2012 might be bad for us after all...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well I suppose NASA has to do something to justify its funding. Wonder what Nostradamus thinks about it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well I suppose NASA has to do something to justify its funding. Wonder what Nostradamus thinks about it.

They didn't say how long the effects would last for - it would probably mess things up good and proper for quite a while - but I don't see it as an End of the World scenario - more like a 'bad day for the Earth' scenario.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yay! We will soon be part of history. Be happy guys, for we are going to be a part of the medieval ages. Finally a chance to study how people lived in those ages without electricity.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
Technology has developed beyond its all limits.Humans are the most complex creature living on earth.At the time dinosaurs as they were also the most complex creature.After that they vanished from the earth.similarly we have developed so may technologies and we ourselves had also developed so we might get vanished.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
scientist are saying that earth might get destroyed in 2012. Rather than solving this enormous problem and helping out the fellow human being . they are still continue with their invention.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Unlikely. How about this? If we are all still here in 2012, you and all your little buddies get banned.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I once heard that scientists had discovered a way to make dead people come back to life but instead of rolling it out en masse to cemeteries they decided that it wouldn't be cost effective and destroyed all evidence of their discovery.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I once heard that scientists had discovered a way to make dead people come back to life but instead of rolling it out en masse to cemeteries they decided that it wouldn't be cost effective and destroyed all evidence of their discovery.

Scientists said that? It must be true. Would've been nice to have some of the relis back.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I wouldn't be surprised if that was serious.

No doubt about it - it was on the lunchtime news, not the One show or something like that. :laugh

Edit: Oh you meant the post about living in Medieval times - who knows mate. Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest; I have had some brief experience of what it must have been like. When we used to stay with our relatives in Italy when I was a child, the lights often went for no reason at all - including the streetlights - so we'd have to make our way from where we stayed in the day, to where we slept at night in pretty much pitch darkness - especially if the torch couldn't be found, which was often the case!! So no thank you very much. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Seriously? :eek:

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

scientist are saying that earth might get destroyed in 2012. Rather than solving this enormous problem and helping out the fellow human being . they are still continue with their invention.

Which invention do you mean - the Large Hadron Collider that they're making black holes with? The black holes last but for an instant and they're micro black holes, so there's no danger of that causing any problems.

Either way, if the Mayans and so on are right, there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it, even the scientists. :noway

Last edited:

themuel1

International Coach
Good. If the worlds ending I can at last go on my killing spree.

I've seen this story before. It's not set to be anywhere near as bad as some of you are suggesting.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Great if the end of the world doesn't get us I'll be slaughtered my a Mule instead.

Users who are viewing this thread