Semi Finals - Portugal vs France

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
its going to be a exciting game. I personally want potugal to win coz they have never won a world cup

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
usy said:
France is gonne kick Portos, and Henry is gonne kick Ronaldo.

lol this is just like 2000 European Football Championship semi-Final France VS Portugal, and then France beat Italy in Final, lol, cumoo (common) France!! Show them what happined in EURO 2000!
I am afraid you are 100% wrong! and second of all Henry is a Striker and Ronaldo is a Right Midfield for Portugalia, and in the match they will never face each other, so Henry can kick his own ass ;)!

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Well I really hope that France win - Zidane is the player everyone wants to see but unlike England he is not the player that France depend on, (e.g. Rooney)

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Farrukh_|$B said:
I am afraid you are 100% wrong! and second of all Henry is a Striker and Ronaldo is a Right Midfield for Portugalia, and in the match they will never face each other, so Henry can kick his own ass ;)!

Or maybe he'll just cover it, even if no one even bothers kicking it. Anyways Euro 2000 was six years back, and France were a much younger and faster side then.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
More like Ronaldo has done it again. That guy has to be the dive king.

Portugal should have equalized just then. Poor keeping from Bartez, shouldn't have given Portugal a second chance to head it in.

James219

International Cricketer
I think an Henry suspension could be on the cards....he wasn't even touched. He obviously won't be reprimanded, but that really is a poor display, and Portugal have every right to be sour towards France- it'll be an interesting final, eh?
Anyway, the Portugese were okay, not as fluent and dominant as they were in the group stages, but still reasonably sharp, although their attacks were somewhat reserved, and that allowed the French experience to kick in and shut down most possible opportunities. Ronaldo looked particularly threatening when running at the defence, but that was basically all the time, and for that reason they weren't really playing as a team, nor finding variation.
Apart from a few mishaps, Barthez's keeping on the whole was very solid.
Oh, it was 1-0 to the French, by the way....

usy

Chairman of Selectors
m_vaughan said:
Or maybe he'll just cover it, even if no one even bothers kicking it. Anyways Euro 2000 was six years back, and France were a much younger and faster side then.
But I guess france are still better after 6 years, and Farrukh I hope you enjoyed the results :).

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
who saw the Nancy Boy Ronaldo cry.......god whats happened 2-3 months ago i loved him for United.....?

sachin

International Coach
Well whoever said Henry was not touched is kidding themselves...To me it looked more like he fell and made a huge meal out of it.But i'm not surprised Vaughen hasn't bagged Ronaldo about the dive of the century...hmmm,maybe becuase he might be going to Real Madrid?

James219

International Cricketer
Well yeah, he was touched, but it was a VERY slender clipping of the ankle and by no means worthy of a penalty, and he obviously sensationalised it after the stumble.....
Ronaldo's was terrible, but that guy just has problems...

Last edited:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
sachin said:
Well whoever said Henry was not touched is kidding themselves...To me it looked more like he fell and made a huge meal out of it.But i'm not surprised Vaughen hasn't bagged Ronaldo about the dive of the century...hmmm,maybe becuase he might be going to Real Madrid?
I dont bother saying it about Ronaldo, because he does it all the time. Henry on the other hand has saved his best for the WC it seems.

sachin

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
I dont bother saying it about Ronaldo, because he does it all the time. Henry on the other hand has saved his best for the WC it seems.
Or he doesn't dive usually and unfortunately has dishonoured himself in doing so.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
More like Ronaldo has done it again. That guy has to be the dive king.
You know what, one point I though I was watching swimming. :p Yehe, Portuguese are really good at swimming I assure you.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
sachin said:
Or he doesn't dive usually and unfortunately has dishonoured himself in doing so.
Thats like saying, diving is an accident. Accept it, Henry is a great player, but he is far from the cleanest. Maybe thats why he always loses out on the World Player of the Year Awards. These things do stay in the minds of the all those who nominate the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread