England tour of India (5 Tests)

Croadyman

Club Captain
The addition of Sarfaraz may be key for us. All of a sudden we’ve gone from looking like a brittle lineup with a few good spin players scattered into a unit that can build partnerships.
Yeah I fear the series could be over in a few days

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I fear the series could be over in a few days

Mate, I’m pretty sure you would say this even if England had a lead of 400 on day two and proceeded to dismiss India for double figures.

Bevab

Staff Member
Jurel is bringing all of the Pant energy and nostalgia with his incessant talking.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
You know in the back of your mind that this is gonna be a Root innings. Already closing on a well "to-happen" 50.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I'm sure this will be an inevitable jinx. But, in matches when Root and Foakes have both played, they have 2 century partnerships (same number as Root with Bairstow, Pope, Stokes).

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Jurel’s keeping is pretty good. Wouldn’t be surprised if he keeps his spot even after Pant returns.
I love the idea of Pant being unleashed as a number four or five batter to see what'll happen. I don't think he quite makes the first choice batting order as a non-keeper yet (Gill 3, Virat 4, Sarfaraz 5), but he could easily be the next player in line.

Might as well hand Ishan Porel a debut next to complete the Bengali invasion of the Indian pace attack
I would still love to see an all-Bengali XI one day, even if it's just for an exhibition series or something.

Don't know how many below par England are going to finish, but think we've lost this match in the first session.
Replying now with the benefit of hindsight, it turns out it was all a tactic to get Ben Foakes to the crease.

ROOOOOOOOOOT.
ROOOOOOOOOOOOT

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
We were talking about England getting bundled out under 200 and now at Tea the picture has changed drastically. Credit to Root and Foakes for hanging in there even though the odd ball misbehaved. India have their task cut out for them when they bat. England should be aiming at 300+ to put further pressure on us.

Bevab

Staff Member
I’m dreading batting last on this pitch.

Bevab

Staff Member
I love the idea of Pant being unleashed as a number four or five batter to see what'll happen. I don't think he quite makes the first choice batting order as a non-keeper yet (Gill 3, Virat 4, Sarfaraz 5), but he could easily be the next player in line.

I’d say goodbye to Virat and make him focus on white ball cricket whilst having Sarfaraz at four and Pant at five.

Bevab

Staff Member
It is quite remarkable that we’ve come full circle back to Root and Foakes being the stable individuals in contrast to everyone else Bazball-ing it in this side.
Post automatically merged:

This has been Ashwin’s worst home series in a while comfortably. Wonder how much events off the pitch are affecting him and if they’ve been an issue for longer than publicised.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
This has been Ashwin’s worst home series in a while comfortably. Wonder how much events off the pitch are affecting him and if they’ve been an issue for longer than publicised.
I feel like it's more likely to be a technical issue tbh. His run-up has become so exaggeratedly weird that his alignment through the run-up, into the delivery stride and through his action are all hideously wrong. Of course he's a good enough bowler that he can still bowl top quality off-spin regardless, but he's not helping himself and nor are the coaching staff who didn't stamp on it as soon as his alignment started suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread