Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
As expected, CSK are floundering. I think this is their last game of the tourney. My instinct is proving right so far. One IPL team qualifies for the semis, the other one will not.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
This is the current situation as it stands after Chennai reached 136-6.

'S Rajesh, our stats man has this. Warriors need 109 to go through to the semi-finals based on net run-rate. If they go past 109 and lose, Chennai and Warriors qualify. If Chennai lose this, they're out.'

Now that the Chennai openers are making runs, the middle order is collapsing.

Warriors have the players to knock out Chennai.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think Chennai will still pull it off.

Hope so. All in the hands of our spinners. Murali, Jakati and Raina need to do something.

Edit: WHAT A CATCH!!! Hussey, you genius!!! Perfectly timed jump to grab the ball which was going for a six, to get the dangerman Jacobs out..... SUPERB!!

Damn!! This is tense.... Warriors need 52 from 30 balls @ over 10 runs per over! Chennai are back, but the last two overs for Warriors have been 9 runs each per over!!! Hope Chennai makes it!!:upray

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
At the moment the Warriors have qualified for the semi-finals, but they still can knock out Chennai.

15 runs of the final over needed. This is going to be difficult for the Warriors.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
So it's RCB VS CSK in Semi's :crying

One team will go out ████...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
So Victoria are knocked out even though they won three matches.

I am not what the final net runrate is in group A, but I believe this will be the semi-finals:

Bangalore vs Chennai
South Australia vs Warriors

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Thankfully, my instinct proved me wrong in the end, and I AM DELIGHTED ABOUT IT!!! Great stuff from CSK, especially the spinners (Ashwin, Jakati and Murali). After the pasting in the Super Over in the last game, Ashwin came back superbly to snare Boucher just when he was running away with the game. But today, the fielding has been splendid. The catches by Hussey and Kemp at the boundary and the blinder by Kemp at the beginning were just sensational.

All IPL semifinal. The biggest rivalry of the IPL (Tamil Nadu/Chennai vs Karnataka/Bangalore) is now shifting to South Africa where they will fight for a final spot. So one IPL team is definitely making it to the final. Hope its CHENNAI! But Bangalore have a batting lineup in red hot form, and their bowling is more balanced than Chennai. Hope for the best!

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

So Victoria are knocked out even though they won three matches.

I am not what the final net runrate is in group A, but I believe this will be the semi-finals:

Bangalore vs Chennai
South Australia vs Warriors

In the end, it sounds very fair. Chennai, Warriors and Victoria have all won 3 matches each and lost only one match each. In the end, the team with the higher NRR goes to the semis and its Chennai/Warriors. Both of them deserve their semifinal spot. Victoria knew at the start that it could come down to NRR (they should be knowing the rules)

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

So it's RCB VS CSK in Semi's :crying

One team will go out ████...

The positive side of it is, one IPL team is assured of a final spot.

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I think Chennai will still pull it off.

You were proved right! Kudos

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Wow, what a match :hpraise Those catches were stunning - Hussey's and Kemp's. They proved the standard saying, "Catches win matches". This is not the biggest ground, & Dhoni's gambling with 3 spinners got rewarded. But it won't be the case in next match @ Durban though.

Well done, Chennai! Let's continue marching with pride. :banana2

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Wow, what a match :hpraise Those catches were stunning - Hussey's and Kemp's. They proved the standard saying, "Catches win matches". This is not the biggest ground, & Dhoni's gambling with 3 spinners got rewarded. But it won't be the case in next match @ Durban though.

Well done, Chennai! Let's continue marching with pride. :banana2

Dhoni himself told in the presentation that their strategy might have to change for the semifinal at Durban where spinners wont get much purchase.

Whats with Albie Morkel? I guess he is not fit. Is he expected to be fit by the semifinal? If he is fit, he should be back in for Kemp. Bring back Balaji for Jakati (even though Jakati was excellent today). I think Hussey has earned his semifinal spot with that 50 today. Wish Dhoni promotes himself up and doesnt face much of the death overs. He has totally lost his aggression style and shouldnt be where he was today.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Albie Morkel was ill. He had a flu and that's why he didn't play the recent Twenty20's.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
It seemed that Morkel was almost fit for last match, so we can expect him to be back in the side for semis. And yeah, Balaji will be mostly into the side again for Durban as it's not spinners' arena.

Well interesting thing is, RCB have better pace options compared to CSK. But who cares, we have better strategic skipper. :p

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha! Chennai is semis. Nice to see that one Indian team surely will get to the finals.

Users who are viewing this thread