Story India's Journey To WCup,Special Edition-Johnnie Walker is back!

Who will win this ICC World Cup?

• The Powerless, West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Ireland

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters
Hmmm,India v West Indies
Would be damn interesting with both teams in fine fine form.
But id' still back India here.
Btw,where is the match going to be played ?

Can you also update the first page showing the results summary of the ICC CT ? Coz its kinda hard to go back in the pages,instead summarizing it on Page 1 would be nice.
Once again great presentation.

iceman_waugh said:
Hmmm,India v West Indies
Would be damn interesting with both teams in fine fine form.
But id' still back India here.
Btw,where is the match going to be played ?

Can you also update the first page showing the results summary of the ICC CT ? Coz its kinda hard to go back in the pages,instead summarizing it on Page 1 would be nice.
Once again great presentation.

Thanks... Regarding the stadiums, yet to decide it! :)

Regarding the links, updated already mate.

* in first page, i just gave a link to the Main menu.
* After clicking the main menu,

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=588370&postcount=1284

The above wud appear where the summaries of all matches played so far is there! It contains the links for respective matches too!

Hope it helps you! :)

:happy Also Thanks everyone for the nice comments and views :happy

Last edited:
starpw7.jpg
Special

guestareaxf7.jpg

Ravi Shastri:- Welcome to The Star Sports Guest Area, which is the show exclusive for viewers! We will go directly to Sunil Gavaskar and Geoffrey who are waiting to communicate with our special Guest!

S.G :- Once again welcome back to Star Sports! Now, its time for the our special Guest in " Guest Area ". Also we have Mr.Geoffrey again with us, to interact with the our special Guest!

S.G :- Well Geoffrey, lets straight away get into this with ur introduction about the special guest ;)

G.B :- Sure Sunil :) Well, the guest today is one of the Windies fans who was supporting them even in DLF cup.

S.G :- Then he shd be happy by now becos of the great win by his favourite team :)

G.B :- :) Ok, let me intrdouce him to this show.. His name is " Mr.Treva " !

S.G :- A warm welcome to Mr.Treva in this show. Now Lets straight away interact with our Special Guest ;)

( .... Connecting Mr.Treva .... )

S.G :- Hello Mr.Trev and happy to have you on this show. We guess that you are also happy to see ur favourite team qualifying for next round but still half way to go!

Ok, Geoffrey will start with the questions now :)

G.B :- Hello Trev and here is the question from me, prbly a general question :p

Whats ur view on this match in general?

guestarea1hl7.jpg

S.G :- There u are.. " Contributions from all the bowlers ". This is what, actually the difference lies. With batting getting easier in late stages, if bowlers haven't striked in right time, Kallis wud have taken the game from Windies. Comparing to this, Nel striked with three quick wickets only in last stages of the game where Lara was already dominating with support of Chanderpaul.

G.B :- Added to this, fielders were responsible.. Without those brilliant catches, i dont think bowlers wud have striked. ;)

S.G :- Yup, both fielders and bowlers played a major joint role in Windies victory :) And Here is my question Trev,

Do u think that Smith made a big mistake of choosing to bowl as batting became bit difficult under lights?

guestarea2dw2.jpg

G.B :- It was similar thing said by Smith in presentation that " Strategy did not work out becos of Lara "! Lara dominated all the bowlers and played an responsible captain's role!

S.G :- As Trev said, it shd have been interesting to see if Lara have departed early! Windies need either Gayle or Lara to stike.. If both fails, Windies might have struggled more.

S.G :- Its like Tendulkar doing for India ;) Ok Trev, here is the final question,

Well, Windies have displayed hardwork right from DLF series in all ( batting,fielding & bowling ).... do u think Windies are favourites for this trophy too?

guestarea3kr5.jpg

S.G :- Yeah correct.. Bangladesh have suprised everyone by beating Aussies & England. Definitely the competetion is growing tougher and tougher as the level progresses... i.e Semi finals might be a more tough battle!

G.B :- And regarding India, well semi finals wud decide either India or Windies to progress further as these two teams are meeting in semi finals with NZ-Bangla in other semi finals.

S.G :- Thanks Trev for all ur nice views! :)

G.B :- Also we had a nice little convo with our special guest and we will be continuing in remaining matches also... Any one of you viewers may get a chance.... So keep ur eyes opened :)

S.G :- Also Thanx Geoffrey for being with us again and that concludes this Guest Area! Hope everyone enjoyed it! We will be back for the next match between NewZealand and Bangladesh! Till then bye from us!

G.B :- Bye everyone :)

starup0.jpg

Copyrights Reserved

Last edited:
WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Thats the end of the Evening Tonight.We hope all u enjoyed. We will be back again in thenext match. Till Then .............bye .....from us.

Looks like combined story is going on here :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just to make this clear I was a neutral in this match as I like both teams :)

As m_vaughan pointed out it looks like I used "To Be Honest" quite a few times :p

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
Thats the end of the Evening Tonight.We hope all u enjoyed. We will be back again in thenext match. Till Then .............bye .....from us.

lol funny! :rtfl

gamerkid22 said:
Looks like combined story is going on here
Kshitiz_Indian said:
Its strange, why would WC post this kind of stuff ?

I dont find anything strange in the post.. members are free to give their views!

treva said:
Just to make this clear I was a neutral in this match as I like both teams

oh.. i thought that u were on Windies side from the way u supported Windies in DLF cup ;) Also, i guess u are quite happy with that photo.. Since u didnt send one, i took it from PCA story! :)

Can you change it please as the cutting is appaling :(
I'm annoyed i didn't send you one!

here ya go suren if you could cheange it for me :D

meeeeec6.png

starpw7.jpg
LIVE
ctmainlogokz1.jpg

Battle Of The Champions --- Part IV
( Semi Finals Edition )

Welcome to the " Battle of The Champions ", a special edition for the semi finals.

Bangladesh, NewZealand, India and WestIndies are the four teams that have progressed to the semi finals of this Champions Trophy. Also another interesting thing is, all the four teams made a tough battle to progress to this level which implies that none of the teams are ready to give up till the last second that inturn raises the competition even more in this semifinals. Now we will have a look at the progress and expectations of these four teams in semi finals of this series.

Bangladesh

The entry of team " Bangladesh" into the semi finals is one of the biggest suprise. This young side have displayed lots of promising signs and proved that " Never never underestimate anything just by the name "!

Progress of the Team :

Bangladesh played an extra elimination round because of the team's rankings to qualify for the pre liminary round. Their first match was against England which is one of stronger oppositions in Cricket. Bangladesh, to everyone's suprise, set the huge target of 320+ with many promising batting displays. May be the credits would go for the flat track. In the second session, they did the basics of the bowling in a right way which took the winning position after the wicket of Pietersen and won the close match by 3 runs.

The shocking victory over England forced them to paly against one of the best teams in the world, Australia. It was expected that Aussies would make it at ease. The expectations remained the same even when Bangladesh set the target of just around 230+. But the fear came in, when Mortaza & Razzak damaged the top order. And then tension came for Aussies when Ponting was left alone that too in non striker's end in last over with just 7 Runs and 1 Wicket in hand. And then came the disappointment in Aussies dressing room when Bangladesh had another amazing victory over the mighty world champions by 2 Runs.

Expectations In SemiFinals :

With Lots of promising signs already displayed, the attention of almost all the cricketing nations have turned towards this Bangladesh. Expectations have raised and infact its 1000times higher than the expectations while entering this series. Bangladesh are going to face NewZealand which is definitely not going to be easy... But in ODIs, anything is possible. :)

NewZealand

NewZealand is one of the challenging side in cricket. Kiwis under Fleming's captaincy is always going to be a tough one.

Progress of the Team :

This team have played against SriLanka in the pre liminary round. Bond was the main bowler who threaten to destroy Lankans in the initial stage itself. with the help of Jayasuriya, Lankans fixed the target of around 230+ for Kiwis. Top order failed horribly. It was expected that Lankans wud finish Kiwis soon with Murali, but all of a sudden, Marshall with some support, took his side to a victory. It was almost an one man display from Marshall. The victoy was another thrilling one in the series where Marshall got a last ball six that helped Kiwis to win by 1 wicket.

Expectations In SemFinals :

The expectations are good for this side. But, as Bangladesh have already suprised Aussies & England, Kiwis are forced to be bit more alert in semi finals. Lots of expectation is on Bond to be a main threaten. Its the top order of Kiwis that lowers the overall expectations a bit but still competetive enough to progress to finals :)

semifinalsbannerqc1.jpg

India

The home team always have a great support everywhere they play cricket. Another tough side in the list for semi finals.

Progress of the Team :

This team played against their biggest Cricketing rival, " Pakistan ". India-Pakistan is always as sensational and battles like Ashes. Pakistan batted brilliantly and all the bowlers struggled in this match. It may be due to the flat track. With huge target of 300+, Indians started watchfully and it was Tendulkar who threatened all the bowlers. With Dhoni, Yuvraj in later stages, India got to commanding position. But with dismissal of Tendulkar in final over, Pressure was on Agarakar to hit the final victory runs in last ball. To everyone's suprise, Agarkar smashed a huge six off Ahktar which made India to win in the last second by 3 wickets.

The expectations are always very high on home conditions. Apart from this, everyone's eyes are on one man.. Sachin Tendulkar. With some good bowling and great batting line up, the expectations on this side is great, even to win this trophy ;)

WestIndies

More than the team's confidence, the captain's(Lara's) confidence is higher. Windies is one of the hard working teams in cricket and have entered this tournament carrying the loads of confidence from DLF cup by defeating Aussies.

Progress of the Team :

WestIndies played against SouthAfrica in the preliminary round which is the last match played in that round. WestIndies showed brilliant skills in fielding along with the great support from bowlers. In batting, Lara took WestIndies almost single handely to the comfortable position setting a challenging target of 280+. In bowling, all the bowlers did well and with the help of excellent fielding display, Windies won the match against SouthAfrica by 27 Runs. Kallis remained as the only threat though Pollock & Boje tried to some extent. Collymore,Edwards,Bradshaw,Banks and Gayle..all contributed well in the bowling department!

The series win in DLF cup have raised the expectations of the team. Expectations on Lara,Gayle,Chanderpaul, Sarwan, Collymore and Banks are high though Lara likely to hold the main key for Windies. Facing India in Indian conditions is somewhat tough but hard work is the key factor for entire team! :)

So all the four teams look very strong and waiting for the battle to start. Thats all we have from the Battle of The Champions! We will be back to u soon for the first semi finals between NewZealand and Bangladesh! Till then Bye from the Studio.

ICC Chhampions trophy Schedule( Click To See The Summary & Results of Matches played so far )

Battle Of Champions,Part I ( Click To See )

Battle of Champions,PartII ( Click to See )

Battle of Champions,PartIII ( Click to See )

starpw7.jpg

CopyRights Reserved

Last edited:
Cant wait to see Semi Final editions :p . Pressue And Temperamnet Both r rising . :upray

by gosh suren, amazin updates keep it goin, forget SOTM, even Story of the Year you should be aiming for the Best story in the history of PC

plympilgrim said:
by gosh suren, amazin updates keep it goin, forget SOTM, even Story of the Year you should be aiming for the Best story in the history of PC

i totallly Agree with u :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread