Fifa world cup draw

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Us English call it football and it was created by the English. No idea why you guys call 'Aussie Rules' football. It's mainly played with your hands. As with you Yanks and American football.

Please, did you just put Aussie Rules in the same category and American football in terms of foot usage?

We have a noob.

Anyway, who cares if we don't make it out of group stage. We do alright for a country where soccer is probably the 4th or 5th ranked sport compared to other countries.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Umm do you know anything about American Football? Half the points scored are field goals (In case you don't know - KICKing the ball through the uprights), and everytime a touchdown is scored the KICKer comes out to KICK an extra point. After each score and at the beginning of each half their is a KICK-off, and plenty times through out the game the punter is called in to KICK to ball away.

No, I know nothing about Aussie Rules, but why would I? It's not shown in England, which probably says something about the sport. Even Netball is on TV over here, and that is a rubbish sport.

*Awaits mass abuse from the Aussie contingent*

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
You do kick the ball way more in AFL. Rather in gridion, you rarely do, more times youre passing it or running it.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
They don't even score in soccer :D

And they're are more scoring 'shots' in AFL, then field goals in NRL.

And in NRL, most of the passing is throwing, while in football it's done by kicking. But nowadays there's more hand passing I suppose.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
No, I know nothing about Aussie Rules, but why would I? It's not shown in England, which probably says something about the sport. Even Netball is on TV over here, and that is a rubbish sport.

*Awaits mass abuse from the Aussie contingent*

████ argument. I can say the same thing. No soccer is shown on free to air television over here (apart from the World Cup, but even that might not be free to air next year). AFL, NRL, Union, Motorsport, Tennis, Cricket, Netball, Olympics, Wrestling, Swimming, Golf all seem to get televised on free to air, not soccer. Now does that say something about the sport?

But I'd prefer not to turn this into a debate as it becomes tireing and non conclusive, and frankly we don't care....

Last edited:

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
████ argument. I can say the same thing. No soccer is shown on free to air television over here (apart from the World Cup, but even that might not be free to air next year). AFL, NRL, Union, Motorsport, Tennis, Cricket, Netball, Olympics, Wrestling, Swimming, Golf all seem to get televised on free to air, not soccer. Now does that say something about the sport?

But I'd prefer not to turn this into a debate as it becomes tireing and non conclusive, and frankly we don't care....

Errr no. Champions league, Fifa club world cup(currently on), U17 world cup, Bundesliga and Serie A are shown on FTA. Just check One and SBS.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
He means actual leagues (bar Champions League), like the EPL for instants?

Users who are viewing this thread