Cricket 24 - General Discussion

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BA has to give some update now it is high time.. Ross just said there will be an update but not sure about the timeline..
No timeline is supposed to be not nice because it's already more than 2 months since the last patch. And that patch only Pakistan team licences and kits with zero gameplay issues addressing.

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quick question. Considering purchasing the game on Steam.

What's the state of the Game w.r.t Test Matches? In terms of AI, Proper Setting up the Batsman for a Wicket, Slip Catches? Or is it similar to Cricket 22.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Quick question. Considering purchasing the game on Steam.

What's the state of the Game w.r.t Test Matches? In terms of AI, Proper Setting up the Batsman for a Wicket, Slip Catches? Or is it similar to Cricket 22.
In my experience, every now and then the game offers such a real experience where you feel you set the batsmen up. Sadly not often enough though.

The scripting of wickets has regressed with patches. In the game's current state you can predict a wicket (the batsman will edge the ball until it leads to a catch or keep on smashing the ball to the same area until you "buy the wicket" by placing a fielder there.

joeb86

Club Captain
BA has to give some update now it is high time.. Ross just said there will be an update but not sure about the timeline..

I honestly think one of BA’s big downfalls is their dreadful comms about everything. Have no idea how to market and communicate in the current age

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I honestly think one of BA’s big downfalls is their dreadful comms about everything. Have no idea how to market and communicate in the current age

It’s becoming increasingly clear which companies are particularly bad at it whilst the competition continues to indulge in good communication.

It’s extremely annoying that two of the franchises I want to do well in FM and Cricket both have utterly awful communication policies and hide behind the veil of “our customers lack respect” whilst featuring an egoistic head who happens to block users routinely, be extremely sensitive to any form of constructive feedback and have poor vision for their games.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
It’s becoming increasingly clear which companies are particularly bad at it whilst the competition continues to indulge in good communication.

It’s extremely annoying that two of the franchises I want to do well in FM and Cricket both have utterly awful communication policies and hide behind the veil of “our customers lack respect” whilst featuring an egoistic head who happens to block users routinely, be extremely sensitive to any form of constructive feedback and have poor vision for their games.
Could you imagine Ross and Miles in the same room?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

I don't agree but one thing I can clarify that they are working on Rugby 24 and Tiebreak titles at present. Devs are not working on Cricket 24 at this time I guess

Bevab

Staff Member
I don't agree but one thing I can clarify that they are working on Rugby 24 and Tiebreak titles at present. Devs are not working on Cricket 24 at this time I guess

I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing on to be honest. The bits where I say BA have poor communication or the ones where I say Ross and Miles have extremely poor communication standards towards their own customers or the vision stagnancy?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Taking on Cricket, Rugby, Tennis & AFL and attempting to release them all well within an 18 month release window with a team of 95 employees is either a very bold or very stupid move.

Consider the amount of work on the games themselves, which is a massive undertaking gameplay and testing wise. That's along with licensing, player scanning, marketing etc and a multitude of other facets, all across four full priced titles.

The development team size when compared to other major sports titles (and that's for ONE title) is small. I feel for those coordinating the different programming teams within the wider company and those within those teams whose focus must be rapidly shifting from project to project.

Are the delays to the cricket release and now the rugby a surprise? It a wonder that the code within these games aren't tangled spaghetti! I think we owe a lot of thanks to the talented people making these games as playable as they have been.

Those who are making the overall project decisions around workload and release windows, I'll let you decide how sensible they've been.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Taking on Cricket, Rugby, Tennis & AFL and attempting to release them all well within an 18 month release window with a team of 95 employees is either a very bold or very stupid move.

Consider the amount of work on the games themselves, which is a massive undertaking gameplay and testing wise. That's along with licensing, player scanning, marketing etc and a multitude of other facets, all across four full priced titles.

The development team size when compared to other major sports titles (and that's for ONE title) is small. I feel for those coordinating the different programming teams within the wider company and those within those teams whose focus must be rapidly shifting from project to project.

Are the delays to the cricket release and now the rugby a surprise? It a wonder that the code within these games aren't tangled spaghetti! I think we owe a lot of thanks to the talented people making these games as playable as they have been.

Those who are making the overall project decisions around workload and release windows, I'll let you decide how sensible they've been.
Which is why they need to just come out and say "hey, we're really busy polishing things with these games, so unfortunately we'll have to delay our planned updates for other games" and maybe, that would ease the speculation and ill feeling towards them

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Which is why they need to just come out and say "hey, we're really busy polishing things with these games, so unfortunately we'll have to delay our planned updates for other games" and maybe, that would ease the speculation and ill feeling towards them
Any sort of proper communication would put the community on their side. Still I don't know why they choose to remain quiet. They came out with a roadmap for AFL, the same could have been done to other games too. People will at least know when they can play the game again when the basic things are fixed

Bevab

Staff Member

“How about I block you on Twitter instead?”

- Ross, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread