Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any sort of proper communication would put the community on their side. Still I don't know why they choose to remain quiet. They came out with a roadmap for AFL, the same could have been done to other games too. People will at least know when they can play the game again when the basic things are fixed

Even though they’re different companies I’ll keep the SI and BA parallels running and talk about what SI’s reasoning for that was.

I don’t remember if it was a well connected mod or a developer who made this response but someone on the SI forums said that the reason as to why they don’t give a clearer roadmap with precise dates was because their company wasn’t structured to work that way and because they were afraid of the potential backlash that may happen if they were forced to postpone an update due to a critical error late in development.

I don’t think I have to explain why I find both arguments to be nothing more than lane excuses. :p

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
The game was very much playable to me & i was enjoying so much until they decided to break special shots against spinners in arcade mode (No i wont change to PRO mode )....after that i m very disappointed ...& no sign of patch or at least fixing those things that were working earlier....i cant say if I've hope for a new patch or not...their negligence says it will be as it is...my optimism says they may provide one more good patch ....nut now i m loosing interest as now i don't check their X update too often like i used to do (I only used X for C24 patch update news)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The game was very much playable to me & i was enjoying so much until they decided to break special shots against spinners in arcade mode (No i wont change to PRO mode )....after that i m very disappointed ...& no sign of patch or at least fixing those things that were working earlier....i cant say if I've hope for a new patch or not...their negligence says it will be as it is...my optimism says they may provide one more good patch ....nut now i m loosing interest as now i don't check their X update too often like i used to do (I only used X for C24 patch update news)
Exactly the same issue that made me put the game aside for months. It is as if they consider it as a minor bug whereas in Arcade mode, batting is completely useless without special shots against spinners. Same goes with the front foot defence issue as well

noys390

County Cricketer
Exactly the same issue that made me put the game aside for months. It is as if they consider it as a minor bug whereas in Arcade mode, batting is completely useless without special shots against spinners. Same goes with the front foot defence issue as well

We are going on with this special shot issue to spinners over two months now. I have raised a ticket months back where it was mentioned it would be taken up. There are multiple negative reviews on steam just because of this. I suspect this game might be in a state of abondaonment.
It is remarkable that, a gameplay feature like the special shots which working in the last edition has stopped working in current one. BigAnt themselves know this, that's why at steam sale, C24 is going on discount while c22 is not.

Bevab

Staff Member
How many others have completely stopped playing because of the lack of updates?

At the very least I have. The game was taking too much space on my SSD and it felt stale. I might change that with the IPL approaching and my own fictional IPL nearly ready to be simmed but I’m not how long it’ll go.

Bevab

Staff Member
Its as was totally expected. And we all fell for it again. @MattW 's posts in December look cringeworthy now. Such a shame its all gone down this road. We need other devs to come into the market.

Can’t wait for the cycle to repeat all over again.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Its as was totally expected. And we all fell for it again. @MattW 's posts in December look cringeworthy now. Such a shame its all gone down this road. We need other devs to come into the market.
Plus they have a rugby game supposedly due this month (after two last minute delays)

Bug Ant a company of charlatans

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
How many others have completely stopped playing because of the lack of updates?
I've actually sold my ps5 because of it. C24 was virtually the only game I played anyway and seeing as it's not fit for purpose nor looks like it will be any time soon I've sold my ps5. So that's definitely one less loyal customer BA have lost through broken promises and incompetence.

Sold it weeks ago but still venture onto here to see if they ever actually fixed it.

PJ13

Club Captain
I've actually sold my ps5 because of it. C24 was virtually the only game I played anyway and seeing as it's not fit for purpose nor looks like it will be any time soon I've sold my ps5. So that's definitely one less loyal customer BA have lost through broken promises and incompetence.

Sold it weeks ago but still venture onto here to see if they ever actually fixed it.
Seems a little drastic.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Seems a little drastic.
Im drastic too sold my Xbox only played cricket 24 on it and football manager has taken over I jumped on when eng toured India but after playing 3 tests just couldn’t face all the messing about needed, I don’t mind the gameplay (in parts) just the rest of its a complete mess from having to change batting stats for every decent batter yourself to try get a genuine wicket to the scripted wickets where they will hit and hit and hit the same shit til your out to all the community work which is amazing being messed up because they copy and pasted the hub from 22 leaving stats all over the place when you do download teams. Try again in 2026 on the pc maybe one day we will have a 8/10 solid game. Maybe I’m dreaming

Users who are viewing this thread