Cricket 24 - General Discussion

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW

After the Patch Gameplay is improved , Batting looks more challenging , without having no premediate shots as earlier, Still two issues are there.

1 - AI doing two many Wides with short bow above the head, with fast bowler.
2 - Short bowl (Red Color) is too earlier .

If we get minor extra time for Short bow (Red Marker) the game will be much better for short bowl

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
very nice except I didnt tell you that you should enjoy the sound enviroment.....

I think we’ve gone to bizarro world since the latest update has come out; we have @Wealey being pessimistic and dismissive whilst others you normally see being critical attack him for not crediting the game and it’s developers.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think we’ve gone to bizarro world since the latest update has come out; we have @Wealey being pessimistic and dismissive whilst others you normally see being critical attack him for not crediting the game and it’s developers.

Haha I actually enjoy the game. It's just hard to remain quiet when you read made up things.

I'm more pessimistic about the handling of their other titles.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Haha I actually enjoy the game. It's just hard to remain quiet when you read made up things.

I'm more pessimistic about the handling of their other titles.

It is confirmation bias and I see it frequently happening in Football Manager too. They hadn’t updated the match engine for the first time in the classic winter update but you still had a few claiming that their tactics were no longer successful despite there being no changes to what would have affected it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It is confirmation bias and I see it frequently happening in Football Manager too. They hadn’t updated the match engine for the first time in the classic winter update but you still had a few claiming that their tactics were no longer successful despite there being no changes to what would have affected it.

I will say that this game does have a multitude of dismissals. Things pop up from time to time but there's like a 2 test match gap between seeing them or more.

I saw Babar rock back to Lyon and try to cut him away and get an under edge to slip.

U really have to play HOURS and then some to really know all the things that are possible.

Rhone

International Cricketer
I will say that this game does have a multitude of dismissals. Things pop up from time to time but there's like a 2 test match gap between seeing them or more.

I saw Babar rock back to Lyon and try to cut him away and get an under edge to slip.

U really have to play HOURS and then some to really know all the things that are possible.

I recently purchased the game on sale and honestly...I think its quite good so far. I'm playing a career mode with a leg spinning all-rounder and one thing I REALLY love now is that I get wickets from stumpings. The AI will occasionally try and charge down the wicket and I've picked up a few stumped dismissals by flighting one of my rippers up outside off stump for the AI to whiff at. Also...the AI playing a forward defensive onto their shoe and having it caught at short leg seems to have finally been fixed. Not had 1 yet.

Worst thing so far is the forward defensive shot to off spinners playing down the wrong line. I'm sure this bug was in Ashes and/or Cricket 19.

Fielding is better than any previous iteration...but its still poor overall. Faster throws are great but it's still the weakest part of the game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I recently purchased the game on sale and honestly...I think its quite good so far. I'm playing a career mode with a leg spinning all-rounder and one thing I REALLY love now is that I get wickets from stumpings. The AI will occasionally try and charge down the wicket and I've picked up a few stumped dismissals by flighting one of my rippers up outside off stump for the AI to whiff at. Also...the AI playing a forward defensive onto their shoe and having it caught at short leg seems to have finally been fixed. Not had 1 yet.

Worst thing so far is the forward defensive shot to off spinners playing down the wrong line. I'm sure this bug was in Ashes and/or Cricket 19.

Fielding is better than any previous iteration...but its still poor overall. Faster throws are great but it's still the weakest part of the game.

Yeah I have always maintained that if you want to rock up play a Test Series it's a very solid game.

Have always enjoyed it

Last edited:

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking some advice on whether to buy Cricket 24 now, later, or wait for the next iteration. I own all other games in the series, and I'm quite excited about Cricket 24's improved graphics, new animations, licenses, and dynamic broadcast camera angles. Also, the added details like Stuart Broad's headband and the inclusion of thigh pads for batsmen caught my eye!

I've browsed through this thread for insights, but I'd appreciate more specific information on a few points. Just for context, I use standard controls (introduced in Ashes Cricket, I believe) for batting and bowling, with both pitch marker and ball marker on while batting.
  1. Ball Vibe/Feel in Batting: How does the overall feel of the ball while batting in Cricket 24 compare to Cricket 19? For instance, in Cricket 22, a patch made pace bowling feel slow, although we could adjust with the visual speed sliders. Aside from the pitch marker issue, are there any problems with the batting settings for e.g. time window etc
  2. AI Bowling Issues: In Cricket 22, some spin types tended to bowl a lot of wides. Is this still an issue in Cricket 24? Also, as a right-handed batsman, I noticed left-arm pacers bowled predictably at the pads or wide outside leg stump in Cricket 22, at least in the early days of the game. Has this been improved?
  3. Batting Mechanics: There was a batting issue in Cricket 22 where it was not possible to hit gaps between cover and point against pace bowlers, which was later fixed. Are the batting mechanics in Cricket 24 working well? Have any new issues, similar to this, been introduced?
Thanks in advance for your insights!

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Bugant current bunch of amateur developers are known to break things with patches they themselves don't know what they are doing.So I am not surprised if they improved game unknowingly.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
@MattW

After the Patch Gameplay is improved , Batting looks more challenging , without having no premediate shots as earlier, Still two issues are there.

1 - AI doing two many Wides with short bow above the head, with fast bowler.
2 - Short bowl (Red Color) is too earlier .

If we get minor extra time for Short bow (Red Marker) the game will be much better for short bowl
AI bowling is challenging to play, finally they are varying speed, good field placements, good patch, pitch marker little late but fine as long as it's challenging, liked the improvement made in AI bowling

Users who are viewing this thread