Ghana 2 – 1 Nigeria ..

Semi-finals: 2008-02-07
Ghana v Cameroon
Côte d'Ivoire v Egypt

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought Angola were a bit unlucky in their game

I predict that Cameroon might edge Ghana, Ghan yes they are at home, but they seem to lack firepower up front, I also reckon Cote d'Ivoire will edge out Egypt, Egypt have been fairly impressive and so to the Ivorians, but the Egypt looked rattled for a while against plucky Angola, and plus Cote d'Ivoire will want to avenge their final defeat, but I reckon both the games will be close.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
LOL Cameroon are going to go through despite attacking the medics :D

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Bikey's a freak.

Ah, well. Ghana just didn't have enough urgency in the last 15 minutes. They were too casual and didn't string passes together. They couldn't even play route one effectively.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Watching live, arabic commentry ;) Go Egypt!

fatheyyyyyyyy Goalll!

Last edited:

Bilal91

International Coach
well what a victory for egypt in the end...4-1...who would have thought that...on paper ivory coast looked the much stronger side with the likes of kalou, drogba, toure twins, eboue but the egypt side had that special togetherness which they showed with sajdas after each goal...

another thing i noticed was that for 2 of the goals arsenal toure was at fault and i am pretty sure to say that he would have easily cleared the ball if he was in an arsenal shirt...being an arsenal fan i just hope that this was just him shaking off his injury cos he's indespensible to arsenal...

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Yeah I was really surprised how Ivory Coast didn't turn up really but Egypt deserve a lot credit and a decent bet for the final, I thought at 2-1 they might go level but Egypt impressed me, some of their players get on my nerves a bit, especially the antics, but the keeper made some great saves at 1-0 and made 2 great saves in particular that otherwise would have probably lead to Ivory Coast taking advantage in the game

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Oh, no. :(

The Ivory Coast are out...

Toure and Eboue will have to return a little earlier than I planned. Oh, well. I'll survive.

Bilal91

International Coach
not really...they are gna fight for 3rd place against ghana on saturday so at most they will be returning like 1-2 days before song...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great performance from Egypt last night. Really out played Ivory Coast in every department. I just can't understand how players from mainly Egyptian clubs can outplay stars from the premiership. They must have a great team spirit and bond in that Egyptian team. I'm backing them to win the final again.

What a great tournament it's been, and hopefully it'll top off with two great matches this weekend.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Zidan and Amr Zaky should play for BAyern Munich!

Users who are viewing this thread