80s "Fantasy" Test League - battle of the all rounders: contains video of best AI ball of all time

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Ouch that's rough, I'm about to go to Indi, cant decide weather to play 3 seamers and Murali or 2 seamers and 2 spinners. Nailed on either way I get it wrong :lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Will do a full update later but I just got smashed by an innings playing as England in Pakistan...

Both Beefy and Imran were fairly average

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
This is by a mile the greatest ball I have ever received from the AI. Drift and spin, did me like a kipper. Didn’t even mind getting out to this bad boy!

Came for the video, wasn’t disappointed.

Bowling a right hander round his legs with a right hander over the wicket, impressive!

Good luck for the rest of your thread :)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Came for the video, wasn’t disappointed.

Bowling a right hander round his legs with a right hander over the wicket, impressive!

Good luck for the rest of your thread :)

Cheers man. And the drift! Was such a good ball I didn't mind getting out!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This is by a mile the greatest ball I have ever received from the AI. Drift and spin, did me like a kipper. Didn’t even mind getting out to this bad boy!

During the beta I had a similar wicket, getting out and not caring because of the delivery. Imran Tahir over the wicket to my left-handed batsman. Wide and pitching on leg side, I looked to nudge down the legside. Turned out to be a googly that then spun across my batter and clattered into the stumps.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Restarted this competition as

1) I was realistically never going to finish a 4 round robin competition playing every game
2) I wanted to make some changes to squads and players

First up I’m Sri Lanka playing away at West Indies - baptism of fire.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
46/4 AT LUNCH! Off 29 overs.

Luckily there’s a lot of rain about all 5 days. If I go into lockdown I might escape with a draw

Users who are viewing this thread