6 Nations Match Summaries; Predictions & Comments Thread 2006

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Scotland started brightly but fell away when the referee gave Wales a penalty try.
img_arc_large_51_1.jpg

Wales were really back to their form from Six Nations 2005 I felt yesterday. Everything seemed to go against Scotland. A stupid Scott Murray lost his temper and just kicked out. Being sent off.

img_arc_large_51_4.jpg

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Scotland could actually win the 6 Nations - they've beaten England 18-12, and fully deserved! I think it'll be between Scotland, France, England and Ireland in the Six Nations - definetly ruling out Wales and Italy at this stage.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
When will AR drop Ellis for goodness sake?!?! 3 games and he still hasn't shown anything to convince me. I don't blame Ellis for the loss, it was a performance that included far too many mistakes. Scotland though do deserve alot of credit for the way they defended and for taking their chances when they had them.

If Dawson doesn't play against France, I'll rob a bank, buy a ticket for the channel tunnel and physically strangle AR.

themuel1

International Coach
stevie said:
When will AR drop Ellis for goodness sake?!?! 3 games and he still hasn't shown anything to convince me. I don't blame Ellis for the loss, it was a performance that included far too many mistakes. Scotland though do deserve alot of credit for the way they defended and for taking their chances when they had them.

If Dawson doesn't play against France, I'll rob a bank, buy a ticket for the channel tunnel and physically strangle AR.

Tickets arn't that expensive! Let's start a collection for Stevie, donate here.

embi

International Coach
Maybe someone could smuggle him in their car :)

Back on topic, it was a dodgy performance from England, they still haven't really recovered from the slump after the world cup... England teams are famous for winning something big then losing the next game :p , look at football/soccer 1966, rugby 2003, ashes 2005 (tell me if any missed out :p).

James219

International Cricketer
embi said:

Back on topic, it was a dodgy performance from England, they still haven't really recovered from the slump after the world cup... England teams are famous for winning something big then losing the next game :p , look at football/soccer 1966, rugby 2003, ashes 2005 (tell me if any missed out :p).

Yes but England were a fairly old side when they won the World Cup in 2003, so it wasn't really a form slump as such, it was to an extent, but also a reformation process with a few key players retiring afterwards, the coach retiring and obviously the ongoing injury plagues of Wilkinson.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
embi said:

Thats the England way win something by going all out and then the wheels fall off afterwards. They won't come near the All Blacks come next year. The World Cup is coming back to the Southern Hemisphere :p

James219

International Cricketer
I agree the All Blacks should definitely take the World Cup home in 2007, the strongest force by far in most aspects by far, but they've been favourites plenty of times before and haven't finished off the job, so should be interesting. England won't yield their title cheaply so it should be an interesting tournament.

I agree the All Blacks should definitely take the World Cup home in 2007, the strongest force in most aspects by far, but they've been favourites plenty of times before and haven't finished off the job, so it will be a very competitive tournament as England won't yield their title cheaply.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
ZexyZahid said:
Don't know if this really has to do something with the Six Nations, but I curious when I read this.

Tell me what you thought when you read this topic.

Hooker banned for Wasp stomp
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18472947-23210,00.html

After the shambles in Paris, the last thing we need is potential players getting themselves banned. I've just seen Ellis is playing on Saturday...oh well, congratulations Ireland on winning the triple crown at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread