Nads Review of Cricket2005 [PS2] - Terrible game,Full of bugs!

Nads

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nads Review

I got the game today for bloody ?35 for PS2! and i must say its the worst ever cricket game ive ever ever played! Its 10 years back from cricket2004 instead of moving forward can u believe they moved back a long step?

The game is full of bugs! There are more bugs in this game than the 2004 one, although the bugs are different from last time!

Example of some bugs ive witnessed:
-DUCK SHOWING WHEN PLAYER GOT OUT ON SCORE OF 23 [THIS HAPPENED 4-5 TIMES ON DIFFERENT SCORES]
-THE NON STRIKER IS OUT OF THE CREASE WALKING AROUND LIKE HES TRYING TO DOGE THE BALL AND THE FIELDER DOESNT RUN HIM OUT!
-FIELDERS SLIDING ON GROUNDS, FLOATING, U NAME IT THEY DO EVERYTHING THERE NOT SUPPOSED TO!

The other most ridiculous thing about the game and most annoying is the faces are totally ****e! In the pakistan squad there is only one player with real face and that is shoaib akhtar!!!! they couldnt even bother with the rest , how difficult is it to put a beard on INZImum! They were showing off theree graphics earlier, but that was all fake, they have like 1 real face for each team, even 2004 had better faces!

The other worsest thing about the gameplay is the slowness of the game and the crappy difficulty level of batting even on easy mode! Im a expert in 2004 and even blic but in this game the batting is made so crap that i cant even hit a realistic shot!
Another thing which is so crap about the batting is that u cant get a boundary with the 4hit button unless u use the power button which is pathetic! The game is definetly a waste of money! i wouldnt even buy this for ?5 now!would rather buy 2004 instead!

I can go on and on about the bad things and bugs i found in only playing 3 matches[10 overs each], but ill stop here!

Now for the few good things!
Bowling is much more improved but still difficult to take proper wickets and get edges!
fielding looks much better than before but still has too many bugs init, also no misfeilds any more!

You know this game reminds me of a game which has just been made and has to go through the testing phase of the developement cycle! and instead of giving it to a proper beta/alpha testing QA team they give it to us to buy!
Its definetly incomplete! Infact nowhere near even 60% complete!

Since the news of blic and cricket2005 i have constantly supported EA above coddies and this is wat they give me!? screw them the aS*holes, they should be beaten to death until our money is paid back! I think EA SPORTS deserve to be SUED for selling us a game like this!?! They have cheated us, wat do u guys think?

To tell u the truth i would recommend everyone to pay ?30 for the demo of blic rather than this full game! trully dissopointing!BTW the pc version is much better than PS2 in terms of graphics and speed!

my Rating: 2.5/10

PS: if i find any improvements over next few days in anything in the game than i will edit and post new views! but at the moment i feel thats almost impossible!

rickyp

International Coach
Nads said:
Nads Review

I got the game today for bloody ?35 for PS2! and i must say its the worst ever cricket game ive ever ever played! Its 10 years back from cricket2004 instead of moving forward can u believe they moved back a long step?

The game is full of bugs! There are more bugs in this game than the 2004 one, although the bugs are different from last time!

-DUCK SHOWING WHEN PLAYER GOT OUT ON SCORE OF 23 [THIS HAPPENED 4-5 TIMES ON DIFFERENT SCORES]
-THE NON STRIKER IS OUT OF THE CREASE WALKING AROUND LIKE HES TRYING TO DOGE THE BALL AND THE FIELDER DOESNT RUN HIM OUT!
-FIELDERS SLIDING ON GROUNDS, FLOATING, U NAME IT THEY DO EVERYTHING THERE NOT SUPPOSED TO!

The other most ridiculous thing about the game and most annoying is the faces are totally ****e! In the pakistan squad there is only one player with real face and that is shoaib akhtar!!!! they couldnt even bother with the rest , how difficult is it to put a beard on INZImum! They were showing off theree graphics earlier, but that was all fake, they have like 1 real face for each team, even 2004 had better faces!

The other worsest thing about the gameplay is the slowness of the game and the crappy difficulty level of batting even on easy mode! Im a expert in 2004 and even blic but in this game the batting is made so crap that i cant even hit a realistic shot!
Another thing which is so crap about the batting is that u cant get a boundary with the 4hit button unless u use the power button which is pathetic! The game is definetly a waste of money! i wouldnt even buy this for ?5 now!would rather buy 2004 instead!

I can go on and on about the bad things and bugs i found in only playing 3 matches[10 overs each], but ill stop here!

Bowling is much more improved but still difficult to take proper wickets and get edges!
fielding looks much better than before but still has too many bugs init, also no misfeilds any more!

You know this game reminds me of a game which has just been made and has to go through the testing phase of the developement cycle! and instead of giving it to a proper beta/alpha testing QA team they give it to us to buy!

Since the news of blic and cricket2005 i have constantly supported EA above coddies and this is wat they give me!? screw them the aS*holes, they should be beaten to death until our money is paid back! I think EA SPORTS deserve to be SUED for selling us a game like this!?! They have cheated us, wat do u guys think?

To tell u the truth i would recommend everyone to pay ?30 for the demo of blic rather than this full game! trully dissopointing!BTW the pc version is much better than PS2 in terms of graphics and speed!

PS: if i find any improvements over next few days in anything in the game than i will edit and post new views! but at the moment i feel thats almost impossible!

Maybe you just suck at it, its easy to dance a boundary, and its also easy to hit a realistic shot

humtum

School Cricketer
There is missfield in the game. I noticed it while playing the demo. I think u r just angery cuz its hard for u to bat :help

willv88

Club Cricketer
rickyp how do u have the game already living in australia. even if u did order it from england they cant ship it here that quick.

Hero

Club Captain
Nads said:
Nads Review

You review seem not so fair to me as have not mentioned any valid enough points to convince others or may be this game is too bad on ps2.

I think the difficulty level of batting is pulling away many people from this game and nothing else and we will need an ai patch to make it easier.Otherwise,it is looking better than cricket2004.As anybody knows,mostly people buy this game for batting.I think everybody should prefer to purchase this game on pc where batting can be made easier and ai can be made more smarter.

Last edited:

willv88

Club Cricketer
jeez man take a joke. whats he got somethin like 29 centuries, hes a legend man i was just jokin, took it a bit 2 far though appologies people. SORRY.

honestly if anyone is offended about what i said i am truly sorry. i apologise for what i said. hes a champion and i took it too far. sorry guys.

Users who are viewing this thread