2012 might be bad for us after all...

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Simpsons have their moments, if it wasn't for them there would be no South Park

The Simpson was great now its starting to get a bit worn out in my opinion. The lure of South Park is the topical nature of the show its forever evolving with new potential stories. Whereas the with the Simpsons there's only so many potential story arcs in my opinion; there is after 20 odd series anyhow.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
The Simpson was great now its starting to get a bit worn out in my opinion. The lure of South Park is the topical nature of the show its forever evolving with new potential stories. Whereas the with the Simpsons there's only so many potential story arcs in my opinion; there is after 20 odd series anyhow.

for me series 3-7 (fuzzy edges there) are basically the pinnacle of tv shows. The very early ones and ones after are mediocre.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Simpsons up to the 7th season were special. It quickly died and has been rubbish for a long time now.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
You know it's the end of the world when the Simpsons is rubbish :(

Those first 7 seasons, though, were superb. They had 3 seasons in a row where just about every single episode was an instant classic.

Sureshot

Executive member
I agree. Red Dwarf, Only Fools and Horses, The Simpsons and Blackadder (although thankfully Blackadder finished at its height) to name a few series.

Not the "new" Red Dwarf though, that's about as awful as comedy can be. Series 1-4 are excellent, 5-8 are still good, but not quite in the same league.

Little Britain always makes me laugh for the sheer audacity of some of it. Again, not for the easily offended, but amusing.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Not the "new" Red Dwarf though, that's about as awful as comedy can be. Series 1-4 are excellent, 5-8 are still good, but not quite in the same league.

Little Britain always makes me laugh for the sheer audacity of some of it. Again, not for the easily offended, but amusing.

I thought that about the new red dwarf at the time, hated it first time around.

Watched it again a couple of weeks later and thought it was ok, not as good as any of the rest,t but enough for me to think if they did any more now they could be watch-able.

Sureshot

Executive member
There were some LOL moments, but compared to the first 4 seasons, it was just a bit meh. The bunk scenes in the early series were what made it so good.

Users who are viewing this thread