3rd Place Match - Germany vs Portugal

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
3rd Place Match - Germany vs Portugal, 8 July 2006, 21:00 at Stuttgart

I wonder what the team lineups will be. Pretty much a nothing match they really should just call these two teams 3rd equal for the World Cup. It's just painful making a team with no chance of winning the World Cup still play another game.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Definately germany, i don't think there will be much of a crowd, i doubt portugal will care so easy German win againt Portugal 2nd side.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can i just ask why the tournament organisers actually organise this match, what is the point? Is it supposed to be a nice starter for the antics the next day?

usy

Chairman of Selectors
^ It's the way it goes, from the first world cup to last?

wolf

International Cricketer
Hopefully the two teams will just go for it. Attack, attack, attack they might as well.

voldemort

International Coach
will be boring and germany will win, they probably do it for financial reasons

The gate reciepts, the 3rd place winners prize money [ is there one? ] and the prestige of being 3rd.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Gemany to win this, just so they can keep home crowd happy.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Portugal are going to win and anyways there will not be any homew crowd t owatch this match.. all are dissapointed..

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Portugal are going do dive, thats for sure. Whoever watched the review on the BBC last night will see what i mean. It was an aboslute joke. Ronaldo missed the ball so just awalked and fell over. Same with Carvalho. W*****s

usy

Chairman of Selectors
peh, they not that good to beat Germans, TBH I don't have a clue i they manage to beat Holland, crap team No offence.

Drewska said:
Portugal are going do dive, thats for sure. Whoever watched the review on the BBC last night will see what i mean. It was an aboslute joke. Ronaldo missed the ball so just awalked and fell over. Same with Carvalho. W*****s
The best swimmer is in the world is in Portugal's sqaud, what to expect, ofcorse a dive.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
The Referee who takes this match better study up on the Portugese, they should be given a straight red in my opinion - that will make the Italian and French player think twice before they do so in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread