Story India's Journey To WCup,Special Edition-Johnnie Walker is back!

Who will win this ICC World Cup?

• The Powerless, West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Ireland

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
fourthumpire6sb.jpg

( With RaviShastri and Ian Bishop )

R.S : Welcum to the fourth Umpire for the end of Day4's play... Its been a fantastic day for Indians so for and Lara is the only hope for Windies now!!! What do u think Ian?

I.B : Indian bowlers have done a quite fantastic job so for...They sticked to the basics and did the basics right i.e i mean the line and length was almost accurate except very few wrong lines!!! Lara can turn this match anyway... There are several batsmen like Sachin,Lara,Ponting etc who have the capability of taking the team to victory point even single handedly!!! Definitely Dravid must be aiming Lara now!!!

R.S : Yep Ian.. Though all the bowlers done their job well, there was one bowler who was exceptional in all the overs... Its Munaf Patel who got seven maidens in a row and this is the first time for him!!!

This is how he bowled today,

IMPRESSIVE MUNAF!!!

munafmap0ea.jpg

I.B : Thats true... He was threatening almost all the batsmen so for.. Even Lara was not able to play freely against Munaf!!! Almost Edwards and Munaf were similar but Munaf was slightly better in utilising the bouncers and swing!!! Ofcourse both have great future ahead!!!

R.S : :cool: Thats true!!! What do u think of Dravid's captaincy so for... especially that strange field change which worked for India?

I.B : I was really wondering when he gathered his men in offside and left the legside empty... This reminds me McGrath bowling with 9slips :) ... Dravid's strategy tempted the batsmen to go for legside forcing them to commit suicide... Gayle and Hinds sacrificed their wickets for nothing though they seemed to be settled!!!

R.S : "Tempting"... I think thats the right word to be used!!! But Lara and Chanderpaul played watchfully and prevented the further damage. But Chanderpaul also sacrificed his wicket in the last minute of the day!!!

I.B : I enjoyed Lara's innings!!! Its always entertaining to watch Lara,Sachin,Ponting,Gilchrist,Pieterson etc going over the bowlers and ball flying in all directions!!! About Chanderpaul's innings, well i dont like to comment on it as its his carelessness and there was no need for such a shot, that too at the last ball and when the team needed more from him!!! I feel Lara played a responsible role throughout!!!

R.S : Yep, Lara started with a watchful innings and now in fine touch almost punishing every ball he faces!!!

This is how Lara has played so for,

BRIAN LARA Vs INDIA

spidergr6ft.jpg
wagonwheel2sx.jpg

I.B : Actuall i feel still more expected to come from Lara tommorrow!!! He is holding the key for Windies now!!! Many of those boundaries came last 30 minutes... So if he continues the current form, he might continue to go over the bowlers right from the morning!!!

R.S : Thats doubtful Ian as morning session has always supported the bowlers!!! If Lara is going to hangon there, then Windies might aim for the victory also... So it all depends on the crucial morning session!!!

So what do u think about the result tmrw?

I.B : :) its still unpredictable... According to the equation of getting 311 from 90 overs with Lara at the crease is possible... but Windies might be looking for a draw first and make sure they are not loosing wickets in the morning session!!!

R.S : Thts from Windies point of view... Well in Indian's point of view, they have keybowlers like Kumble and Munaf... So if they get Lara early, India have more chances of making a match from there!!! But I feel there are more possibility of a draw!!!

I.B : who knws :rolleyes: There is lot of uncertainity in cricket now a days.. The game might go in anyway... But i agree with u that Kumble is tough to face on a fifth day pitch!!!

R.S : Summarising the scores,

WINDIES BATTING CARD

scre1231rn.jpg

INDIAN BOWLING CARD

bowlcard5to.jpg

Well thats all we have from Fourth Umpire... We will be back with u for more detailed analysis at end of the match tmrw!!!

Its going to be a very very crucial morning session... Watch all the thrills and actions LIVE only on STARSPORTS and enjoy the match!!!! Till then Gud bye from us.

I.B : Bye. :)

COPYRIGHT RESERVED
star1bt.jpg

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
STAR SPORTS BOWLER OF THE DAY

MUNAF PATEL

image281jz.jpg

MUNAF's SPELL

munafhawk6gw.jpg

Munaf Patel, Indian Right arm Medium fast bowler displayed a great quality pace attack on Day4 against WestIndies in the first test!!! This spell of 8 overs with seven consecutive maidens was conisdered by him as one of the unforgettable spells bowled so for in his life including the domestic level.

