20 Feb - Kenya vs New Zealand

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its good to have low ranked teams bat first as the matches get over quickly rather than dragging on.

It would have been nice to get some of our batsmen into form though

ferg512

International Coach
Bennett bowled alright but those same deliveries could well have got smashed against good opposition. Lets not forget he went for 70 odd from 8 overs against Ireland just a week ago. I suppose the'll play Bennett now instead of Mills??

Params7

International Cricketer
This is just sad, Kenya got steamrolled, looks like a warmup match with Kenya saying "**** cricket".

Ryder should finish the chase in 20 mins tops.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think there are wickets out there, with the bounce not looking consistent, but Kenya will need seamers to use it.

ferg512

International Coach
This is the problem with this format, the minnows are around for way too long. There is going to be so many boring games.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Which is ironically what the problem was with the last World Cup's completely different format.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Imagine if NZL chase down the target within 5-6 overs . Even if they happen to be home by 1 wicket , their NRR steams upto +9.50 region . Its time the World Cup to come comprises of the Champions trophy teams along with 2 additional teams alone . 10 teams is more than good for me .

Params7

International Cricketer
Solution : limit the minnows.

Champions Trophy like.

----------

Imagine if NZL chase down the target within 5-6 overs . Even if they happen to be home by 1 wicket , their NRR steams upto +9.50 region . Its time the World Cup comprise of the Champions trophy teams along with 2 additional teams alone . 10 teams is more than good for me .

Definitely.

The skill gap is too large between minnows and the major teams, most of the matches in the first month now are going to follow a pattern of yesterday and today's match.

Completely 1-sided.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
They're bowling way too short. Sometimes bowlers can be allowed to bowl in areas; you could argue that a lack of threat from Kenya enabled NZ to keep pitching up; but here, if anything, the message they should be getting is to not drop short.

ferg512

International Coach
I think 10 or 12 would be good. They should have like 14-16 teams at the twenty20 world cup as because of the shortness they will have more of a chance.

Params7

International Cricketer
Its batting practice for the openers. They're practicing their boundary skills.

----------

lol Mccullum :lol

Owzat

International Coach
Shame this was so one-sided. I disagree that skittling minnows is in any way good, them batting first and posting a decent total or bowling first and chasing a total of 180-250 is good watching. Shame to see that happen to Kenya, they've been one of the best minnows in World Cup recent history and it was a crime Bangladesh were given Test status. Now the only way I can see Kenya getting it is if the ICC go with tiers.

Which is ironically what the problem was with the last World Cup's completely different format.

With 40-50 games in a competition there will be boring games. Not sure that was the problem with the last World Cup, the problem was that there were two cracking and very exciting shocks BUT the format was set up to be boring by having a 'super eight' with the organisers and TV BANKING on India and Pakistan making it a 'big eight round robin TV extravaganza'. What they got was two party poopers and a drag.

This World Cup offers experience to the minnows without playing them too much. Groups could have been set up with fewer teams, but the organisers/TV want enough games to sell the package and make a killing. Maybe four groups of five would have worked better than last time, gives the 'giant killed' an extra game to put that shock right. Each group would then comprise 10 games and then QFs or semis, whichever way they want to go - 'super' group stages were always naff. Gives them 40-50 games, keeps minnow bashing to maybe eight games overall and reduces the risk of the big guns going out early.

This World Cup format is very much designed to avoid the early exit of big and well supported teams, like what happened to India and Pakistan in 2007. They know that even if say Canada beat Sri Lanka, Canada would be beaten comfortably often enough and struggle enough against fellow minnows that Sri Lanka's class would show through in the group positions ie the format makes sure minnows have to win probably at least three games to cause an upset and even Bangladesh with their Test and ODI experience might struggle to get three wins.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Poor is what I want to say

Nice decision by ICC to remove associate nations from next world cup to make it more exciting

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Or make a group of minnows and make them battle among themselves, the battles will be interesting(as both of them are minnows) and the match will not felt boring.In this way they will also gain interest in Cricket and will also increase their confidence, though in quarter finals they gonna be beaten but still would be better than current format.

Users who are viewing this thread