A Brand New Way to Edit Lineups

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have found a new way to edit line ups, and it is quite simple for Cricket 2005.

You will need :

1) A Keyboard

2) A controller, any kind, that works with Cricket 2005 for 1 over.

(If you play with a controller normally, then you will require 2 controllers)

Here is what you do :

1st ) Go into Cricket 2005 and do your thing; make a game. When selecting controllers for the teams, put the controller/keyboard you want to use on the team you wish to use, and put the other controller/keyboard on the opposing team.

2nd ) Pick line ups, it will allow you to pick for both teams.

3rd ) Play 1 over, and try to play with both controllers at the same time :help . I do this by having the bowling side bowl a maiden, or to make it accurate, bowl maybe a no-ball and a wide.

4th ) Save the game, and exit Cricket 2005.

5th ) Unplug the controller for the opposing team, and reload Cricket 2005.

6th ) Open the saved game.

7th ) Now the opposing team will play as the CPU side, and you can continue and play your game with the lineups YOU want.

I'd appreciate any comments with this method. I have tried this method several times in EXHIBITION Mode, but have not tried it in a series yet.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i think this method would work but i do not have a controller.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Not even a cheap one? :p

any1 else try this? Im planning to make a patch out of this information for those without controllers, and to make it a little less of a hassle, but i need feedback

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
awesome. i have a controller, so i will try it in a minute and let you know. if this works you are seriously a legend my friend!

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
didnt work in a test series. hmmm, i set up the game, chose the lineups. bowled one over with the keyboard and then saved, exited cricket 2005 and unplugged my controller. then i reopened the game and loaded up my match. but the batsmen were still wanting to be run by the controller. i will try unistalling my controller then giving it another go.

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
ok i got it working in all forms of the game. what i had to was was completely uninstall the controller, then restart. thanks alot, this is makes the game so much better.

subhash_i

School Cricketer
Please make a editor out of thsis info so that people without two conrollers also will be able to edit cpu lineups.It would be a great achivement for playing cricket 2005 if you can do it

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I need more support for this, before I start. It would take some time, and I need to know if this method is working right now for everyone. If it is, then I can go ahead with this patch, and I already have a few ideas.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd hold off for the moment if I were you as I believe Prakash is making an mch editor which will do all this but more easily.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
barmyarmy said:
I'd hold off for the moment if I were you as I believe Prakash is making an mch editor which will do all this but more easily.

Oh really. Will we be able to edit default line ups of all teams? If yes, then it would be awesome!

I too would ask zMario to wait!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
saisrini80 said:
Oh really. Will we be able to edit default line ups of all teams? If yes, then it would be awesome!

I too would ask zMario to wait!

If you've been checking the thread you'll know that it only edits mch files and not the defaults.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I have decided, to make this patch, and complete this in less than 1 week. For those who want to see how fast I do this, its 168 hours.

Anyway, here are the goals I wish to accomplish by the end of this 1 week.

1) Pick both team's sides.

2) Be able to pick the teams without having to plug in another controller.

3) Not having to save the game and return to the desktop, and relaunch.

4) Including Adware on it. LETS GO GATOR COMPANY!!! lol Im Joking :p

5) To install, I plan on making my own .exe , which will fix this.

Thats about it, any comments? I also plan on releasing an AI Patch to go along with this.

Users who are viewing this thread