Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
But even after editing and making display time 100 its stilll appearing too late in the last patch. As i told before i use to play by setting value at 7 in custom sliders and during last patch i was not even able to play even by setting it at 100 because the marker was not appearing based on the adjustment.
BA has fixed the issue now and the slider is working now based on the values adjusted.
If this needs to be adjusted further for people who feel 0 is early then the timing and values needs to be readjusted further.
I think it would be much clearer for people if there were fixed timings that were clearly linked to the position of the bowler in their action. (E.g. marker appears when the bowler jumps, at the ball release etc).

I'd say the same about most of these sliders otherwise it just descends into people debating / arguing about opaque values of gameplay factors most of them don't understand the impact of.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But even after editing and making display time 100 its stilll appearing too late in the last patch. As i told before i use to play by setting value at 7 in custom sliders and during last patch i was not even able to play even by setting it at 100 because the marker was not appearing based on the adjustment.
BA has fixed the issue now and the slider is working now based on the values adjusted.
If this needs to be adjusted further for people who feel 0 is early then the timing and values needs to be readjusted further.
Problem now after this patch is not pitch marker but Ball marker display on hardest difficulty, it's visible way before the ball being bowled. Devs might have tweeked ball marker display along with pitch marker. If anyone feeling hardest as tougher then they would've come down to hard or medium difficulty. We can't go up from hardest sadly.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Problem now after this patch is not pitch marker but Ball marker display on hardest difficulty, it's visible way before the ball being bowled. Devs might have tweeked ball marker display along with pitch marker. If anyone feeling hardest as tougher then they would've come down to hard or medium difficulty. We can't go up from hardest sadly.
I think the issue with Cricket 24 is that we don't have separate sliders for Ball marker and pitch marker

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Go next step...

Turn ball marker off... that's harder

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Go next step...

Turn ball marker off... that's harder
Only way to play! Pro mode no markers whatsoever. if I had my way I would ditch the name tags on the fielders as well when looking around.

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
It feels like the sweep shot(all variants) has been nerfed vs spin and fast bowling after the latest patch.
Playing on pro controls.
Also had a couple of very realistic moments in the game (which dont occur frequently enough but it's nice to notice these things from time to time)

Bevab

Staff Member
I think it would be much clearer for people if there were fixed timings that were clearly linked to the position of the bowler in their action. (E.g. marker appears when the bowler jumps, at the ball release etc).

I'd say the same about most of these sliders otherwise it just descends into people debating / arguing about opaque values of gameplay factors most of them don't understand the impact of.

I’d agree with this. We need one of the devs to communicate in detail on what each slider affects and how altering it’s values deviates from normal gameplay. Ideally you would also have a demonstration of it with either pictures or gameplay footage, the latter could also be shown in-game if there’s adequate footage.

This is the type of nitty gritty stuff you do dev diaries for instead of showcasing a bunch of already announced licenses and have devs talk about how exciting it is to bring them in game.

I’ve almost always seen positive reception from people who play games when devs go in detail about game mechanics and settings. The majority of gamers are nerds at their heart and so are the devs which explains things, it’s an easy way to foster support.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
On that note, immediately after the patch, I had the fielder missfield through his legs at point. It seemed like a real late reaction, unlike mid-on not fielding the ball that passes right by them.
It feels like the sweep shot(all variants) has been nerfed vs spin and fast bowling after the latest patch.
Playing on pro controls.
Also had a couple of very realistic moments in the game (which dont occur frequently enough but it's nice to notice these things from time to time)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
On that note, immediately after the patch, I had the fielder missfield through his legs at point. It seemed like a real late reaction, unlike mid-on not fielding the ball that passes right by them.
I played one Test match and an ODI immediately after patch, fielding is not an issue for me but overcast weather is completely absent in the game. There are few gameplay issues not at all fixed yet
1. Automatic triggering of prod pull shot animation
2. Overcast weather absence
3. Hardest difficulty.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I’d agree with this. We need one of the devs to communicate in detail on what each slider affects and how altering it’s values deviates from normal gameplay. Ideally you would also have a demonstration of it with either pictures or gameplay footage, the latter could also be shown in-game if there’s adequate footage.

This is the type of nitty gritty stuff you do dev diaries for instead of showcasing a bunch of already announced licenses and have devs talk about how exciting it is to bring them in game.

I’ve almost always seen positive reception from people who play games when devs go in detail about game mechanics and settings. The majority of gamers are nerds at their heart and so are the devs which explains things, it’s an easy way to foster support.
Or just get rid of them altogether. That'd be easier.

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
Anyone facing issue while releasing the ball on ideal in pro control? Most of the time game isn’t accepting input, first I thought my controller issue but I tried with other control too. Other bug in latest update is added is overthrow, ground fielding was already horrible now it’s unplayable

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Anyone facing issue while releasing the ball on ideal in pro control? Most of the time game isn’t accepting input, first I thought my controller issue but I tried with other control too. Other bug in latest update is added is overthrow, ground fielding was already horrible now it’s unplayable
Not faced these issues yet.

Users who are viewing this thread