HOLDING TALKS ABOUT MUNAF!!!

holding7ih.jpg

Its after a long time, i am seeing a quality pace attack from Indians!!! I ve seen Javagal Srinath bowling like this with quality for India!!! Munaf has bowled extremely well and he has learned a lot and playing a matured cricket too!!! This Kid has a bright future ahead....Only thing he has to do his maintaining his physical fitness... Normally I ve observed with Indian fast bowlers that they begin to loose the speed with increase in years they play... we have seen Pathan,ZaheerKhan etc lost their speed now!!! So if Munaf maintains the good pace and good line in future, definitely he will be in the history of cricket books soon...

--- Michael Holding(1975/76 - 1986/87, WestIndies )

COPYRIGHT RESERVED
star1bt.jpg

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
STREET TALK

streettalk4lf.jpg

Yuvraj Singh never ceases to amaze, and his century proves he is a valued player in the Indian team! Go India!

We have seen everything in this match! Chris Gayle in a sedate mood, this would make the headlines!

--- Hamish,PlanetCricket

India should declare I think after making another 50 runs or so,that would get the opposition aiming to chase the score giving India more chances(and more time) of taking wickets.

--- Sid, PC

yuvraj finally makes a century

---blackleopard92,PC

I wouldn't just say Kumble is the key, he is a major part, but I would give part time spinners like Tendulkar, Sehwag and Y Singh a few overs, they might help.

---PhilD123,PC

* Cant believe a player like Gayle can play so defensively.
* Lets hope Munaf does what Pathan failed to do. Improve.

---m_vaughan,PC
* The Indian's should give him a few bouncer's and deliveries around the rib cage

* I'd be backing the Windies to draw this one with Lara still at the crease. I suppose if any batsmen gets settled it will be tough to get rid of them on a 5th day pitch.

---Cricket_60,PC

Wow 4 maidens from patel.
India need to pick up a wicket. And it must be gayle trying to tease them thats why he is defensive

---afridi25,PC

* Windies are playing too defensive..
* Well lets say atleast a "good" start by Lara

---Farrukh,PC

* That man Lara, again.
* Oh yes! Memories of Moin Khan, anyone? Hopefully India will pick up the crucial wickets in the morning session tomorrow to allow us to get the win.

---sohummisra,PC

* As usual the Windies rely on Brian Charles Lara. They might aswell just name the place after him. They are no chance to get near India for my money.

* A good way to finish off the day for India with a wicket. The tourists should take the last 7 wickets to win on day 5.

---Short Leg,PC

go lara. this is what this series needs. the prince (lara) and the maestro (tendulkar) going at it like true champions do

---MWaugh,PC

great game this is and with Lara there they could be in a shout of drawing this match

---Treva,PC
excellent match! should be a tense finish. if lara goes early you shuld wrap up the match quickly.

---Sami,PC

Lara is the key. If he stays in the West Indies are in with a chance of drawing or possibly winning this match.

--- Leftie,PC

Now if India gets Lara's wicket in the 1st session then India are winning this one....also Kumble will be dangerous on the last day

---Gamerkid22,PC

COPYRIGHT RESERVED
star1bt.jpg

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
star7tx.jpg

8:00am

DAY 5, JUDGEMENT DAY FOR THE FIRST BATTLE!!!!

Welcum to the star sports morning 8 package on Day5 of the first test between India and WestIndies!!! This is an important day for both the teams as the results of Victory( for both India and Windies ) and Draw are all possible... So the first test had reached the stage of "Survival of the fittest ".

There is a lovely fresh atmosphere maintained in the stadium at the moment... There are few fans already in the stadium as its the final day!!! Also the players are found practicing hard for the game!!!

DAY5 PREPARATIONS!!!!

day518xc.jpg
day520ta.jpg

As usual both the captains are in the middle inspecting the conditions!!! Its important for Lara to hold the key for Windies!!! If Lara contuinues through out the day then there are more chances for their victory!!!

At the same time, Dravid knows the importance of Lara!!! Its going to be interesting to see the methods that are going to be used by Dravid to stop this mighty Windies batsman(Lara)!!!

The entire Indian team was found practicing extremely hard in the nets!!! Infact there is a doubt whether they slept previous night!!! The coach and captain were found busy with the players!!!

INDIANS PRACTICING HARD FOR THE "Mission: Victory"

munafpractice0zf.jpg

The ultimate aim for both the teams is to save the match from loosing!!! Both the teams have the chance to win this game..But Windies have to be very very careful of the morning session!!!!

Thats all from the stadium at the moment... Still few hours left for the start of the play!!! All actions coming LIVE only on STAR SPORTS!!! Stay Tuned!!!

