Story Australian Int Season - RETIREMENT

Who will win the 3 Test Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
the replies seem to have died out a little bit. i hope your all still enjoying it. if anyone has any suggestions or anything you would like to see please do let me know. the pakistan india match is due to start in brisbane within the next hour

MWaugh

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
:happy :happy India - Pakistan :happy :happy

Always an entertaining contest!!!! If India win this they will be looking comfortable and will help a bit to reach finals!!!!!

Gud Luck to India :cheers

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
mwaugh this stuff is awesome, by far the best story i have EVER read. i hope it continues for alot longer matey. lookn forwards to the next match

Cricket_60

International Coach
MWaugh said:
the replies seem to have died out a little bit. i hope your all still enjoying it. if anyone has any suggestions or anything you would like to see please do let me know. the pakistan india match is due to start in brisbane within the next hour

MWaugh

Sorry for not replying much, I've got exams :cutit

This is without a doubt one of the best stories ever. Keep up the great work Waugh :hpraise :clap

madmick96

Club Cricketer
lots of people are reading this, this probably the longest, best story thread for a c2005 team. the best career story is probably shortlegs

MWaugh

International Coach
sorry guys i had full intentions of updating the story over the past couple of days but unfortunatly i was sick. sure it was self enforced from a huge birthday weekend but sick none the less :p. looks like ive got some time now so ill have a look and see what i can post up. - MWaugh

gary0808

Club Cricketer
Your doing a great job MWaugh. It's not how fast you update it's what you update with. BTW what is the leading thread of posts.

MWaugh

International Coach
Gary0808 said:
BTW what is the leading thread of posts.

here are the leading threads in relation to the number of replies

and here is the leading threads in regards to number of views (my thread was actually around the 8000 mark when it was resetted while editing the poll)

MWaugh

International Coach
Rana Returns

Pakistan have made just the one change to the their team ahead of the much anticipated clash against India at the GABBA starting today. After a pounding at the hands of a strong Australian outfit, the tourists have brought in paceman Rana Naved-ul-Hasan to replace the batting allrounder Shoaib Malik.

The team looked to lack firepower in their bowling department after Shoaib Akthar and Mohammad Sami had finished their early spell, and it is hoped that Naved will had extra depth to the team as they bid to qualify for the VB finals.

(Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer casts a careful eye over Rana Naved before his return to the side for the clash against India)

Pakistan Team:
1. Salman Butt
2. Shahid Afridi
3. Inzamam-ul-Haq
4. Mohammed Yousef
5. Younis Khan
6. Abdul Razzaq
7. Kamran Akmal
8. Mohammad Sami
9. Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Danish Kaneria

MWaugh

International Coach
India Add Depth

Mohammed Kaif has been introduced to the Indian team ahead of the match against Pakistan at Brisbane. After being restriced to only 233 from their 50 overs in the previous clash with the old firm in Hobart, coach Greg Chappell has brought Kaif, a batsman, into the team at the expense of RP Singh. Singh was very expensive in the clash with Pakistan, going for over 70 and only taking the 1 wicket.

Greg Chappell highlighted the importance of this match when he spoke to reporters at yesterday afternoons training session.

"If we can get a slight break away from Pakistan in regards to the points table then we will go along way to qualifying for the final series, which is where we want to be at the end of this competition. We learnt alot from our defeat in game 3, we know that we needed extra depth in our batting and i feel confident that we can take the 4 points from this match"

Greg Chappell
(Indian Coach)

India Team:
1. Mahendra Dhoni (wk)
2. Virender Sehwag (vc)
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Rahul Dravid (c)
5. VVS Laxman
6. Yuvraj Sing
7. Mohammad Kaif
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Sreesanth

(Greg Chappell chats to Mohammed Kaif ahead of his debut in the VB series)

Last edited:

MWaugh

International Coach
Match Introduction - Coin Toss

GAME 5

"This pitch looks very good for batting so today i think we will have a bat first. Everybody is feeling really confident and we want to set the standard and put the pressure on our opponents. This is a very important game and we know that, I feel we may be in a better position if we are in control of this match from the start"

Rahul Dravid
(Indian Captain)

"From my personal memory the Brisbane ground plays well all through the match so there shouldnt be a problem as to when we bat. We really want to get back on a winning note and put our foot back into the door and into the finals which are fast approaching. There is still a few games left to go but its just so important to give yourself the best opportunity. Im sure our bowlers will go hard at the Indian batsmen"

Inzamam-ul-Haq
(Pakistan Captain)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I hope India shd win this to be comfortable in finals!!!!

Gud Luck India!!!

MWaugh

International Coach

The teams have taken to the field ahead of the much anticipated clash at the GABBA. Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami will look to continue their hot form from the Australian match while Mahendra Dhoni and Virender Sehwag have looked the goods at the top of the Indian order.

Users who are viewing this thread