2008 European Championships Qualifying

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No doubt McClaren will be made the scapegoat and get sackes obviously. Not that I mind like, he's boring as.

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
It's the points we dropped against Macedonia that're gonna come back to haunt us. If we'd won that we'd still be on easy street.

If it stays like this we need Israel to do us a favour. :noway

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
We're never going to be European champions if we're relying on Rooney to come to left back and defend too, guess it shows how important Cashley is. Ok so we're prettyy much out now, in the long term its probably better because it lets our players know what it means to play in a major tournament and McClaren won't be our manager at the world cup.

PhilD123

International Coach
Oh I was waiting for the anti-Rooney comments. It is always United players, remember Phil Neville in 2000, Beckham in 1998, the press love to hate United and that'll come tomorrow. They'll completely forget the fact that he hit a bullet of a volley to put us ahead in the first place. They'll be no mention from the Scouse loving press of the miss Gerrard made.

Never mind, England can do or die for me, I'd prefer United to win the Champions League than England to win the European Championships.

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
Looks like it's upto Israel...then for England to beat croatia.

Slim chance with the former; slimmer with the latter.

Typical it all ends with a Robinson eff up. The defender (was it Lescott?) should've reacted quicker, but it was a classical Robbo spill.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, James Elizabeth Carragher is exactly what England need. Best defender in England by far. England fans should be absolutely delighted, no qualificiation means McLaren can twat off back to boringville. Or Middlesborough as it likes to be known.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Typical it all ends with a Robinson eff up. The defender (was it Lescott?) should've reacted quicker, but it was a classical Robbo spill.

What game were you watching mate? It was a quality save. No keeper could've held onto it. For a start it was driven powerfully towards the corner and secondly he hhd 2 England players in the way. For once Robinson had a good game...

Animator!

School Cricketer
Right, so we know have to beat Croatia and will then end on 26 points. If Russia win both their last games- Israel and Andorra they will finish on 28. So they have to lose one of them.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
What game were you watching mate? It was a quality save. No keeper could've held onto it. For a start it was driven powerfully towards the corner and secondly he hhd 2 England players in the way. For once Robinson had a good game...

Trust me, i'm a goalkeeper and that was meat and drink. I could have held on to it and threw it back out by the time it took him to parry and admire it. If your gonna parry those you parry them round the post and not straight back into the field of play. Robinson is really lacking in some of the goalkeeping basics.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok matt will shove you in that position behind two defenders and give you a ball kicked bloody hard at you. tbh I don't think you would even save it...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Being brutally honest, i'd push it around the post no danger. I really don't know why we are playing a keeper who can't even get the basics right. James, Green, Carson and Foster are all better keepers than him.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I agree the ball could have been pushed away from the goal but it wasn't a dolly of a save. And I also agree that Robinson has been found wanting and should've been repalced a few games ago. There are many keepers like Kirkland, James, Carson and Foster who are better than him.

Users who are viewing this thread