COPYRIGHT RESERVED
star1bt.jpg

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
FLASH NEWS --- LAXMAN MIGHT RETURN HOME!!!

accidentinnets0jj.jpg

Accident in Practice Nets
:-

VVS Laxman, who missed the first test due to injury, is facing more trouble now!!! He practiced today in the nets after a long time break with the idea of giving Indian bowlers more practice!!! He was injured in the practice session at the last minute when the team was ready to leave the nets. The injury seems to be more serious as he was taken in a stretcher to the hospital nearby!!!

NEWS YET TO BE CONFIRMED :
Indian star batsmen,Laxman may leave Westindies and return home for full treatment. But this news is not confirmed though!!!

We will bring you the full details about this in the Lunch session.

Coming Up...

INDIA Vs WESTINDIES( Day5, LIVE )

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
DAY5 STARTS!!!

Pitch And Weather Report :

The pitch has some moisture that will assist the fast bowler early in the session!!! Weather is beautiful to play cricket and we should be getting the full day's play.

WINDIES HOPE GETS SHATTERED....

The players came from the dressing room following the umpires!!! There was Huge crowd in the stadium starting their music very early!!! Lara who was in fine touch yesterday was in the striker's end. Dravid decided to start the day with Agarkar. The umpire asked the bowler to proceed!!!

LARA DEPARTS

laraout4nd.jpg

There was a huge roar when the first delivery was bowled... And the very first delivery was smashed by Lara but the ball went to the fileder... So no runs were taken.

Dravid was clear of attacking strategy of Lara!!! He went to Ajit and had a chat...Agarkar was mixing the pace nicely and moving the ball... In the same over, Agarkar bowled a slow delivery, Lara wanting to go over it, smashed the ball in the air hoping to clear the fileder in the middle.. but unfortunately, the ball didnt get the distance and went towards the direction of Sachin there!!!

SACHIN TAKING AN EASY CATCH TO SEND LARA TO PAVILION!!!

laraout27tm.jpg

Sachin had taken a lot of catches at that point in his life... So this gets added to his many... He took a lolly pop catch dismissing Lara!!!

This is a huge blow for Windies... might put an end to Windies hope of victory!!! Sachin was dancing and celebrating with Dravid and his team... The entire team got excited very much and also the coach in the dressing room!!!

Dravid's strategy of operating with Agarkar worked again!!! Also Agarkar has dismissed Lara in both the innings!!!!

BRAVO JOINS SARWAN...

laraout13ih.jpg

Bravo is the new batsman replacing Lara in the middle!!! He has played well in the first innings!!! So still there is hope for Windies to draw this match with Sarwan and Bravo at the crease!!!

WI : 98/4

Lara --- 47 dismissed by Agarkar.
Sarwan --- 0*
Bravo --- 0*

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Lara gone. Well only a matter of time before India go 1-0 up.

Anyways, there is some bad news with the injury to Laxman that might rule him out the remaining three games.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Great stroy, damn one of best I've seen.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
:clap indeed Usy! One of the best stories around! 98/4 ... i dont think Windies can win this.. also Lara is gone..

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
WINDIES IN DEEP TROUBLE!!!!

After Lara's departure, Dravid was shuffling the bowlers to try somthing different with Agarkar conctant at one end.

Dravid brought Munaf at other where Sachin was bowling the prevoius day, and just gave him one over and then he introduced Kumble from the same and finally brought Sachin at that end back and Kumble in Agarkar's end!!! This is really a great shuffling of bowlers by the skipper!!!

BRAVO COMMITS SUICIDE!!!

bravoout14kk.jpg

Sachin was bowling really well with good line!!! Flippers are always handy in cricket... Sachin utilised that effectively. He bowled a flipper... Bravo attempted an ordinary shot with more power that made the ball to go in the air very flat to the fielder,Kumble.

SOFT DISMISSAL & SACHIN GETS HIS SECOND WICKET!!!

bravoout25qw.jpg

Kumble did not find difficult to take that simple catch..he took with a ease!!! Sachin got excited as it was his second wicket...The entire team got together and celebrated this moment.

They were happy becos Bravo has the capabilty to play big knocks...So another cruicial blow for Windies!!!! Bravo was disappointed at the replay in the big screen as it was one of the softest dismissal in cricket!!!

RAMDIN IN PRESSURE

bravoout31do.jpg

Ramdin is the new batsman replacing Bravo in the middle!!!! Windies dressing room is mounted with loads of pressure!!!

" Will Windies atleast draw this match??? " This is the big question that is wide spread among windies fans!!!!

WI : 105/5( 53 Overs, 11:28am, Day 5)

Bravo --- 5 dismissed by Sachin.
Need 304 to win.

Users who are viewing this thread