2nd Match, Group A - Warriors v Wayamba @ Port Elizabeth

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
my prediction is that the warriors will come out on top, although mahela will probably play a sachin like innings at the top.

cant wait to see Boje & Ntini back in action.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Should be a good match to see how the lesser known players go. Warriors will have the home ground advantage but Wayamba have quite a few internationals.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
actually, why have both teams waaaaay over-loaded their bowling?

botha at 6 is hardly that reassuring and boucher isn't the greatest wicketkeeping-batsman in the world.

the first 5 are crucial in both innings, they both need their openers to make inroads.

Last edited:

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Theron bowling very well so far! Removed the two most dangerous players in Wayamba

Chewie

BCCI President
Why has Theron's name been changed to Rusty in Cricinfo? I know that's his nickname but still...

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
The commentators have no idea who Kulatunga is, it seems. Pretty sure he made waves in SL domestic cricket in the T20 format, was the best batsman in the tournament, and many wanted him to be picked in the World T20 squad. But, his age was an issue. Pretty good batsman though, and solid knock today. Kushal Perera also looks like a good talent - only 20 too.

Theron and Botha impressive for the Warriors. Loved the dismissal of Mahela.

153 is slightly above the average first innings score on this pitch. Competitive, but I think Warriors should chase that down.

Chewie

BCCI President
Kulatunga did play some T20Is though. First SL batsman to score a T20 century.

I think the Warriors should be able to chase it down too. The impact of the spinners will be the key

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Warriors sure do have a long batting lineup with Boje listed at 8, probably need it with Botha at 6.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Kulatunga did play some T20Is though. First SL batsman to score a T20 century.

Yeah, but that was like 2 matches in the Canada Cup iirc. Nothing substantial.

Colin Ingram's wicket has given Wayamba a chance here. Although, he threw it away, no need for that shot. Looked very good in his stay at the wicket.

And just as I'm typing this, Boucher goes big! Warriors should win this now.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
lost it in the first over really. their top 3 should have been on way more than 50 after 9 overs but that's what you're looking at if you lose wickets too early with a short batting line up.

Users who are viewing this thread