World Cup Final - Italy vs France

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
A great final IMO but the Zidane incident spoilt it all.
I`d like to know why he did that.

France were a shade better than Italy in normal time or even extratime.
Though Italy could easily have been 3-1 in the 1st half with those corners (one of which hit the crossbar).

hondeyho

International Cricketer
That was quite a shock, you can't help but feel sorry for Zidane at times like this. Thierry Henry was outstanding in the second-half yesterday.

Italy win it on penalties and it seems as though they are the parallel version of England, (the potential, the controversy, the failure in penalty-shoot outs), Martin O'Neill said it best though:

'If you were to say that we were watching the World Champions, I wouldn't believe you - they didn't look like it tonight'.

afridi25

International Cricketer
Apparantly there was a nipple tweak from the italian player on Zidane and that is why he head butted him.

sachin

International Coach
Well there was no doubt that France were a good deal better,and i personally was happy to see Henry hit a bit of form in that second half.Against any other team you would have expected France to score again,but all credit to Italy on their defending(Cannavaro best player in the tournament,without a doubt).Either Zidane just couldn't be bothered being a gentleman anymore or there was something nasty said.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Italy's defence was top notch best in the tournament. They haven't let through a goal apart from one own goal and Zidane's penalty. That is some effort.

On Zidane most rumours are saying the Italian called him a terrorist hence he reacted. Obviously something was said as Zidane was walking away then suddenly looked back and the head butt occured.

adriano123

Club Cricketer
i think so zidane will have another farewell friendly...BTW i wanted to ask did he also retire from real madrid or not....and i also think there was some racist coment by metarazzi coz they slapped hands after a tangle and zidane was leaving till he returned at once and headbutted him......By the way gr8 play by italy(rather only buffon metarazzi and cannavaro) .....and good to see camoronesi and gattusu finishing their promise they made abt if they win they will cut their hair and take of shorts LOLZZZ

Indiangod

International Coach
Italy win on penalties!!!, a great win for Italy, waht was Zidane thinking?, disgraceful way to end his career, but he I think he is the best footballer since Maradona.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Ya guys, Mataratzi must have said something really bad to Zidane, thats why he turned and hit him on the chest with his head. What a Header :laugh :D :cool:

wolf

International Cricketer
I still can't believe Zidane did it, I am just in shock. That has ruined what was a fantastic career, as that will be people's memory of him, forever. Whatever was said it was unaccetable.

Full credit to Italy, Cannavaro and Matterazi will imense, and they all tucked their penalties away.

I feel sorry for Trezaguet as well, there is always one in shoot-out and he was the unlucky chap, at least he had the guts to go forward and take one.

Also I feel if France had played two up front they would have won.

EDIT: LOOK AT THIS!!!! Zidane Goldon Ball winner!

Last edited:

FreddieFan

International Coach
wolf said:

Ok, the red card doesn't change his performances in the rest of the World Cup, but I don't think he should have won that. Partly because of the Red, and partly because I don't think he was the best player of the tournament - I'd probably have given it to Cannavaro.

Sureshot

Executive member
barmyarmy said:
France, Italy and the Ukraine are all in Scotland's group!

And we get Russia, Croatia and Israel :D

The golden ball winner was decided at half time yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread