2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watto just called this a world class bowling attack. :lol:lol

Can't believe how suppressed the truth is when it comes to Indian cricket.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Coming to India, I do have my reservations how South Africa defeated them. That didn't look India at all that day. India should have won that game.

Regardless, Its true that Virat Kohli is back to his form but this is not the old VK. I feel like that he has seen his prime and now he still can Win you matches but that through his experience much like What Inzamam used to do in his last portion of the career. Maybe I am wrong in here but thats what my opinion is.

India missed Bumrah here big time. Their batting has been good overall. Sky is a great find, I do feel that KL Rahul is not a big pressure match player as far as my observation goes. Shekar was a far better batsman. Get him back if he still has Cricket left in him. Rohit Sharma is also not on his absolute best which he used to be. India does have issues with their lower middle order as well. They do need fresh players in bowling department as well. Find a replacement of Bhuvneshwar and Shami as well as Ashwin. They do need to sit down and analyze.
I think India, in T20 terms, need to starting building a team for the next tournament around SKY, Hardik and Bumrah.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Coming to India, I do have my reservations how South Africa defeated them. That didn't look India at all that day. India should have won that game.

Regardless, Its true that Virat Kohli is back to his form but this is not the old VK. I feel like that he has seen his prime and now he still can Win you matches but that through his experience much like What Inzamam used to do in his last portion of the career. Maybe I am wrong in here but thats what my opinion is.

India missed Bumrah here big time. Their batting has been good overall. Sky is a great find, I do feel that KL Rahul is not a big pressure match player as far as my observation goes. Shekar was a far better batsman. Get him back if he still has Cricket left in him. Rohit Sharma is also not on his absolute best which he used to be. India does have issues with their lower middle order as well. They do need fresh players in bowling department as well. Find a replacement of Bhuvneshwar and Shami as well as Ashwin. They do need to sit down and analyze.

Dhawan is poor in T20s. He was rightfully dropped. Rahul's got to go but he'll probably be the next captain. Bumrah is a huge miss indeed but he wouldn't have made a difference today. Kohli's past his peak but he's still one of the few batters who stands up and scores when the pressure is on. He needs a good supporting act now around him that suits his playing style if he is to be in the side. Rohit's been trying to play aggressively over the last year and it has been hot and cold for him in that regard. For whatever reason though the team has been instructed to revert to their old style (maybe because they've figured out that unless you get a bit lucky opening is hard in these conditions) and he's probably the one most affected by this strategic change.

Bhuvi should also be gone but I suspect he'll be hanging around on the basis of experience. Chahar's fitness should also be better managed. Ashwin's replacement for years has been Sundar but the latter is never fit enough to be a regular and Ashwin always sneaks in the end due to that. Shami was in only because Bumrah was out injured and they had no one else to bowl 140+ on these pitches in form. I doubt they'll make the same mistake of putting all the eggs in the Bumrah basket again.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Dhawan is poor in T20s. He was rightfully dropped. Rahul's got to go but he'll probably be the next captain. Bumrah is a huge miss indeed but he wouldn't have made a difference today. Kohli's past his peak but he's still one of the few batters who stands up and scores when the pressure is on. He needs a good supporting act now around him that suits his playing style if he is to be in the side. Rohit's been trying to play aggressively over the last year and it has been hot and cold for him in that regard. For whatever reason though the team has been instructed to revert to their old style (maybe because they've figured out that unless you get a bit lucky opening is hard in these conditions) and he's probably the one most affected by this strategic change.

Bhuvi should also be gone but I suspect he'll be hanging around on the basis of experience. Chahar's fitness should also be better managed. Ashwin's replacement for years has been Sundar but the latter is never fit enough to be a regular and Ashwin always sneaks in the end due to that. Shami was in only because Bumrah was out injured and they had no one else to bowl 140+ on these pitches in form. I doubt they'll make the same mistake of putting all the eggs in the Bumrah basket again.

True that on Ashwin, literally at one time I see him and I was like wasn't he retired and started podcasting? Now he is back again?

I agree on VK role here. He surely has to be there but he needs a support. I have heard good things about someone Umran Malik If I am naming him correctly? Is he potentially a good fast bowler?

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
There are players like that in the domestic setup. As always, they're not backed and are given a couple of chances to play and then dropped for the core under the guise of rotation.
Out of interest, whom are referring to? Can you name a few players please?

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan