it’s like we have Bumrah here in spirit.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Yeh, Root going back to his grinding days instead of trying something outlandish. Ominous signs for India.

Bevab

Staff Member
Bairstow is really not him at the moment.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Big wicket that of Stokes. The bigger one still remains though.

Bevab

Staff Member
Don't know how many below par England are going to finish, but think we've lost this match in the first session.

As I said this is a big lottery of a pitch. The real problem is that none of the batters have Bazballed their way to a 60+ score. I could have seen someone like Brook doing that if he were here.

Still think batting last on this will be a nightmare as long as England’s spinners bowl sensibly.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
but think we've lost this match in the first session.
<Indian batsmen who no longer are gods of playing spinners>: Hold my beer!

This is what I like about England's approach. They are already 5 down but have crossed 110+. A few hits here and there and they are likely to get to 200 which on this pitch looks par for 1st Innings. I bet if India were 5 down, they would have been something like 60-5 by lunch now. Those extra 50 runs will matter.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
As I said this is a big lottery of a pitch. The real problem is that none of the batters have Bazballed their way to a 60+ score. I could have seen someone like Brook doing that if he were here.

Still think batting last on this will be a nightmare as long as England’s spinners bowl sensibly.
I think India's batting is stronger and in better form to get themselves a lead. We need some release point magic from Robinson, Hartley and Bashir.

This is what I like about England's approach. They are already 5 down but have crossed 110+. A few hits here and there and they are likely to get to 200 which on this pitch looks par for 1st Innings. I bet if India were 5 down, they would have been something like 60-5 by lunch now. Those extra 50 runs will matter.
This is true. Don't know about India being in such a position. But 2021 England would probably have been bowled out in a session and a bit for about the same score they have now.

Croadyman

Club Captain

Wouldn't be so sure about them being 60-5

Bevab

Staff Member

The addition of Sarfaraz may be key for us. All of a sudden we’ve gone from looking like a brittle lineup with a few good spin players scattered into a unit that can build partnerships.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Is it a BCCI diktat that the host broadcaster has bring in the IPL/ WPL during post match/ pre match shows?

@icyman please rant on Siraj.

He has definitely gone for a bit, but I feel he is a far better red-ball bowler than he is in ODIs. That said, I'd be surprisied if he doesn't snap up a wicket or two, given that the English tail is in plain sight.

Bevab

Staff Member
Is it a BCCI diktat that the host broadcaster has bring in the IPL/ WPL during post match/ pre match shows?

If you try to represent all of the parties involved in there via a Venn diagram, I’m pretty sure it would end up being a concentric circle.

Users who are viewing this thread