5th Match, Group A: Deccan v Somerset at Hyderabad (Decc)

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
deepuparayil, you got anything to say now? ;)

Somerset > Deccan
English teams > Indian teams

1) we started this only 2 years ago.

2) we play only for a month while poms have it throughout the year.

still RCB and DC gave great competition. both went down to the wire. so, its just
a matter of "whos in a better mood" that day.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
These are not Indian teams if I may add. ;)

Exactly, these IPL players only play together every now and then. The actual Indian teams don't play in the CLT20.

Not taking anything away from the other teams, but still.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There are indeed more matches, but early signs show that the 'Indian based' (better?) teams are struggling on home soil. The 'Indian based' sides should be winning, just look at the world class talent they have.

Having said that, I don't see Trinidad & Tobago beating Somerset or Deccan so both sides should be through to the next round.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Somerset > IPL.
Twenty20 Cup > IPL.
Alfonso Thomas > Everyone.

:D Great game of cricket that. Kieswetter didn't get the double hundred I predicted, but it was awesome to see the Somerset lads pull off a victory. What a hero Alfonso Thomas is, man I wish he was English. I'd have him straight in our T20 and ODi sides, rated him very highly for a long time. One of the best death bowlers in the country. Somerset really need to get Kieswetter back up the top of the order tbh. I like Langer, but he should be at 3. Tresco and Kieswetter make an awesome opening partnership.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Good game.

Thankyou Champions League it's only because of you i m coming to know about this team Sussex, Somerset, cape cobras etc etc :)

King Cricket

International Coach
The 'Indian based' sides should be winning, just look at the world class talent they have.

Two things,

Too many cooks spoil the broth.
All that glitters is not gold.

(Why am I spouting proverbs time and again today?)

shrenik

International Coach
There are indeed more matches, but early signs show that the 'Indian based' (better?) teams are struggling on home soil. The 'Indian based' sides should be winning, just look at the world class talent they have.

Having said that, I don't see Trinidad & Tobago beating Somerset or Deccan so both sides should be through to the next round.

Its T20 mate...anything can happen...
On the day,however weak the team is,it can pull out a victory from no where..
for now....we'll only have to wait and see what happens in the coming days

shrenik added 12 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

above all this,i just forgot to mention what i wanted to....

what a match that was....i mean,at 99/7 it was all over for Somerset...but hats off to Alfonso Thomas for pulling out a victory...i really appreciate his temparament

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Scott styris was the man in the final over. Anyway lot more close matches to come!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Two things,

Too many cooks spoil the broth.
All that glitters is not gold.

(Why am I spouting proverbs time and again today?)

Not necessarily. Having Laxman and Gilchrist opening the batting is never a bad thing. Nor is having Andrew Symonds or Scott Styris. It gives the team a lot more experience than most sides and that should be a big advantage when it comes down to the close matches (Obviously not today but Thomas is also a very experienced cricketer).

Its T20 mate...anything can happen...
On the day,however weak the team is,it can pull out a victory from no where..
for now....we'll only have to wait and see what happens in the coming days

True. But Deccan and Somerset have too much quality for T&T. I can't see T&T restricting Laxman, Gilchrist, Trescothick or Kieswetter.

Params7

International Cricketer
But nobody has been able to explain WTF happened to Laxman today?

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Good win for somerset and another lost for an IPL team. How manys South Africans play for Somerset, they almost have the same number of internationals as IPL teams (obviously those South Africans are on Koplak contracts).

Users who are viewing this thread